2019 NIT Champions!

Vic Mackey

19 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

The mighty Lipscomb dynasty has finally come to an end.

I'm happy we won something. Mostly happy we kept TCU from winning anything. And I'm sad that Shaka got retained after this shitty season for this consolation prize. It's like two consolation prizes.

Shaka's not getting retained because he won the fucking NIT.

That said, really happy for the team and a Special Olympics gold medal is a hell of a lot better than a participation certificate. Success is supposed to breed success so lets just hope it carries over.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That said, really happy for the team and a Special Olympics gold medal is a hell of a lot better than a participation certificate. Success is supposed to breed success so lets just hope it carries over.

Bullshit. When is the parade?

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He’ll be here for at least the next two years. 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Huh. Didn’t see that one... bought a much uglier one for my buddy as a joke and got a burnt orange one for myself so we could never be seen wearing the same fuggo shirt. Hooray team?

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well if you’re going to be in the JV tournament, you might as well win the whole fucking thing. Hopefully they can carry some momentum into next year. I want to care about this team. I really do. I miss caring about college basketball 

Now, how many teams end the season with a “W”?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA won the '85 NIT championship.  They hung a banner for I think one season next to the (then) 10 NC banners.  People demanded it come down, so it did.

This would be like the Patriots a decade or so from now hanging up a banner for winning the AFC East next to their 6 Super Bowl banners.

26 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This would be like the Patriots a decade or so from now hanging up a banner for winning the AFC East next to their 6 Super Bowl banners.

That's what it looked like.  My gparents had season tickets while I was still in HS and I went.  It looked comical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

Going to be a long day at the office. Should have scheduled PTO, rookie mistake. I was up to 9 maybe 9:30pm celebrating.

Like I always say, the day after the NIT championship should be a National Holiday.

I had an extra beer last night.  4 beers man, I'm beat today.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

We won the Carabao Cup of basketball tournaments. Can't wait for the parade. 

Not gonna lie, I had to Google it. And after perusing the Wiki page, I have come to the conclusion that we ought to go with one of the previous sponsors of the EFL championship -- we should proudly raise our 2019 Milk Marketing Board NIT Championship banner.

• Like 2

Any Championship you win on a Thursday night HAS to suck.   There is no putting lipstick on this fucking pig.  None.
I mean we won the 2005 national championship on a Wednesday...

We played Bama in 2009 on a Thursday.

College baseball championships are middle of the week, too.