2018 Rain Thread

Hollywood

I can't find the hurricane thread, but @phdhorn, got any thoughts on typhoon jebi? I'm in tokyo and supposed to leave for home Wednesday morning. Already got an email from AA saying that shit just MAY be fucked but this shit is hitting near Osaka. But it may crawl up the coast, I read. 

Of course our Japanese business partners insist on meeting clients tomorrow business as usual 70 minutes away from our hotel. I'm not sure if I prefer that to mass hysteria when it's going to be 30 degrees in austin. Maybe somewhere in between would be reasonable. One customer prospect from Osaka already canceled anticipating the shinkansen closing. I can't seem to find any decent western analysis on the Google's. TIA

Edited by hayden_horn

On 8/15/2018 at 8:56 PM, Bevo said:

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just got back from Galveston. Almost didnt make it out. Almost every road not named Seawall flooded. Lots of cars trapped. Looks like Harvey part 2 down there. Strand completely flooded.

insane amount of rain over the past 14-15 hours down there. Just a guess but at least a foot of rain today

My parents came in from Crystal Beach this morning and said High Island got about 5 inches in a couple of hours. Water is over 87 in some parts. Pic below is from KBMT and I saw a video this morning of a bunch of flooded streets in Port Arthur. I really hope everyone who was able to rebuild after Harvey got flood insurance.

40760177_10155556501776604_8339201586739

I always lol when people in central texas talk/complain about the rain as if they gettin any

”Went outside for 2 min, and my shirt got soaked!!! Man its crazy out here”

Whatever dude. Ain’t no one in Texas immune from gullywashers and deadly flooding.
  • Like 2

I'm in DC and will be up here for at least two and a half more weeks. Looks like y'all got some rain!

My wife said it rained an inch and a half in Bee Cave over my house, we're always rains. Haven't been able to pay much attention to Austin weather.

By the way, DC's had its second wettest summer ever so far, guess you all saw that in the shitshow last weekend. I was there. Biggest fucking waste of money since the time I really thought paying a stripper $20 for a lap dance would make her like me or something.

Edited by phdhorn

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

I'm in DC and will be up here for at least two and a half more weeks. Looks like y'all got some rain!

My wife said it rained an inch and a half in Bee Cave over my house, we're always rains. Haven't been able to pay much attention to Austin weather.

By the way, DC's had its second wettest summer ever so far, guess you all saw that in the shitshow last weekend. I was there. Biggest fucking waste of money since the time I really thought paying a stripper $20 for a lap dance would make her like me or something.

Wow! What a coincidence.

• Like 1

That's not what your wife meant when she said she got an inch and a half at the house.

24 minutes ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Read more  

That's not what your wife meant when she said she got an inch and a half at the house.

I thought phd was in DC?

45 minutes ago, Modessit said:
7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Well, if she's doing a Hervé Villechaize type, I hope he's rich.  Daddy needs new wheels.

It rained up here again - today.  Over my house in College Park.

8 hours ago, Hate said:

The next week looks to be very wet....like your mom.

a3af1d6d215c6f91a40f40952d2a9bc1.gif

It'll  be entertaining watching the FF slowly but surely push all this further west, or east, or both, while splitting it like firewood, all to ensure that Austin gets nothing and likes it.

Walked from my office to the Hilton Hotel this morning.  My route took me through the usual homeless corridors of central downtown Austin.  Was a homeless guy in one of the front door threshold areas of a bar.  He sees me walking up and gets ready to standup to ask me for money, and he just mumbles, "Ah man, too fucking muggy to move" and just lays back down.  this was at 9:00a.  And we were on the shaded side of the street.  At least my lawn looks better than most 'cause of my aerating schedule.  

Tulsa gonna be all kindsa wet.  We obviously know how our team performs on wet fields lately...