For Sale - Whataburger, update sold!

Tailgate

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I remember listening to an interview with a Whataburger corporate rep a year years back and he said they lost money on the ketchup. My guess is that'll be the first thing to get phased out. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He was talking about at Whataburger locations. I think the packaging will different. Ketchup packets. 

they give the ketchup away for free.  they don’t get money for the ketchup.  if I go to the counter and ask for more ketchup, no money changes hands.  

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I don't know what Whataburger you were going to, but not the case at all in the six or seven I frequent.

the patties are smaller than they used to be.  fact. 

I'll wait til they use cheaper produce, charge for everything that once was a small gift to their loyal customers...when they lose that personal touch. Then I will make those responsible... I will make them wish they they never. Even after I'm locked up, I will find a way to torment them. Until then, everyone chill.

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Watt-a-burger?

J.J. Watt rallies Texans to buy Whataburger back from Chicago bank

J.J. Watt rallies Texans to buy Whataburger back from Chicago bank

Ad Duration00:05 - More Info
Play
PlayCurrent time00:00Seek
00:00

Duration00:30Toggle MuteVolume
Settings
Toggle Fullscreen
EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS 

The Texans star even has a few ideas for how to manage Whataburger's menu after returning the chain to Texas' hands.

Updated 3 hours ago
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- After Texas lost two storied businesses to outsiders in one week, J.J. Wattsays enough is enough.

On Thursday, Schlitterbahn announced it was selling off its Galveston and New Braunfels water parks to Ohio-based Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.

About 24 hours later, news of family-owned Whataburger's sale to a Chicago bank stunned many, including the Texans defensive end.

As Whataburger and BDT Capital announced the sale Friday, which brings the Texas fast food giant into a portfolio which includes minority investments in Einstein Bros. Bagels and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Watt propositioned Texans with an investment idea of his own.

"Ok, I say we all chip in and buy Whataburger back," Watt tweeted.

wtf does that yankee know about whataburger?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

First sign will be them taking away signature spicey ketchup tubs. First they will have smaller packets instead Then they will just have one type of ketchup 

Changes will be small and incremental. 

First they came for the spicy ketchup, but I did not speak out, for I did not like spicy ketchup.

Then they came for the ketchup tubs, but I did not speak out, for I was accustomed to packets.

Then they replaced the house brand with Hunts, and I switched to In N' Out.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, Whataburger had already declined some before any takeover.  The patties have been smaller for awhile, half the time when I lift the bun it almost looks like Where's the beef? and some locations are skimpy with toppings.  At least the taste was still there, for now.

I don’t know about the size of the patties, but the somewhat consistently cold and soggy fries caked in salt always perplexed me.

1560622213269072.gif

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

If any of you fucks who want whataburger in your northern state get your wish it will be like a twilight zone episode. You'll get Whataburger but it'll be so shitty and corporate that it'll be a garbage version of Whataburger and you'll never want to eat it. 

QFT. 

The last few years we’ve got a DQ and Sonic in the Capital Region here in NY, both aren’t near as good as we remember them being back in Texas.  There is another DQ about an hour or so away that’s in a small town/village that’s pretty good, the local Ednas &  Luettas do a good job.  

QFT. 
The last few years we’ve got a DQ and Sonic in the Capital Region here in NY, both aren’t near as good as we remember them being back in Texas.  There is another DQ about an hour or so away that’s in a small town/village that’s pretty good, the local Ednas &  Luettas do a good job.  

There’s DQ and then Texas DQ. They’re basically two different chains with completely different menus.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 6th Street said:

We have Portillo's and Shake Shack in Chicago - Whataburger would do very well here. They should start with a prime location in River North targeted at tourists then expand out into the suburbs like Naperville or Schaumburg. 

I can only hope Marky Mark’s burger joint flops, they have a pretty prime location.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:53 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

six months later... 

private equity firm is closing 1000 Whataburger locations and consolidating operations.

stock prices are up 12%.

oh, and fuck Fozzz...

One day you will look back on that magnificent specimen that only lacked yellow cheese and you will shed a fucking tear for what could have been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

I can only hope Marky Mark’s burger joint flops, they have a pretty prime location.

Yeah haven't been yet, but I think it will do fine. Reviews are positive - need to hit it up soon. 

https://chicago.eater.com/2019/4/24/18514190/wahlburgers-chicago-river-north-restaurant-open-photos-images-burgers-line

10 hours ago, Asithappens said:

I hope I'm wrong, but this is the end of Whataburger (as we know it).

Fucking Chicago.

The boy is on a study abroad in Germany, he just read the news a couple of hours ago. I got these texts:

”WHO THE FUCK BOUGHT WATABURGER”

I told him who.  He replied in rather Texan fashion...

“Y’all wanna find out what the second amendments really there for? I’m going to tear the entire state of illinois apart if they lay a finger on the menu”

19 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Chicago investment group will make Whataburger better. It had been going downhill due to lack of investment.

When was the last time corporate ownership made a previously family owned business better?  They are going to slash costs and franchise the fuck out of it.  Things will not improve.   It will  become a slightly better version than Burger King or Wendy's.