Small Inventions that changed your Life

Neonmoon

2 hours ago, UncleCharlie said:

Not an invention, but whoever made women shaving off the bush the in thing to do deserves some sort of great humanitarian award....

2 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Only for those with more than one partner. Those of us who don't ever have to worry about crabs just might prefer things to be a little more old fashioned. /different strokes

Why not both? 

3-great-funny-ESPN-college-gameday-signs

21 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Also rolling luggage. It's hard to believe we used to just lug our crap all over hell and back.

Fucking spot on. And not just the luggage with wheels, the any direction rollers that make any bag as light as a feather. 

On 3/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, TexasMan said:

I'll do you one better. This is a stud finder that uses a big magnet to find the nails and sheetrock screws that were used to keep them on the stud. They use them basically every foot on the stud. I use it all the time. Really good if you're hanging a TV or pictures. 

c-h-hanson-stud-finders-03040-64_1000.jp

I used the older-fashioned magnetic stud nail finder for decades. Every so often, I’d locate a nail that was off center, and I’d miss the stud entirely. The only way to combat that is to find the center line of three nails on the same stud. I haven’t missed once since I switched to the newer kind that senses the density of a stud.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, TexasMan said:

I'll do you one better. This is a stud finder that uses a big magnet to find the nails and sheetrock screws that were used to keep them on the stud. They use them basically every foot on the stud. I use it all the time. Really good if you're hanging a TV or pictures. 

c-h-hanson-stud-finders-03040-64_1000.jp

I used the older-fashioned magnetic stud nail finder for decades. Every so often, I’d locate a nail that was off center, and I’d miss the stud entirely. The only way to combat that is to find the center line of three nails on the same stud. I haven’t missed once since I switched to the newer kind that senses the density of a stud.

Old school magnetic, probably not as effective as your new school magnetic:

61Lpxcl-xzL._SL1027_.jpg

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

The simplest and coolest thing I have come across recently is this little clip that is made to hang over the closed tray of the seat in front of you on a plane.  It then has an L shaped base to hold your phone in place so you can watch it while traveling.  It is nothing more than a solid piece of plastic, yet it is genius.

22 hours ago, chikin23 said:
On 3/17/2019 at 8:50 PM, Not a cat said:
The bidet.  Not to start another meta thread but that's my answer and if you dont like it you can kiss my fresh dingelberry free ass.

Best $25 I've ever spent.

Surly knows. I hate being away from home and having to wipe like a gotdam philistine.

CHIEF

On 3/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Dutchrudder said:

f0bc708c23c6981367695f9a164349c9.gif

I barely used mouthwash before this invention because the small little cup would get lost, gross, spill everywhere, etc. 
This invention, while small and relatively meaningless, changed my life, 

Why do you need this?

Because they're scared as fuck to use it straight from the bottle into their mouth.

20 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I was curious as to what exactly this thing was so searched ze googles.  It appears this is a "water leveler" which I thought gravity and surface tension already had well under control.

I just thought it was a fancy automatic float similar to what I use for cattle tanks.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:49 AM, Wally Fairway said:

The thermos, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.

but how do it know?

aggy gets on a bus. Sits next to a coworker that makes the same daily commute. Coworker has a thermos. aggy goes, "What is that?"

Coworker responds "It's a thermos, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold."

aggy is in disbelief. "Wow! that's amazing. I've got to get me one of those."

Next day comes, aggy gets on the bus and sits next to coworker, thermos in hand.

Coworker notices, "oh hey, you got one. What have you got in there?"

aggy responds, "Two cups of coffee and a milkshake!"

Edited by ztejas
I'll see myself out
  • Like 2