Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

I’m not exactly a super high information voter, but the first time I ever heard of MJ Hegar was when I saw her name on the ballot in the voting booth. Her chances are not great, me thinks. 

Everyone knew who Beto was. That’s why he was able to keep it close. 

• 2 weeks later...
Will be curious to see how many people vote for Biden AND Cronyn. 

My mother is one. Asked her why and she Basically said it was  due to MJs commercials.  Apparently they rub her the wrong way.   

Ugh.  At least she voted Biden

edit:  what strange is that she voted for Beto and loved Obama. So it’s not like she is some republican never trumper. 

This was always the expectation. 11,255,671 votes for President and 11,081,312 for Senate so the gap is only about 175k. If we assume all of Hegar’s 4.85mm voted for Biden (obviously not literally true but safe enough for approximation) that’s about 360k extra votes to get to Biden’s 5.21mm. To be conservative let’s say that all of the 175k that didn’t bother to go down ballot went for Biden (also not true but leads to conservative estimate) and you end up with at least 185,000 Biden-Cronyn voters. Could be higher. In 2018 Abbott ran about 400k votes ahead of Cruz in races with nearly identical numbers of votes cast. So this bloc isn’t swinging election results yet but it isn’t exactly a herd of unicorns.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's my understanding that confirmation by the Senate isn't really necessary.  Just put "acting" in front of the position and glitch is fixed. 

This seriously may be the only way to do anything going forward.  Rs have broken our system of government, so fuck em right in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This seriously may be the only way to do anything going forward.  Rs have broken our system of government, so fuck em right in the ass.

Not that we should believe them, but there have been 3 Rs who have said Yellen is acceptable to them - Cornyn, Grassley and Toomey. 

On 11/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, Neonmoon said:

The amount of unfettered bullshit spewing out of this crooked fuck is exceptional 

The hypocrisy is going to be turned up to 15 (it's already at 11) and 70 million people will fall for it and vote for them again in 2022 and 2024.  I don't see how we stop it.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, Neonmoon said:

The amount of unfettered bullshit spewing out of this crooked fuck is exceptional 

You don't have to support shit, your orange Jesus paved the way for unfettered unlimited appointments.  So go sit in the corner you assclown.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/09/813577462/how-trump-has-filled-high-level-jobs-without-senate-confirmation

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The hypocrisy is going to be turned up to 15 (it's already at 11) and 70 million people will fall for it and vote for them again in 2022 and 2024.  I don't see how we stop it.

Old age and natural causes are going to stop a lot of them from voting in '22 and '24.

On 12/1/2020 at 7:28 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep. Good reply from Frum regarding Cornyns speech. They will ignore everything they did or didn’t do under trump. It never happened  

They've been taking concern troll lessons. It will work because trolls never go away. They may hide under a bridge when things get tough, but the Democrats didn't learn from the three billy goats gruff.

• 3 weeks later...

He's all hat and no cattle.  Always has been.  Reminds me so much of that picture of him on a horse in a parade.  That Buckaroo Cowboy fringy thing he wears along with his white hat.   

The idea that this is what Texans think of when they think brisket is about as far off as what he thinks they think a texan looks like in their eyes, drugstore cowboy.

Damn wish I could find that pic again.