Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You actually have dozens if not hundreds of people here denouncing it, not reveling it.

WE didn't do shit.  *I* didn't do shit.  I didn't vote for these fuckers and there is really nothing I can do to stop Donald Trump from being an evil dickwad when I'm trying to keep a family of 7 afloat in Austin, TX.

Enough with the fucking pearl-clutching.  You're a ridiculous drama queen.

Fuck the south and parts of the midwest and any fucking state that will always vote red no matter what. Fuck them and let them be their own country. I'm fucking tired of them standing in the way of progress and allowing shit like this to happen. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck the south and parts of the midwest and any fucking state that will always vote red no matter what. Fuck them and let them be their own country. I'm fucking tired of them standing in the way of progress and allowing shit like this to happen. 

I appreciate the sentiment, but it's a bit impractical.  Remote islands of sanity bookended by large populations on two disparate coasts is never gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

yeah... unfortunately probably 95% of this board is from one of those states 😕

You including Texas in that?

Because you should until proven otherwise.

Alabama has Doug Jones in the Senate and y’all got Cruz and Cornyn.

Checkmate.
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Checkmate.

Texas would probably be more than happy to be its own country, I dunno, but at least it has a chance of turning blue at some point. I feel if Donald fucks up enough, Texas could go blue.....Bama never will. 

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Checkmate.

Oh yeah? Well ... so is your face. Boom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

How do you think the Baltic states are feeling today?

The Baltics are in EU and NATO. They will be just fine. France, Germany, and the rest of the EU have enough to handle Russia if they need to. 

We are the only dishonorable dealmakers at any of these tables. Even the UK in the midst of imploding over Brexit still stands behind the deals it has made. Even with Brexit, they are following agreed upon protocol to do it. Trump would have just unilaterally walked out on day 1. No official notice. No deadlines. No deals.  Just block entries and start jailing and deporting EU citizens while UK citizens face retaliation abroad. Even Farage and Johnson are better than Trump. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  I got nothing left in the tank.  We are led by a madman.  

I mean, I'd say that this is as bad as it can possibly get, but of course we all know that it can and will get even worse.

We've just begun the downslide. Just wait until this extreme corruption and fiscal irresponsibility leads to a market crash, hyperinflation, and a greatly devalued currency. There's no Obama administration to pull us out of Republican led crashes this time, and with the slash in corporate tax rate and artificially low interest rates of this administration we have almost no way to combat a market crash anymore. Think early 90s Soviet Union but replace a hardened cold war-era people with a super entitled and soft population of 350 million whiny babies. 

Oh, and if any of you want to know the courageous, BRAVE stance of Republican leadership is on this, here's the message back from a friend of mine prominent in such circles:

I hate the Syria decision and have criticized it publicly

There you have it.  They've CRITICIZED it.  Such moral fiber, such BACKBONE.  And you people say there are no more heroes!  Why, I stand and salute these heroic men of principle, I applaud them with great American vigor!

source.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

Nice, but not real.

We so those tweets every now and then, but really think of the logistics of a private entity sneaking something that size, out of thick material, up there and spreading it out and tying it off.  All while not being stopped by security.

Oceans 11 couldn't pull that off.

In the late 80s, friends of mine may have hung a banner over the press box at Mercer Stadium in Sugar Land, explaining how much Clements High School fellates primate genitalia.  I may or may not have been there but got away before people were rounded.   It was not that hard to get the banner on top of the press box, but they may not have tall enough ladders or have tall enough friends to boost them up to the roof.   

But kids these days, don they have drones and shit, can’t they hack service elevators and disguise themselves as workmen, etc.?

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

What is funny about the whole thing is that we are talking about a Yale trained lawyer with 20 years of experience. 50k a month (600k a year) is on the (very) low end of expected salary for someone with that pedigree. Partners at big firms are making well above $1 million a year, and many make several times that. Honestly, the response should have been: is that all?

Yep.  And I meant to attribute that to a mook here in my office from earlier this morning, got sidetracked with other shit, then came back and posted without adding that.

50 minutes ago, sachick said:

I think he really believes the bullshit he says. 

People still don't seem to understand that whatever Trump says is the opposite of what he believes. The fact that he uses the word "perfect", repeatedly, is a tacit admission that the call was in fact not perfect.

Similar to his oft-repeated nonsense about being a stable genius. It reveals his own insecurities about himself that he may in fact be an unhinged moron.

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

People still don't seem to understand that whatever Trump says is the opposite of what he believes. The fact that he uses the word "perfect", repeatedly, is a tacit admission that the call was in fact not perfect.

Similar to his idiocy about being a stable genius. It reveals his own insecurities about himself that he may in fact be an unhinged moron.

This.

The ‘every accusation is an admission’ thing is completely true for him. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Remember when this guy has his body guards attack people during a peaceful protest on U.S. Soil and donald trump and the republicans did nothing, said nothing, and took it?  Yeah.   So I am real fucking surprised he is alienating out regional allies and diminishing our prestige by continuing a practice of alienating allies, breaking agreements, and emboldening 3rd world thugs.  Meanwhile driving up the debt, reducing our industry at home, and pretending to be a tough guy.    Grab the donuts boys, this is what they wanted and got because people are too lazy to have fought against the gerrymandering and too stupid to vote for the qualified candidate over the charismatic buffoon.  

Lest we forget. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Turkish troops enter northern Syria, says President Erdogan, setting up a potential clash with Kurdish-led forces

As i see Turkey's economy is neither destroyed nor obliterated, Mr. Trump must consider Turkey entering Northern Syria within limits.

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lest we forget. 

Feds Drop Prosecution Of 7 Turkish Bodyguards Involved In Assault Of Protesters

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/22/596227771/feds-drop-prosecution-of-7-turkish-bodyguards-involved-in-d-c-brawl

Federal prosecutors have dismissed all criminal charges against seven bodyguards of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan who were involved in the beating of protesters in Washington, D.C., last year.

The assault charges were actually dropped in February, one day before outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson met with Erdogan. A State Department spokeswoman says that the timing was coincidental.

So many weird coincidences with this presidency...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So fucking sick of this.  They sound like idiots every time. 

Does any rational adult honestly think for one second that prayer works on any level.  No matter your religious or spiritual beliefs, Grow the fuck up.

If it actually worked at all ever, there would be no cancer, no kids dying, no tragedies and we would win this weekend 85-0.   But alas 

Edited by SameSame
  • Like 8