CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The difference between listening to a capable person like Birx clearly articulate her thoughts and a pudding-brained buffoon like Trump ramble on nonsensically.....its like they arent even the same species. 

she was kinda fumbling around today as well i thought. 

birx talks about how other countries are finally getting their shit together and flattening the curve, but we haven't done that yet.  but we can, if we take certain measures.

then trump comes on to explain how his bans have saved the day.

i think he might've skipped rehearsal.

Lol.  This guy is a giant POS.  No other way to put it.  ‘But Biden is old and forgetful!!!‘

Anyone asking their ring to be kissed before deciding on Trump vs Biden is a POS.  Don’t even waste your time.  Just a ‘fuck you’ and move on...

Who would I even be talking about?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yes, I know.  We must outsource everything because we are unwilling to pay above slave labor rates to stare at flat screens and satiate our consumption desires. 

The untold story of capitalism.  A rising tide strands all the fucking boats where the tide isn’t rising, because water isn’t infinite.  Well global warming might rise all boats a little. 

8 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The cancer will get him if anything's fair.

His last mumbled words on earth as he fades to black will likely be something along the lines of  "I'm...... number one on facebook.....numero uno. Hillary was neverrrrrrrr......." Flatline.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

The untold story of capitalism.  A rising tide strands all the fucking boats where the tide isn’t rising, because water isn’t infinite.  Well global warming might rise all boats a little. 

The ills of our society cannot be solely assigned to an economic system. The rot has been set for a while.  Toodles. 

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Omg, I made dinner, sat down and ate, took care of a couple of emails, and they're still going. 

this is the modern equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns. this admin is sunk. everyone but them seems to know it

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The ills of our society cannot be solely assigned to an economic system. The rot has been set for a while.  Toodles. 

Certainly, but the shortcomings brought about by the rhetoric of greed and self-centered governance can be put on display, front and center, and maybe corrected a slight amount.

• Like 2

He's right that we are overly dependent on foreign countries in the case of a pandemic crisis. 

And that is drawn into sharp relief when you realize that we can’t depend on our own country at all. We’re on our own - you and me, the cities and states - it’s every man for himself, by and large.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's the stockpile for the United States not the States. Wait, yeah this doesn't make sense.

ABC had a story about California receiving 300 ventilators from the national stockpile this evening. When they arrived, they didn't work.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And that is drawn into sharp relief when you realize that we can’t depend on our own country at all. We’re on our own - you and me, the cities and states - it’s every man for himself, by and large.

Since some of you guys just love the forced choice dichotomy of our political system, I'll play. If the choice is between Xi and Abbott, I am good with the latter. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

So what was the story about Iran?  I've been trying to do actual work and don't have time to watch dotard.

A reporter asked if he would consider lifting sanctions on medical supplies and he went on a typical tangent that made no sense.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

So what was the story about Iran?  I've been trying to do actual work and don't have time to watch dotard.

"Will you be relaxing sanctions on Iran as they are hard hit by the virus"

"They haven't asked me"

"The people are more impacted than maybe the government might be, do you have anything to say about them?"

"Iranians love America, they can call me up and ask"

1 minute ago, RPM said:

A reporter asked if he would consider lifting sanctions on medical supplies and he went on a typical tangent that made no sense.

Who cares about sanctions on medical supplies. We should not be sending medical supplies to other countries right now, sanctions or not. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

"Will you be relaxing sanctions on Iran as they are hard hit by the virus"

"They haven't asked me"

"The people are more impacted than maybe the government might be, do you have anything to say about them?"

"Iranians love America, they can call me up and ask"

then the reporter said something like, “how would a citizen in teheran pick up the phone and call you?”  his answer was...something. 

ABC had a story about California receiving 300 ventilators from the national stockpile this evening. When they arrived, they didn't work.

Did California specifically request that they send working units? Well there you go. Fault - California.
  • Like 8

“This is not the first time this president has looked schizophrenic, because there’s a long history of him vacillating between incompatible messaging and policy directives,” said a former senior administration official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to offer a candid assessment. “This is no outlier. This is a result of a more ad hoc approach to governing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/commander-of-confusion-trump-sows-uncertainty-and-seeks-to-cast-blame-in-coronavirus-crisis/2020/04/02/fc2db084-7431-11ea-85cb-8670579b863d_story.html

I am coming to the same conclusion as many - you cannot look to the federal government for guidance and leadership. You can't count on your governors, mayors, or local leaders. 

We have to depend on us.

It is time to start wearing masks (homemade, surgical, bandana) and gloves, now. 

google homemade masks. Do it for us, for those working in hospitals and grocery stores, and for all those keeping necessary items flowing - not politicians.

If we lose our frontline, we are done.  Protect them by protecting us.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No but they can be assigned to a system designed and successfully implemented by Republicans. A system with its overriding philosophy of every man for himself. A system that’s been in ascent for 40 years. A system that believes that greed, is good. A group which you at a minimum implicitly support, at least with your contrarian rhetoric on this board.  While dems are not perfect, at least its not the wholesale full throated advocacy of what got us to this point. 

Got any solutions to propose professor? 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Just a PSA. ESPN is replaying the greatest college game in history right now. Vince Young's UT vs USC.

Hook Em Horns!

I'm watching the Texas OU game from 1992.  Gardere is QB.  Ron Franklin on the call.  (Edit: on LHN)

Some guy named Anthony Barnes with a nice carry.  Some coaches think he will be as good as Tony Dorsett (Barnes wears 33 in his honor).  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 2