Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Warren would absolutely be great...but if the Ds barely win a senate majority and can't afford to lose a single senator... i'm sorry but the Senate is more important right out of the gate. that applies to any of them that might make a great cabinet member but will be replaced by an R in the Senate.

if they can spare one, or the governor of their state is D, or if they don't win anyway, go Elizabeth!

Edited by mchookem

Just now, mchookem said:

Warren would absolutely be great...but if the Ds barely win a senate majority and can't afford to lose a single senator... i'm sorry but the Senate is more important right out of the gate. that applies to any of them that might make a great cabinet member but will be replaced by an R in the Senate.

if they can spare one, or if they don't win anyway, go Elizabeth!

Reform the senate by changing the rules of majority power. Majority without 2/3 majority shouldn't mean shittttttttt

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

if they can spare one, or the governor of their state is D, or if they don't win anyway, go Elizabeth!

At risk of fucking something else up tonight, I'm going to go ahead and try here anyway.

The Massachusetts Dems have a supermajority in the state legislature, so they can make the governor (he's a moderate R) choose a D Senator if Warren leaves.  Someone check that.  My brain is broken.

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

How many times must this be debunked?  Her senate seat is safe. 

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1946739

An underhanded falsehood continues to circulate on Twitter. The misinformation being fed is this: The Democrats will lose Senator Warren’s Senate seat if she is selected for the 2020 ticket. 

The good news is that this fear is entirely unfounded.Even though the Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is a Republican, he has no power over the rules regarding filling vacancies; the super majority in the Legislature controls the rules on how, when, and who.  

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Reform the senate by changing the rules of majority power. Majority without 2/3 majority shouldn't mean shittttttttt

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

At risk of fucking something else up tonight, I'm going to go ahead and try here anyway.

The Massachusetts Dems have a supermajority in the state legislature, so they can make the governor (he's a moderate R) choose a D Senator if Warren leaves.  Someone check that.  My brain is broken.

cool, whatever it takes... y'all know what i was trying to say...

any D senator that can't/won't be replaced by a D needs to stay put for now. 

ETA: calm down Hugo 🙄 i don't know shit about Massachusetts politics, which is why i said any senator.

Edited by mchookem

8 minutes ago, mchookem said:

ETA: calm down Hugo 🙄 i don't know shit about Massachusetts politics, which is why i said any senator.

IMO make it not matter about D or R and let them split naturally. Dem needs to be able to split without being penalized by GOP for not having majority anymore. Self impose a death sentence on both parties in the senate unless they change.

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

IMO make it not matter about D or R and let them split naturally. Dem needs to be able to split without being penalized by GOP for not having majority anymore. Self impose a death sentence on both parties in the senate unless they change.

Term limits and age limits first, please. Accounting firms understand you’re a liability after 60 and can’t be trusted to be a partner, so why do we allow these same people to lead our country and represent the American people? 

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

No, Actually.  Hunter Biden isn't on the ticket and isn't expected to have any place in a Biden / Harris administration.  Thats why its funny.

Wilbur Ross on the other hand was appointed by Trump and serves in his administration.

This isn't difficult.

apparently it is for some people

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No, Actually.  Hunter Biden isn't on the ticket and isn't expected to have any place in a Biden / Harris administration.  Thats why its funny.

Wilbur Ross on the other hand was appointed by Trump and serves in his administration.

This isn't difficult.

He doesn’t just serve in the administration. He’s a member of the Cabinet

30 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

finally a neutral party without an agenda comes along to shed some light on this nagging mystery.

sidenote - if the documents reappeared, did tucker talk about them tonight?  they know the election is in 5 days, right?  and has already kinda started?  did they put tom herman in charge of time management?

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

finally a neutral party without an agenda comes along to shed some light on this nagging mystery.

sidenote - if the documents reappeared, did tucker talk about them tonight?  they know the election is in 5 days, right?  and has already kinda started?  did they put tom herman in charge of time management?

I thought it was noteworthy that he was interviewed last week by the FBI. I haven’t posted any of the crazy stuff being discussed out there. Tried to stay with things that seem legitimate. 

As far as time management goes, I think they did sit on it too long. I think they underestimated the will of the mainstream media to totally blackout the story. Smartly, the media and DNC decided to sit on it and try to run out the clock. 

In that vein, here’s a relevant tweet. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

My usual skeptical self when I see Sinclair is to remember that their political analyst is Boris Epshteyn of the Trump Campaign (2016) and the WH Press Secretary's Office (resigned before moving over to Sinclair) and that he is friends with Eric (from Georgetown). I try not to let that influence my view of their reporting. All agencies are biased to some degree. That they have now extended their tentacles through stations to over 72% of American households and are actively working with the WH to increase that share is troubling, especially given that the owners keep such a low scrubbed profile that it is hard to know the background of the stations as part of Sinclair Media Group (as the Guardian has said, Fox lets you know loud and clear they are Fox). So if they report that the FBI has met with Tony Bobulinski then I'm going with that much is true and that's all until the next round of Fishstick Papers are brought forth.

I have to say, this is getting tiresome, though. They are getting worse than the A&M/LSU offsides game which, thanks to people I know is apparently the most fascinating thing in the universe.

16 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I thought it was noteworthy that he was interviewed last week by the FBI. I haven’t posted any of the crazy stuff being discussed out there. Tried to stay with things that seem legitimate. 

As far as time management goes, I think they did sit on it too long. I think they underestimated the will of the mainstream media to totally blackout the story. Smartly, the media and DNC decided to sit on it and try to run out the clock. 

What exactly is the story?

23 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

According to who?  The same sources that reported the FBI raid on Jacob Wohl's/Burkman's house?

39 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

How do we know he was questioned by the FBI? And how do we know what he was supposedly questioned about? 

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

Joe Kennedy will likely get her seat. Running against Markey was kinda silly since he just had to bide his time to get Warren’s seat. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I’m pretty sure he was interviewed by the FBI for the opposite reason you are hoping he was.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

According to who?  The same sources that reported the FBI raid on Jacob Wohl's/Burkman's house?

38 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How do we know he was questioned by the FBI? And how do we know what he was supposedly questioned about? 

you think a guy like this making these kind of accusations wouldn’t end up in front of law enforcement?

We can only go off his word. This guy that is doing multiple interviews on multiple outlets. 

I find him more credible than the countless anonymous sources that were the source of gotcha stories for the last 3+ years. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

tucker carlson's viewers

Laser GIF on GIFER - by Cordalas

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden