Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I've never wanted you to be right more than I do now.  Even knowing how insufferable you'll be if you are -- I'll take it.

Trump (and preferably all of his GOP sycophants as well) going down in flames is all I want for Christmas....for the next 50 years.

same, on all counts.  i mean, on the one hand, we have ... polls.  i seem to recall polls telling me that hillary clinton would be elected in a landslide.  on the other hand, we have facts, and evidence - all of which points to years of Republicans consistently - in fact, at every single opportunity - putting party over country and never, ever doing the right thing.  Republican elected officials have had dozens upon dozens of instances to stand up and say, "this is wrong, enough is enough, Trump needs to go - the country needs to come first" when presented with overwhelming evidence of criminal activity and treason committed by Trump, his family, and his administration.  so far, they are batting .000.  forgive me for doubting that they will all of a sudden start stroking base hits on the reg in terms of doing the right thing for the country.  if they do, i will happily eat crow and celebrate it.  i've been on record for some time now saying Trump should have been removed the minute he stepped off the stage in Helsinki.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

"Blue on Green".  What a complete fucking  idiot.  He literally knows nothing.

Sooo, maybe 15% true at best? Trading in the deaths and mutilations of US soldiers, and even getting a few laugh lines about a rebuilt nose.

No fate is too bad for this POS.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Straw said:

same, on all counts.  i mean, on the one hand, we have ... polls.  i seem to recall polls telling me that hillary clinton would be elected in a landslide.  on the other hand, we have facts, and evidence - all of which points to years of Republicans consistently - in fact, at every single opportunity - putting party over country and never, ever doing the right thing.  Republican elected officials have had dozens upon dozens of instances to stand up and say, "this is wrong, enough is enough, Trump needs to go - the country needs to come first" when presented with overwhelming evidence of criminal activity and treason committed by Trump, his family, and his administration.  so far, they are batting .000.  forgive me for doubting that they will all of a sudden start stroking base hits on the reg in terms of doing the right thing for the country.  if they do, i will happily eat crow and celebrate it.  i've been on record for some time now saying Trump should have been removed the minute he stepped off the stage in Helsinki.

This.

Evil fuckers like Trump are one thing -- they're easy to hate, and identify as evil.

But collaborators...they're worse.  Because they KNOW better.  They aren't afflicted with an evil psychosis.  No, they CHOSE the path of evil, and selling out their own people and country for short-term personal gain and transitory power.  Collaborators.....none of this should end until every one of their cowardly asses is finished.  Their support for Trump and Trumpism should haunt them for the rest of their lives, they should never be allowed to escape it, their families should have to choose to bury them in unmarked graves. to avoid them getting shit on.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

"Blue on Green".  What a complete fucking  idiot.  He literally knows nothing.

i only made it through 20 seconds.

but in those 20 seconds, where the thesis was basically, "the hardest thing i have to do is sign letters to parents of soldiers who've been killed", he managed to:

-mention the witch hunt

-explain that there's not a lot of upside usually, typically only downside (orly?)

someone can give me the notes on the remaining 4:40.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Evil fuckers like Trump are one thing -- they're easy to hate, and identify as evil.

But collaborators...they're worse.  Because they KNOW better.  They aren't afflicted with an evil psychosis.  No, they CHOSE the path of evil, and selling out their own people and country for short-term personal gain and transitory power.  Collaborators.....none of this should end until every one of their cowardly asses is finished.  Their support for Trump and Trumpism should haunt them for the rest of their lives, they should never be allowed to escape it, their families should have to choose to bury them in unmarked graves. to avoid them getting shit on.

Reminds me of the old boondocks saints quote:  Now, we must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil, which we must fear most, and that is, the indifference of good men.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am sure his upside is that you don’t have to worry about your son/husband anymore. Since he is such a kidder.

The upside is that they get to meet Donald Trump, the bigliest, greatest president in the history of America.  They all tell him "oh sir, it's terrible that our father died, but he'd be happy knowing we got to meet you.  And we stand with you against the sick democrat witch hunt!"

23 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Republican senators aren’t going to turn on him because it’s the right thing for the country...they’ll turn because it’s politically expedient.

remember months ago when lots of us were pointing that out?

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

The plane is starting to level and you’re about to have to explain why you molested the old lady sitting next to you while hysterically crying.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Turkey buries facts behind Jamal Khashoggi's torture/murder for MbS and SA.

100%

Turkey threatened to leak facts behind Khashoggi (Example: transcripts of their side of the phone calls) in wake of all the Ukraine stuff, as a reminder to Trump that they don't need to wait until another whistleblower reveals what is in the server.

• Like 3

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The plane is starting to level and you’re about to have to explain why you molested the old lady sitting next to you while hysterically crying.

Explain myself?

Shit, I'll just announce my candidacy for office as a GOP candidate and coast all the way in.  Erratic behavior and molestation of women is pretty much the central plank of the platform these days, right?

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

100%

"If the evil libs didn't give Trump so much shit for helping MBS get away with murdering a US resident journalist and dismembering him with a bone saw, Trump wouldn't have to trade the Kurds for help covering it up, so it's really all the libs' fault." — every Trump supporter. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Explain myself?

Shit, I'll just announce my candidacy for office as a GOP candidate and coast all the way in.  Erratic behavior and molestation of women is pretty much the central plank of the platform these days, right?

Don't forget pretending to be a Christian.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i only made it through 20 seconds.

but in those 20 seconds, where the thesis was basically, "the hardest thing i have to do is sign letters to parents of soldiers who've been killed", he managed to:

-mention the witch hunt

-explain that there's not a lot of upside usually, typically only downside (orly?)

someone can give me the notes on the remaining 4:40.

You don’t want to watch the rest.

He did manage to work in a joke about a Purple Heart wounded whose face he said was somehow better now. 

My only response to it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

I think this may be it. Dam collapsing. Either he resigns in next 2-3 weeks or something very bad happens. I'm legitimately scared. 

Dude... I would love for you to be right and have to come back and eat crow but how many times have we "hit bottom" since January 2017?   We will be talking about something else equally or more batshit crazy two weeks from now. 

11 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Dude... I would love for you to be right and have to come back and eat crow but how many times have we "hit bottom" since January 2017?   We will be talking about something else equally or more batshit crazy two weeks from now. 

Yep.  And it's October 2019.  We have a year til the election.  There's a non-zero chance none of us make it that far.

19 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

how many times have we "hit bottom" since January 2017?   We will be talking about something else equally or more batshit crazy two weeks from now. 

this is our concern, dude. remember the Mueller Report, the one that clearly laid out crimes committed by the President of the United  States?   the one that is in everyone’s rear view mirror right now?   i remember that one.   pretty good chance this will all be behind us and everyone will be worked up about the next set of crimes and treason that will have no real consequences within the next several weeks.  next. 

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

I think this may be it. Dam collapsing. Either he resigns in next 2-3 weeks or something very bad happens. I'm legitimately scared. 

30 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

What is this "something very bad"?  Our allies getting slaughtered?  Putting children in concentration camps?  Shooting up synagogues?  Shooting up brown people at Wal-Marts?  Sending bombs to former presidents?

There've already been very bad things happening, but they haven't by and large been aimed at wealthy, white, straight, Christian men, so they get ignored because tax cuts, or stock market, or whatever bs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

What is this "something very bad"?  Our allies getting slaughtered?  Putting children in concentration camps?  Shooting up synagogues?  Shooting up brown people at Wal-Marts?  Sending bombs to former presidents?

There've already been very bad things happening, but they haven't by and large been aimed at wealthy, white, straight, Christian men, so they get ignored because tax cuts, or stock market, or whatever bs.

Preach brotha

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Worse than those things you listed, which were bad. 

• Like 1

I'll reiterate what I've said above: the tighter the noose gets, the more his puppeteers, whomever they may be, will pressure him to accelerate their agenda's timeline. I think that is what happened with the Kurds and that alone has caused a massive destabilization in the region. Donnie barely had nuance with minimal pressure on him. Now that he is being crushed to death, there is a real threat that Donnie drags the country into something very real and very bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Wait, he just said 25%.

If it's a bad number for him Trump always cuts it in half. 

Trump triple bogeys the short par 3...put me down for a 3

Fox news poll says 51% want impeachment and removal... Trump says it's only 25%

Trump steps on the scale...put me down for 239.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, and if any of you want to know the courageous, BRAVE stance of Republican leadership is on this, here's the message back from a friend of mine prominent in such circles:
I hate the Syria decision and have criticized it publicly
There you have it.  They've CRITICIZED it.  Such moral fiber, such BACKBONE.  And you people say there are no more heroes!  Why, I stand and salute these heroic men of principle, I applaud them with great American vigor!
source.gif

We talking about the same guy? Yeah, a real profile in courage he is.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

this is our concern, dude. remember the Mueller Report, the one that clearly laid out crimes committed by the President of the United  States?   the one that is in everyone’s rear view mirror right now?   i remember that one.   pretty good chance this will all be behind us and everyone will be worked up about the next set of crimes and treason that will have no real consequences within the next several weeks.  next. 

Ah, well nevertheless

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

If it's a bad number for him Trump always cuts it in half. 

Trump triple bogeys the short par 3...put me down for a 3

Fox news poll says 51% want impeachment and removal... Trump says it's only 25%

Trump steps on the scale...put me down for 239.

And if it's the number of units that have already been sold in a new Trump condo complex, he triples it. Everything is an exaggeration. 

• Like 1

We are indeed.

In addition to his paid work as a professional shill, he’s building his personal brand proudly volunteering in the fight to make things even worse for the most vulnerable and broken souls in our city and the low paid people who work to make their lives bearable.

What must the quiet hours be like for such a person?

3 hours ago, woohorn said:

100%

Yeah but what is Trump getting on the backend. He's not sacrificing his support from the military, neocons in Congress and Fox News just for Khashoggi. 

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

This is from a Foxnews reporter.....

This ties into my comment in the impeachment thread, about a Fox News poll showing over 50% favor impeachment.

That poll, the account from this Fox News reporter, these very negative things (for Trump) don't make it to the public unless the Murdochs want them to.

So this is getting interesting on the Fox News front.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I've never wanted you to be right more than I do now.  Even knowing how insufferable you'll be if you are -- I'll take it.

Trump (and preferably all of his GOP sycophants as well) going down in flames is all I want for Christmas....for the next 50 years.

It's completely believable that Trump leaked his own internal polling, given that he has no problems leaking national security secrets.  And it would also tie into his ego - he thinks it's great that 75% of Republicans support him no matter what.

I'm willing to bet his math grades at various schools/university weren't too hot, and that he is forgetting the non-Republicans.  That 75% of Republicans is great to him, but if that 75% is drawn from 40% of the country as a whole, he is truly fucked.

I watched another 5 minutes of Tucker tonight, after watching my first five minutes last Wednesday. The one story I saw was mostly him attacking other media sources for using, "the same talking points" (regarding impeachment). It's a strategy that may work for them if stuff goes really sour. 'Don't touch the remote! We will give you the real talking points!'

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

These past few weeks have been completely different compared to anything going back to January of 2017.  The Mueller Report (and months leading up to it) didn't touch off near the craziness we've seen in Trump these past couple of weeks.

What appeared to be Trump being scared in the past, turned out to be nothing compared to October of 2019 - Trump is fucking terrified, and he projects this in his tweets, his pressers, his statements.  Absolutely terrified.

And he will lose his shit when he sees that Fox News poll.

• Like 1