Johnny Manziel released, barred from CFL

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

Because we really needed another Johnny Douchebag thread.

It's sort of the perfect thread title for the next phase of his life.  This should get us through the next several years of Manziel mishaps.  Mishaps seems a bit trivial for domestic violence, drug addiction, and the eventual headline that he died penniless in a hotel room 5 miles outside of Reno.  

Deadspin did a nice little encapsulation: https://deadspin.com/something-happened-with-johnny-manziel-and-theyre-not-s-1832939934

Manziel said last summer that we was required to see a therapist every week, attend mandatory doctor visits, and submit lithium tests each month. Before the CFL allowed Manziel’s first club, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, to sign him last June, they conducted an “assessment by an independent expert on domestic violence (the CFL has a formal policy on violence against women), a review by legal counsel, and an in-person discussion conducted by the Commissioner.”

The Alouettes said they were “disappointed” by the CFL’s decision, also noting, “We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.” He had two years left on his contract when he was cut.

All of which is to say that the circumstances around Manziel’s sudden release are quite mysterious. Neither the club nor the league will say what Manziel did, or even what he was not allowed to do when he signed. For his part, Manziel seems like he is now going to try to play in the United States, and he recently expressed interest in the Alliance of American Football. However, it would seem overly harsh to cut Manziel and ban him from the league simply for exploring other employment opportunities.

So JFF is one of only three people to ever be banned from the CFL. Lmao. One was actually Ray Rice (but he never played the CFL just said he could never play after the elevator incident). The other was Justin Cox who was banned after being arrested a third time for domestic violence. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thecomeback.com/international/johnny-manziel-cfl-journey-banned-from-league.html

Texagsubscriber said:
AAF bound?

I bet the AAF goes after him HARD

Lilly Biucci

AG

Bob Stoops has seen first hand how good Johnny can be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give JFF a chance on the Dallas XFL team. I'd certainly go to some of those games.

Also:
52b7278b-d23b-41bf-8569-f216c870c507.jpg
Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

Aggies all over Canada canceling hotel rooms and booking early flights home.  

That guy is gonna be sooo pissed. 

“Comeback SZN” (or however it’s spelled)  apparel is going to be all over sub Saharan Africa. 

Edited by Lhorn

13 hours ago, Bullneck said:
Texagsubscriber said:
AAF bound?

I bet the AAF goes after him HARD

Lilly Biucci

AG

Bob Stoops has seen first hand how good Johnny can be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him give JFF a chance on the Dallas XFL team. I'd certainly go to some of those games.

Also:
52b7278b-d23b-41bf-8569-f216c870c507.jpg

Good god, that poster's handle is lilly biucci. 

Image result for Well she sounds hideous

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

yeap, counts as a felony, therefore typically disqualifies one from entry w/o any exemptions

I thought their PM said everyone was welcome?

and if you want to go, why not just walk across somewhere other than a designated crossing?

Edited by Pato del Muerto