Booger McFarland May Be...

Wally Pryor

Not the worst announcer ever, but yeah, I agree with you on that play.  When he said it, I was thinking about the OL not having the luxury of knowing if his QB was in the clear or not.  He could have shielded or set a basketball pick without driving through the man.  I get the rule protecting against headhunting, but that was hardly an egregious hit.

I thought the Ol made a football play that happens to now be illegal.  It wasn't cheap or dirty. or selfish.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

He was alright.  He did say something incredibly dumb about running a draw on third down and spiking it lol.

IDIOT...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Wait until they add Written back to the broadcast when he retires again. Great tight end, horrible announcer.

No way they add that spare back. He made Booger look competent. He came back to Dallas because he knew he was not going to last much longer in the booth. For as bad as Booger is, Witten was much worse. That had to be the worst booth lineup of all time of any sport.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

He's an unbridled idiot.   He may be a nice guy but his idiocy behind the mic knows no boundaries.

He talks before he thinks.  He starts talking and then he realizes that he doesn't know what he's going to say.  That's a bad habit for someone who's paid to talk .  

The maddening part is how does ESPN not know better after the disaster that was Jason Witten (and about a dozen other jocks that they've prematurely stuck in front of a camera or microphone)? They're so fucking petrified of filling these positions with relative no-names who, you know, do this for a living.

There was a first and 25 where he said something like "need to hand off here to get some yards". No you fucking idiot you need to get 8-10 yards three plays in a row.

Tessatore isn't too much better. Gets so excited about routine plays. "FINDS THE GAP, LOOK AT THAT RUN. Gain of 2 yards"

Booger also gets in the habit of repeating Tessatore whenever he has nothing to say

Tess: "Run to the outside"

Boog: "See, this is a run to the outside"

replay shows play again

Boog: "Run to the outside"

12 minutes ago, SDG said:

Dumb ? Amnesty, but why do people care so much about the commentators? 

I'm usually with you. People complain about guys like Herbstreit, Aikman, etc., and I barely notice them.

But the commentators who don't let the game breath and are so terrified of dead air that they'll repeat nothing platitudes or dumbass phrases ad nauseum irk me. This is usually accompanied by a complete lack of volume control. Basically the Chris Webber school of broadcasting.

Edited by aggie08

7 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I forgot who had the ball, I think buffalo

2nd down had just ended, so it was 3rd-medium/long

Booger: Joe Id run a draw here, and then get up and spike it.

so itd be likely a turnover on down

That’s the one that got me. Moron. 

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm usually with you. People complain about guys like Herbstreit, Aikman, etc., and I barely notice them.

But the commentators who don't let the game breath and so terrified of dead air that they'll repeat nothing platitudes or dumbass phrases ad nauseum irk me. This is usually accompanied by a complete lack of volume control. Basically the Chris Webber school of broadcasting.

I listen to them all but have no idea who is who; I’m too into the actual game to care.  

After watching him on Monday night football the past year, I assume he is straight up lying when he tells anecdotes to fill any dead air. The comments are absurd, stupid, usually unrelated to the play, and besides those things how would Booger know these factoids about half the players in the NFL. 

“See JJ Watt made the tackle for a loss there. That’s what we in the business prefer over a no gain because then they need more yards! It’s called good strategy and coaching! Did you know that JJ likes to make tackles for loss because he had a cat that ate mustard as a child?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1