2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

Got 1.25 inches in Manchaca yesterday in about 2 hours.  Heard about 4 thunderclaps.  Unfortunately one of them was across the street and blew the fuse on my transformer so power was out for about an hour.  Full credit to PEC for getting there quickly and fixing it.  Alas, my Uverse modem was fried so I'm without internet or TV until the new box arrives tomorrow.

Also scared the living shit out of my wife, kids, and dogs.  Startled me a bit too.

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

Gonna have to break down and mow my yard in the mud I guess, compaction be damned.

My lawn crew took care of that for me yesterday.  I have no idea whether or not they suffered from this "compaction" but if they had any problems, I assume my butler compensated them appropriately.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:45 PM, mchookem said:

phd, requesting some advice...we have a Port A trip planned next weekend,  9/20... it looks like that entire area may be drowned by this time next week... am i interpreting that right??

Sorry, I've been completely occupied in house fixin' up stuff in D.C., haven't had much time to do weather shit except talk about that thar hurry-cane.

I don't think P.A. is going to be so bad.  Today/tomorrow, you'll know.

That invest that worried so many people didn't even really close circulation, so it's not going to be a tropical storm type thing.  I think it's moved onto land anyway now.  Doesn't mean of course it'll be no big deal but if it keeps moving, might be pretty doable next week.|

The system is supposed to run off to the NW and get into Big Bend/Mexico territory.  The only worries are today/tomorrow.

I'd probably go if I were in your shoes, but at least you'll know by Sunday if it's a bad deal.  I doubt it.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 5:10 PM, mchookem said:

yeah, we already rescheduled :(

You would have been fine. We flooded pretty bad last night but it’s already receded and the disturbance is moving out of the area. Sad thing is that some of the places that were damaged in Harvey flooded again. 

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 1