Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Ultimately out scum bag President did what he always does, put money ahead of people.  Dead people can be "balanced" by inflicting some potential economic damage on the living.  Sort of like having a guy that had a reporter strangled, and then chopped up is fine, if there is some sort of monetary transaction to justify having no morals.

Dumbest fucking commander in chief any of us have seen since we started a war with the wrong country after 9/11.  It least in that case president Bush didn't make the decision all by himself sitting in his underwear watching sports center.

• Like 2

Anybody else about ready to start drinking now I’m anticipation of how Trump is going to wordsmith the pardoning day the White House Turkey here in a few weeks. I can’t wait to see how he tries to tie in pardons and the nation of Turkey.  This is gonna be dynamite.  

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Kangaroo courts are named as such because of their comedic nature like the show Captain Kangaroo. Fact.

Global warming / climate change can’t be real because it still gets cold. Fact.

The bible is real. Fact.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so as an american taxpayer, why again should i care what our former vp's son did or didn't do to foreign countries?

Because it's noise and if you look at that other cookie jar over there you won't see the main cookie jar being robbed!!!

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

And that the GOP knew and were fully complicit.

As much as we like to blame the GOP/Russia (and they are to blame), the concentrated corporate power is what really facilitated much of this.  

Imagine if Facebook wasn’t so negligent or Fox News wasn’t pure propaganda.  Imagine if the Koch bros and Mercers hadn’t AstroTurfed the Tea Party.  Imagine if our highest court in the land wasn’t bought off by special interest and Citizens United went the other way. 

Gross incompetence and corruption at the highest levels of the corporate world embraced American fascism with open arms.  

Russia and the GOP just exploited an already crippled, corrupted, and deeply flawed democratic system. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Imagine if Facebook wasn’t so negligent or Fox News wasn’t pure propaganda.  Imagine if the Koch bros and Mercers hadn’t AstroTurfed the Tea Party.  Imagine if our highest court in the land wasn’t bought off by special interest and Citizens United went the other way. 

Gross incompetence and corruption at the highest levels of the corporate world embraced American fascism with open arms.  

It's not negligence or incompetence.  It's maximizing shareholder profits.  Zuckerberg, the Murdochs, the others running the various media companies/social platforms, are doing exactly what's in the interest of their shareholders, utilizing the laws of the land, so to speak.

I'm sick about the Kurds. I could cry. This is so wicked and I feel like I have a hand in it because I'm American.
If I could be president right now, I'd fill the skies over Syria with American planes and demand Turkey back off. I'd airdrop medical and humanitarian aid to areas already hit. I'd go myself, unguarded, to the Kurd leadership and abjectly apologize that the US allowed this outrage to even begin.
I would swear that the US would make solving the Kurdish issue a foreign policy priority because we don't betray our allies.
This is so fucking bad. It's a crime. If we don't stop it right away, we are no better than the worst autocratic regimes in the world.
The author of this policy should be publicly scourged. I'm so torn between rage and despair.
GettyImages-496532892.jpg
28dc-military-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

We are shit.

Hey, we’re the bad guys now. It sucks.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm sick about the Kurds. I could cry. This is so wicked and I feel like I have a hand in it because I'm American.

If I could be president right now, I'd fill the skies over Syria with American planes and demand Turkey back off. I'd airdrop medical and humanitarian aid to areas already hit. I'd go myself, unguarded, to the Kurd leadership and abjectly apologize that the US allowed this outrage to even begin.

I would swear that the US would make solving the Kurdish issue a foreign policy priority because we don't betray our allies.

This is so fucking bad. It's a crime. If we don't stop it right away, we are no better than the worst autocratic regimes in the world.

The author of this policy should be publicly scourged. I'm so torn between rage and despair.

GettyImages-496532892.jpg

28dc-military-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality

We are shit.

It's horrific and right up there with kids in cages as the most disgusting things we've done during the Donald administration. 

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not negligence or incompetence.  It's maximizing shareholder profits.  Zuckerberg, the Murdochs, the others running the various media companies/social platforms, are doing exactly what's in the interest of their shareholders, utilizing the laws of the land, so to speak.

Acting like sociopaths at the expense of the country.  

Call it whatever you want. 

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

our allies being slaughtered while isis becomes resurgent.  MAGA!

i would be willing to bet that erdogan sold this as a way to present the usa with an enemy in an election year. turkey gets to kill their kurd enemies, ISIS is no longer defeated but resurgent, rally the base around the troops that are going to fight ISIS in syria!

makes me sick either way. it's truly tragic, and i'm ashamed of our country. we've done this time and again with the kurds. why they continue to trust us, i have no idea.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Acting like sociopaths at the expense of the country.  

Call it whatever you want. 

Perfectly legal, even if we don't like the results.

Don't like it, get Congress to put in more regulations on advertising/political campaigns, and get the corporate money out of politics.

2016 was the culmination of many years of this - there was plenty of astroturfing that everybody was aware of prior to 2016.  Of course, it's also incredibly cheap and effective campaign advertising, so maybe Congress wasn't that interested in slowing things down.

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Nice.

Nice, but not real.

We so those tweets every now and then, but really think of the logistics of a private entity sneaking something that size, out of thick material, up there and spreading it out and tying it off.  All while not being stopped by security.

Oceans 11 couldn't pull that off.

Edited by SameSame

22 minutes ago, Burt said:

Because he was making $50k/month!  That's like $6 million, dude!

What is funny about the whole thing is that we are talking about a Yale trained lawyer with 20 years of experience. 50k a month (600k a year) is on the (very) low end of expected salary for someone with that pedigree. Partners at big firms are making well above $1 million a year, and many make several times that. Honestly, the response should have been: is that all?

6 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Nice, but not real.

We so those tweets every now and then, but really think of the logistics of a private entity sneaking something that size, out of thick material, up there and spreading it out and tying it off.  All while not being stopped by security.

But what about Oceans 12?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Nice, but not real.

I once looked into the logistics of hanging a 100’ “ Greg Davis is not our standard” banner from the west-side upper deck.  It proved to be a difficult task.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

What is funny about the whole thing is that we are talking about a Yale trained lawyer with 20 years of experience. 50k a month (600k a year) is on the (very) low end of expected salary for someone with that pedigree. Partners at big firms are making well above $1 million a year, and many make several times that. Honestly, the response should have been: is that all?

I'm not disputing your #'s, but wasn't Hunter just a board member?  It wasn't a full-time position, was it?

Not that I give a damn about his income streams.