Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

So it's only fair to judge the performance for about 2 1\2 months when he wasn't President and ignore the 2 1\2 years when he was? That's when it "wentl" up big. Makes perfect sense, 

Expectations of mpg exceeds actual mpg. YMMV.

Edited by bolverk

16 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

This is my new favorite kind of Trump tweet.

At some point, someone obviously got it into his thick skull that that he can say whatever he wants on Twitter if he quotes one of his minions on Fox News, while having the "I was just quoting someone else!" defense should something ever get back to him.  But lately, since his brain is eating itself, I've noticed a number of tweets where he either forgets to tag the Fox personality, or simply just thinks that putting quotation marks around something is all he needs to do.  Stable genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

So it's only fair to judge the performance for about 2 1\2 months when he wasn't President and ignore the 2 1\2 years when he was? That's when it "wentl" up big. Makes perfect sense, 

It shouldn’t have to be explained, but money was held in reserve by investors while they waited out the election results.  Trump won, the direction of the wind was known and those reserves were invested. The exact same thing would have happened if Clinton won, with some variance in where the money was directed.

Money is starting to be held again.  This time while investors bide their time until a someone who is not a fiscal idiot takes control.  This is going to be the real motivator for the GOP to do something about Trump  Their real base — the 2% — are feeling nervous about their excessive wealth.

6 hours ago, staboner said:

I hope he finds a way. Color me nervous. He is unstable to start with and its obv he needs to go. 

I prefer him gently resigning if it means my skin stays attached to my body. No nukes it is friends. Have a good sleep.

You worried about saving your own skin?

Yeah, it covers my body.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy shit if true

So what exactly is the purpose of this tweet?  A lot of people voted for me/like me so I can do whatever I want going forward regardless of the law?  This type of tweet should be used against him and other Republican congressman/senators but of course it will be forgotten about in the next few minutes when he tweets out something more crazy. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

At some point, someone obviously got it into his thick skull that that he can say whatever he wants on Twitter if he quotes one of his minions on Fox News, while having the "I was just quoting someone else!" defense should something ever get back to him.  But lately, since his brain is eating itself, I've noticed a number of tweets where he either forgets to tag the Fox personality, or simply just thinks that putting quotation marks around something is all he needs to do.  Stable genius.

Forgot the close quote too.  Or did he intentionally add an open quote to confuse people?  4-D chess...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, brown water said:
Then I saw red
When I opened up the door
I saw red
My heart just spilled onto the floor
And I didn't need to see his face
I saw yours
I saw red when I closed the door
I don't think I'm gonna love you anymore

I do see a Warrant in his future.

• Like 2

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Well, let's see.....

1) because he wasn't under oath

2) because he never said that such statement was a quote...in fact, he expressly said that it was something entirely different: "Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates."

3) because it's the fucking floor of Congress, and the privilege for statements made there is goddamned near absolute.

How fucking gut-bleeding stupid is this fucking POTUS?  I remember when I had toddlers, and they were more sane and rational to deal with.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

2) because he never said that such statement was a quote...in fact, he expressly said that it was something entirely different: "Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates."

Can you point me to a transcript of Schiff's monologue?  I have a few "friends" who need to see exactly what you posted along with the rest of (at least) that part of his statement.

The gaslighting is just so over the top. 

"I am not quoting the President directly -- this is my interpretation of what he said on the call . . . "

"OMG you claimed you were reading my exact words and you LIED LIED LIED!!!"

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Can you point me to a transcript of Schiff's monologue?  I have a few "friends" who need to see exactly what you posted along with the rest of (at least) that part of his statement.

The gaslighting is just so over the top. 

"I am not quoting the President directly -- this is my interpretation of what he said on the call . . . "

"OMG you claimed you were reading my exact words and you LIED LIED LIED!!!"

Here's the full statement:

"Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the president communicates: ‘We've been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don't see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from you, though. And I'm going to say this only seven times, so you better listen good. I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent, understand? Lots of it. On this and on that. I’m going to put you in touch with people, not just any people. I’m going to put you in touch with the attorney general of the United States, my attorney general Bill Barr. He’s got the whole weight of the American law enforcement behind him. And I’m going to put you in touch with Rudy. You’re going to love him, trust me. You know what I’m asking and so I’m only going to say this a few more times, in a few more ways. And by the way, don’t call me again. I’ll call you when you’ve done what I asked.’

"This is, in sum and character, what the president was trying to communicate with the president of Ukraine. It would be funny if it wasn't such a graphic betrayal of the President's oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal, there's nothing the president says here that is in America's interest after all." 

There are numerous videos of it, but I pasted the text from politifact: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/sep/30/context-adam-schiffs-dramatized-version-trump-zele/

The GOP and its defenders, in characterizing Schiff's statement as misstatement of the president's words are....oh, what is the word for that.....LYING.  Schiff said exactly what any number of advocates have said when describing an opponent's actions -- "this is the essence of his message - "  It's called "paraphrasing," among other labels.  To attack someone as "misquoting," when the person LITERALLY SAID THAT HE'S NOT QUOTING, is a lie.

In other words, standard GOP and Trump tactics, and truly the only tool in their arsenal.  Take away the tool of lying, and the GOP would be a mute entity, periodically shitting itself and grunting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

Washington(CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the "founder of ISIS" and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee's position.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.

"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/politics/donald-trump-hugh-hewitt-obama-founder-isis/index.html

Washington(CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the "founder of ISIS" and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee's position.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.

"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

Donald Trump causes cancer. 

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We are almost at the "Go fuck yourself America." tweet?