Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Seriously. Some of you should take a break for a while

No doubt. Went up to the north woods for 10 days. Fished. Photographed the changing leaves. Communed with the bald eagles nesting at the edge of my dad's property.  Listened to Ray Wylie Hubbard. Fished some more. Paid no attention to this situation. Feeling refreshed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ll take a break when Trump goes back to doing normal Trump things like pontificating about nuking hurricanes, buying Greenland, changing the weather, and awarding himself the Medal of Honor.

Take a break?  Lulz

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:49 PM, Degenerate Gardner said:

When does Twitter pull the plug on this dangerous lunatic?

Well, never.  

Actually, I think him broadcasting his disintegration in real time is a fantastic thing.  It’s like if Hitler had a cell phone and twitter account in his bunker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spent most of the weekend in Austin at a training for county chairs for the upcoming elections.  I will say that I was impressed by the Texas Sec. of State office's staff and their presentations.  The TDP has a ways to go, but I think the Beto campaign showed them up enough to push them to upgrade their game and they are doing so.   I fully believe that Beto's campaign lit a fire under quite a few more people than I to get involved.  Because the room was half and half blue and red, and we were all mixed, it was a tenuous truce everywhere.

So I have been trying to catch up all day, and finally have, so forgive me to reach back for some comments.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:56 PM, TexLonghorn said:

Too late now, but a better response would have been:  You seem like a sad, bitter old man who is looking back with disappointment on a miserably led life.  Be glad to see you gone!

On 9/29/2019 at 1:41 AM, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, as calculated and politically craven as it is, I’m with Hugo.

If the Democrats try and throw everything impeachable Trump has done at the wall NOTHING is gonna stick.

That gives Trump and Moscow Mitch and Russian Rudy the opportunity to nitpick 87 different stories to death. And when just one of those is less than airtight, then that one becomes the narrative and “Well, this is wrong so how can you believe the other 86?”.

It’s not right and it’s not logical but that’s how it will go. The Republicans are vastly better at messaging - mostly because they play to the lowest common denominator and ignorance - and they will gaslight the public.

Hand the public 87 different “high crimes and misdemeanors”, each with their own set of facts and no overreaching narrative, what are the non-political junkies (95% of Americans) likely to do?

Throw their hands up and tune out.

This Ukraine mess is a simple, easy to understand narrative. Focus in on that and hammer it home. Don’t get in the weeds.

No matter how much all the other stuff is deserving of inclusion, the end goal is what matters. Including everything doesn’t remove him quicker or punish him more.

They only need one thing to stick. He cannot be MORE punished by this process just because they throw 87 offenses at him.

He’s done thousands of horrible things and if jaywalking across Pennsylvania Avenue (lol like he walks anywhere) is what removes him, I’m completely fine with that.

While the impeachment proceeding are going on, they should start running articles every day on all the other things he's done but could be charged with.  Just one a day would be enough.  A lot of people have just not been paying attention, and I think impeachments will wake some of them up.  So while they are focused on the big impeachment things, give them a tray full of assorted larcenies to snack on.  "Oh really?  He did that too?  Wow!"

On 9/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, Nivek said:

It only took slightly paying attention to him and his style to realize he was a walking disaster and a conman. We would have done better electing Bernie Madoff.

Add in a little research and you can see how utterly corrupted he is/was.

Yes, the frontline piece on Clinton and Trump should have been requisite viewing to vote.

On 9/29/2019 at 6:12 PM, 4th&Five said:

For every accusation....

On 9/29/2019 at 6:24 PM, horncyclist said:

Where's all the surly republicans to defend this shit? He needs to resign tomorrow. If he doesn't, remove him. Every Senator who votes no is complicit in this shit. 

They have all picked up their balls and gone home because us mean, dumb democrats wouldn't give their god a chance.  At least that's what I've seen a few say...we are just too wrong and unwilling to listen to reason to waste time on.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:27 PM, UpperWestside said:

He doesn't care about anyone outside of Ivanka. Hell he would throw her under the bus to save his ass if and when he has to. 

The guy is a lunatic. We have a man who has all of the nuclear codes, the person who has more power at his disposal than any human being who ever set foot on this small planet of ours, and that person happens to be not only batshit crazy, but also likely suffering from some form of dementia.

This is the nightmare scenario. In the 20th and early 21st century we could point to who our main adversary was in regards to wanting to destroy our version of Democracy. That was always a foreign agent or nation. We could point at our threat and focus our attention on it knowing it was not an American (yes we have had spies and defectors as almost every country has) trying to ruin us from within. 

Now we have a completely illiterate buffoon who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground in charge of everything. This is a turning point for us as a country. We either force those in Washington to do their damn job or we just let our country wander aimlessly. Brisket's airplane crashing into the mountain scenario is not far off the mark. I say that as someone who hopes those who are currently doing the wrong thing decide to put party over country and do what is right, if for no other reason than it being what is best for the majority of this country we all live in. Looking at the current evidence of their actions I do not think they will though and I hope hell has a nice hot seat waiting for them.

The latter bolded part makes me less nervous about the first one.  He couldn't figure out to launch, even given a comic book on it.   And by now, I wouldn't doubt the codes have been changed, without his knowing.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Nike socks.

Excellent catch.

9 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Fuck the electoral college. 

Sorry, don't think it's been said lately

And gerrymandering and the noncommittal filibuster for good measure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

No I think it’s Cletia or Cletium

I think you are mixing "Cletium" with "Cletitorium"

noun

1. The part of a theater, concert hall, or other public building in which a Cletus sits.

"the stage was small and the Cletitorium had only 366 seats, but PABOTUS was able to fill it to capacity."

2. A large building or hall used for Cletus gatherings, typically speeches, livestock molestation, or stage performances

"the Otasco Roping and Mutton Busting Arena in Central Oklahoma is a magnificent Cletitorium and one of Oklahoma's premier indoor venues"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

My 30 year HS reunion is that weekend, wonder how many of my classmates will make it a Dallas double header.

I had one of those in Arlington on Cooper St back in the 80s. Between that and dating a preacher's daughter in high school, this ol' Bowie county country boy's expectation of sexual favors from future women was severely over-inflated. 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

He isn't sleeping. He never slept much. Now he isn't sleeping at all. 

I hope he finds a way. Color me nervous. He is unstable to start with and its obv he needs to go. 

I prefer him gently resigning if it means my skin stays attached to my body. No nukes it is friends. Have a good sleep.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, staboner said:

I hope he finds a way. Color me nervous. He is unstable to start with and its obv he needs to go. 

I prefer him gently resigning if it means my skin stays attached to my body. No nukes it is friends. Have a good sleep.

I wouldn’t worry. By now the Joint Chiefs see what’s going on and the nuclear football just orders him Filet-o-fish sandwiches. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So it's only fair to judge the performance for about 2 1\2 months when he wasn't President and ignore the 2 1\2 years when he was? That's when it "wentl" up big. Makes perfect sense, 

dp

Edited by Jack Straw

38 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I wouldn’t worry. By now the Joint Chiefs see what’s going on and the nuclear football just orders him Filet-o-fish sandwiches. 

Hopefully they changed the codeword to I'm_Guilty. He'll never enter that one.

• Like 1