2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So is Pressly going to be ready for Tuesday?  Does scar tissue breaking free cause soreness for a few days?  He looked ok moving around curing the clubhouse celebration.

He would have been unavailable today but he and Hinch think he’ll be ready by the WS

19 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Just read a couple pages of Yankees fan forum.  It seems that if the team from the Bronx would have just signed Verlander, Cole, and Grienke; none of this would have happened.

LOLz.  No shit.

I DO revel in their entitlement that they should own every great talent.  Therein lies the best flavor in this deliciousness that is the treat of the 2nd Astros WS berth in 3 years.  It's certainly not the best part of either season, but at this moment, beating the Yankees to get there is fantastic.

Link to Yankee tears?

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Link to Yankee tears?

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/forum.php

this one on Cashman brought the biggest LOLs.

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthread.php/139055-2019-Brain-Cashman-Performance-Thread

It's not all crying, with some posters giving kudos to Strommie and asking how much better Severino might be if he was with Houston.  There IS a good portion of their fans who post as if they should have any player they want.

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m still not sure why you pitch to Altuve with Jake on deck ?

hubris ?

Their strategy was pretty standard.  With the outfield playing so far back, we can't score from first on anything in the park, so Jose basically has to to homer to beat them.

But if you walk Jose, the winning run is at second and we can win on a high percentage of base hits.  

Too bad for them that Jose is the motherfucking man.

18 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Their strategy was pretty standard.  With the outfield playing so far back, we can't score from first on anything in the park, so Jose basically has to to homer to beat them.

But if you walk Jose, the winning run is at second and we can win on a high percentage of base hits.  

Too bad for them that Jose is the motherfucking man.

I get it. But I’d rather face Jake than a Jose with 2 outs and game on the line. 

was refreshing the game score from the stands last night.  just saw that brantley double play - holy shit.

managed to catch the end of the game, but was watching on my ipad streaming (letting the dogs out and shit) and the espn app popped down a news notification of the walkoff right when the slightly delayed feed was about to show Altuve getting that pitch, lol.

On 10/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, TexArcher said:

Are they chanting "Fuck Altuve"??

On 10/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, NowThis said:

were they chanting "F Altuve!" ?

On 10/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Was the chant “Fuck Altuve?”

On 10/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, Mo Horn said:

Yup

Yankee fan can suck a bag o’ dicks.  Serves them right.

27 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

With the outfield playing so far back, we can't score from first on anything in the park, so Jose basically has to to homer to beat them.

This assumes that Sanchez actually catches the ball.  No doubt in my mind if the ball hit off the wall, Windmill would send Springer and force that overrated shithead to make a defensive play at the plate. 

• Like 1

I wasn’t able to watch the game after the 5th inning or so - out of town and was with a bunch of people who didn’t care, other than my wife. 

I started listening to the radio feed on my phone through the MLB at Bat app during a dinner that was dragging forever (I didn’t give a shit about being that guy). Pretty much slammed down my phone after the LeMahieu homer, then started running around the restaurant screaming like an idiot after the walkoff. 

So glad I listened to the radio call rather than just seeing it on the app. Despite not being able to watch it, it was an awesome moment I’ll never forget. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Baseball is fantastic on the radio...

Yeah, I was a fucking nervous wreck at the top of the ninth with Osuna on the mound. My internet TV is behind everything so my buddies texts always let me know when shit happens before I see it. I was too goddamn knotted up to deal with those last three outs to close it out, so I sat in my car to listen to the call on the radio and am glad I did because that LeMahieu bomb was devastating. 

I did watch the bottom half on TV and woke the neighborhood running down the street screaming into the night sky. 

• Like 2

The Astros didn’t score a single run in the entire series when I was watching live and being a complete nervous wreck yesterday I sequestered  myself from the TV and listened to Ford and Starks.  Everything was fine until the Osuna incident and for some strange reason I wasn’t even that mad about it.

When we got out of the top of the ninth tied, I said fuck it this thing ends right here in the bottom of the ninth and turned on the TV.  Once Springer drew the walk I just knew we were going to some way some how end it.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not to mention only 3 hits from Yuli (two yesterday) and only 1 hit from the C position. 33% of the lineup contributed 5 hits or so in a six game series against the greatest team in the history of the world. And we still won. 

Yeah that was pretty bad. Felt like we had 3 or 4 automatic outs in the lineup. And still won. You can hold down the best offense in baseball for a bit but someone will break through 

49 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Not to mention only 3 hits from Yuli (two yesterday) and only 1 hit from the C position. 33% of the lineup contributed 5 hits or so in a six game series against the greatest team in the history of the world. And we still won. 

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah that was pretty bad. Felt like we had 3 or 4 automatic outs in the lineup. And still won. You can hold down the best offense in baseball for a bit but someone will break through 

That's the great thing about this team. They are so deep that one or two can slump and others will pick them up. Just getting them to go 3 up, 3 down in any inning is tough enough,  much less the entire game. Must be hell for opposing pitchers.