2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

Here's a quote:

“Sources told me that McCoy has also been concerned about the future of his position coach and primary recruiter, Drew Mehringer, and cannot determine if Herman will be looking to replace Mehringer once the one-year contract extensions for the Longhorns' assistant coaches expire following the 2019 football season.”

Nice bullshit.....

UNDEFEATED!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

“Sources told me that McCoy has also been concerned about the future of his position coach and primary recruiter, Drew Mehringer, and cannot determine if Herman will be looking to replace Mehringer once the one-year contract extensions for the Longhorns' assistant coaches expire following the 2019 football season.”

curb your enthusiasm big vagina GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure that quote was offered yesterday in some update, which means today's update probably has exactly zero fucking new information. 

I find this reasoning to be stupid, and Hulk said, likely a bullshit excuse. While I'm as critical of Mehringer as most skeptical posters here, the guy is likely not going to be in a better position than he is currently. National Recruiter of the Year, in part of what he did getting McCoy to campus. The irony is, that if McCoy doesn't return it's that much more likely that Herman would use that as an excuse to fire Mehringer. But of all the staff members, you have to think Mehringer is on safer ground that he was 9 months ago. And now this? Bullshit. 

45 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Anyone thinking the NCAA utilizes a clear set of laws, rules, or standards during the course of their decision making is insane.

He would be represented by a lawyer, him thinking about transferring this summer would have no influence over his verdict. How would they prove his thoughts, twitter? Good luck.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is a terrible attitude. This entire place doesn't exist if we all just shut up when we don't know anything.

In the purest spirit of Surly, let me further the cause by adding nothing of substance to what you wrote. 

• Like 1

They are in a war with each other. 

If you want the Scoop on SC go to Scott Schrader. 

USC promised Bru McCoy the starting WR position something that wasn't going to happen at Texas.

Plus there was the spring game. I think McCoy's father was not impressed. 

Thing is very few WRs are drafted in the first round anymore. So I think his Dad is idiotic to think a 6-3 WR that runs a 4.5+ 40 will be drafted in the first round. 

• Fuck You 8

I don't know anything either, doesn't mean that will stop me from speaking as an authority on matters as I see fit.

Just a general rule of thumb of mine.

Now see that’s interesting, because I’m an expert authority on all topics and it creates quite a burden on me to always have to tell people what to do.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

USC promised Bru McCoy the starting WR position something that wasn't going to happen at Texas.

Thing is very few WRs are drafted in the first round anymore. So I think his Dad is idiotic to think a 6-3 WR that runs a 4.5+ 40 will be drafted in the first round. 

Hi Trojan Princess.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

OK. Cool

Hook 'Em! 🤘

Mr. McCoy should have told his son to run the correct routes if he wanted a better spring game performance.

Hopefully Jake Smith is ready to go.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

Guys, please stop all this crap. These are 17 year old kids and everyone one of you and me did stupid crap at that age. If the young man is truly conflicted, thats his deal and not yours. Most of you are making judgements based on your experiences and not his. Nothing good comes from this and you look like a bunch of aggys who actually ran off a highly recruited young man years ago.

Start acting like We're Texas. If the young man comes back to Austin great, if not wish him well and move on and quit taking this stuff personally.

Maybe you should read through the last few pages again because the majority of posters have wished him well. And I don’t believe anyone has taken it personally. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Maybe you should read through the last few pages again because the majority of posters have wished him well. And I don’t believe anyone has taken it personally. 

Yeah but it’s kinda greggrym’s thing to hop in a thread, offer absolutely nothing to it, and act all sanctimonious while doing so. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Here's a quote:

Nice bullshit.....

UNDEFEATED!!!

giphy.gif

That’s the regardedest thing I’ve ever read. Transferring because his position coach may not get an extension next year. Going to a school where the entire staff is about 100 times more likely to be fired. There is an absolutely zero percent chance that is his actual reasoning. Of all the stupid shit the $9.95ers say, that may be one of the worst

1 hour ago, realgreggym said:

Guys, please stop all this crap. These are 17 year old kids and everyone one of you and me did stupid crap at that age. If the young man is truly conflicted, thats his deal and not yours. Most of you are making judgements based on your experiences and not his. Nothing good comes from this and you look like a bunch of aggys who actually ran off a highly recruited young man years ago.

Start acting like We're Texas. If the young man comes back to Austin great, if not wish him well and move on and quit taking this stuff personally.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

That’s the regardedest thing I’ve ever read. Transferring because his position coach may not get an extension next year. Going to a school where the entire staff is about 100 times more likely to be fired. There is an absolutely zero percent chance that is his actual reasoning. Of all the stupid shit the $9.95ers say, that may be one of the worst

I’m gonna guess being worried that a position coach might not get his contract extended is the BS you make up when you decide “misses momma and wants to hang with his bros” isn’t going to be seen by the NCAA as a compelling reason to transfer. 

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah but it’s kinda greggrym’s thing to hop in a thread, offer absolutely nothing to it, and act all sanctimonious while doing so. 

sounds like a good gig.

Edited by Bevo14

51 minutes ago, TheGhost said:

That’s bullshit, with a capital B.  Clay never offered him a starting WR job,  Graham Harrell is in full charge of the offense, not Coach Helton.  Amon-Ra, Tyler, Micheal and Kyle Ford have something to say about that.

Scott NEVER said Bru was offered the starting job, Scott is a personal friend for many years, my Twitter account is basically advertising his site.

Also false is Bru’s dad not being impressed with the Horns spring game.  None of this has anything to do with the University of Texas football program or the team.  

Are you Maya?

• Fuck You 31

2 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

That’s bullshit, with a capital B.  Clay never offered him a starting WR job,  Graham Harrell is in full charge of the offense, not Coach Helton.  Amon-Ra, Tyler, Micheal and Kyle Ford have something to say about that.

Scott NEVER said Bru was offered the starting job, Scott is a personal friend for many years, my Twitter account is basically advertising his site.

Also false is Bru’s dad not being impressed with the Horns spring game.  None of this has anything to do with the University of Texas football program or the team.  

Are you Maya?

well well well... long time, no see...

• Like 1