Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 8/7/2023 at 2:06 AM, TonyTexas said:

I actually warm the bakery tortillas the same way you would prepare the ready-to-cook. I find the bakery ones undercooked and too doughy otherwise. 

Although this is the best way to warm them, you can also put them in a toaster if you're pressed for time. or just don't want to wait for a comal to heat up. 

On 8/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

Although this is the best way to warm them, you can also put them in a toaster if you're pressed for time. or just don't want to wait for a comal to heat up. 

My toaster has a little wire pop up thing for warming above where toast goes. Works great for the torts, still will fill with steam and cook them but you miss out on the brown spots.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

4ac57656221856ad6f74ec2c9f5c7cca.jpg
Grabbed these today. Fifteen minutes in the Air Fryer and had Steak and Fries for dinner.

how were they? i see them but never totally sure if they are going to suck or not. they are not selling through at a high rate at my store...

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the mi tienda salsa roja recently. Worst tasting stuff that I have ever had. I could not figure what was wrong. It was either too much vinegar or the whole jar had spoiled. Or someone had vomited into the jar. Threw the whole jar away

Edited by salonghorn

Is it just me, or does HEB seem just overly staffed to the point where the employees are in everyone's way and don't seem to care?

I get they have to go pick items since the BOPIS and e-store model has absolutely exploded, probably along with like instacart and those other services, but it's been pretty extreme and obtrusive the last few times I've gone inside.

11 hours ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Is it just me, or does HEB seem just overly staffed to the point where the employees are in everyone's way and don't seem to care?

I get they have to go pick items since the BOPIS and e-store model has absolutely exploded, probably along with like instacart and those other services, but it's been pretty extreme and obtrusive the last few times I've gone inside.

Every single HEB but the Rundberg one. Not enough curbside orders and HEB didn't want to splurge on kevlar vests for the pickers. The store more than makes up for it with the families who bring all 8-12 of their kids along to shop for groceries. 

43 minutes ago, Deej said:

Every single HEB but the Rundberg one. Not enough curbside orders and HEB didn't want to splurge on kevlar vests for the pickers. The store more than makes up for it with the families who bring all 8-12 of their kids along to shop for groceries. 

I dont know, it's obnoxious to me to play human frogger trying to grocery shop when it's the actual employees running around in everyone's way like elves on christmas eve, as if you are in their way.