2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

So what does that mean exactly for saturday?  The only person with more control over my wardrobe choices on weekends than my wife, is phdHorn.

Were you at the Missouri game in 1996?  Dress for that.

(except it's never going to rain in Austin again)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I was there.  I don't think I've ever seen a wall of rain come through the stadium like that.  I didn't now how long the delay was going to last and my buzz was wearing off, so I watched the rest of the game when it resumed from Double Dave's. 

51 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The fun starts at about 1:37.  You could see the shit coming in from the north way before that, including some heavy lightning.  But that wasn't going to stop play in '96.

(As an added bonus we are actually wearing burnt orange in this.)

• Like 3

On 9/3/2018 at 1:50 PM, Dewey said:

Live in Galveston, calling around, see anyone will lend.me there water pump.

25d9a8fcc301a92b13607cefaf0d0573.jpg

I know this isn't great news that helps right now.. but if you are near harborside/downtown they are going to fix that shit in the future. Ring Levee is coming.

http://coastalstudy.texas.gov/alternatives/index.html

d2.png

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

I was there.  I don't think I've ever seen a wall of rain come through the stadium like that.  I didn't now how long the delay was going to last and my buzz was wearing off, so I watched the rest of the game when it resumed from Double Dave's. 

That was the most epic thing to see it cross the field like that.  Section 2 and we just watched it until we were soaked... first from whiskey and then with rain.

6 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

The fun starts at about 1:37.  You could see the shit coming in from the north way before that, including some heavy lightning.  But that wasn't going to stop play in '96.

At 1:04 in, talking about James Brown :  "The number speak for themselves. 13 wins, 2 losses and 1 tie. That's how you evaluate a quarterback; how many games does his team win."   It was true then, it 's true today.

6 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

one of the best memories of my freshman year. i was there.

rain like some kind of shit man. i watch this every now and then to remember. 

22 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

My annual "I was there" roll call.

Man, seeing the track, Reebok, Ricky, JB, Phil Dawson... Seems like 100 years ago.

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

My annual "I was there" roll call.

Man, seeing the track, Reebok, Ricky, JB, Phil Dawson... Seems like 100 years ago.

I'd give just about anything to have that rushing attack from 100 years ago.  Well, anything except Vince Young's years.  And half of Colt's.

Last week in the LT watershed.... nice. Sadly what we need is another 7+ inches next week too. Lake levels haven’t budged an inch hardly from all of this. Fingers crossed last night will add some though.

9a53d232e02fd29f29284aa271530e05.png

Doesn’t help that LCRA is continuing to release water at a rate greater than combined inflows. Fuck the LCRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1