Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results: 1/6/21

Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, Tigersnake said:

Fuck yeah, that mucilaginous pussy ass lizard person. Most punchable face in the universe. Take donations to the Treasury for the right to punch this face, we'd solve our national debt problem in one week.

ted cruz hug GIF by Fusion

Gross.  That glance right at the camera in the end.  It's fucking chilling.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

He guzzles something, but it ain't Pepto. 

Could it be.........SEMEN!?! (NTTAWWT)

church lady snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Tigersnake
cis heteronormative insensitivity plus toxic masculinity. I'm trying, bitch--shit did it again.

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Guess who doesn't like Cornyn now.

It's up to like 24 Republican Senators who have said they are certifying the EVs for Biden as the winner.  The Dems only needed a handful.

And you can bet those public statements by those Republicans were coordinated through Mitch's office.

Fuck yeah, that mucilaginous pussy ass lizard person. Most punchable face in the universe. Take donations to the Treasury for the right to punch this face, we'd solve our national debt problem in one week.
200.gif

Yuck. He and Biden should hang out.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Regarding both below, put on your Brisket hat and assume Mitch says “well fuck it” and throws the whole weight of the party behind today’s coup. 

For some reason, I messed up the requoting part of your post, SydneyCarton but since the end of your sentence encapsulates the discussion, let's entertain that idea: that Mitch goes that route. It's always been a possibility, one that many of us have been concerned about for some time, myself included. I'm still concerned about it, but one thing that the people who run the corporations don't like is the massive instability this would cause and the fear that in the picking of the winners and losers during the coup and oligarchical state is that 'their' company would be left out, a 'loser' essentially. Mitch sold out a long time ago, he's at the terminus of a long career in politics, and I'm not sure that's how he wants to go out.

Don't get me wrong, I still have one foot on the ledge; I don't ever dismiss @Brisketexan thoughts regarding the danger our country has been in and will continue to be and have supported those thoughts since the beginning; but as disappointing it has been in the days since the election to watch the propaganda, the sedition, the outright betrayal of our system of governance, I do see a glimmer of hope that more people are realizing how invested they need to be in their civic duty. Thank you Stacey Abrams for that, you've energized and enthused Americans to make a difference, so I hope your hard work keeps its momentum and others step in to lend a hand.

That hope and enthusiasm is important: look to overseas to others that are using  our democratic principles to enact change of their own: Poland--where protests against abortion restrictions have wrought a say in women's healthcare and Belarus, where the fight continues against an oppressive regime. Don't ever give up hope.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Stray comma but no apostrophes
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

This is all so stupid, but on brand for trumpism.

This day in the process of electing a president was rarely mentioned unless it was a slow news day, but we get wall to wall coverage of stupidity today. Yay us.

Well at least it's going to be hilarious now. Probably.

Kilmeade is discussing Jordan receiving the Medal of Freedom, saying Democrats should be impressed with what Jordan brings to the table. Ummm, sedition and a lot of baggage from his coaching days?

How many days before he starts wearing coach's shorts and turf shoes? When I was little, I had an elementary PE teacher who wore those. They were out of style then so it's perfect for Jim.

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He knows a little, but this is his mob boss mentality showing through, that he can make what he wants to happen by simply saying it.

Speaking of...

My concern is what happens when he riles them up and then sends them marching off down Constitution Ave towards the Capitol to Stop the Steal!

Because I think there's a greater than zero chance that is what happens.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

My concern is what happens when he riles them up and then sends them marching off down Constitution Ave towards the Capitol to Stop the Steal!

Because I think there's a greater than zero chance that is what happens.

trumpkins, like trump, are cowards.  they'll "march" until they get to the line of riot cops, then piss their panties

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

While everyone in DC is getting their coffee, paperwork, whiteboards, and soundbites prepped here's an article:

Let me help everyone

ATT

Comcast 

UPS 

Deloitte

PwC

Ernst & Young

United Health Group

Delta

KPMG

Walmart

Pfizer

Google

Amazon

Lowes

Microsoft

Bank of America

Capital One

Wells Fargo

AnheuserBusch

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

While everyone in DC is getting their coffee, paperwork, whiteboards, and soundbites prepped here's an article:

Thanks for sharing that. The responses from the companies made me laugh.....We uh put out a statement saying election results can't be overturned. No comment on future donations, thank you, nothing further 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Let me help everyone

ATT - my cell provider

Comcast - never interact

UPS - occasional use

Deloitte - business partner

PwC - business partner

Ernst & Young - business partner (3 calls w/ them this week)

United Health Group - no interaction

Delta - never fly

KPMG - business partner

Walmart - never go

Pfizer - customer

Google - use often

Amazon - Prime customer

Lowes - rarely go

Microsoft - all in my shit

Bank of America - not a customer

Capital One - have a cc

Wells Fargo - not a customer

AnheuserBusch - shit beer, don't drink

So I posted any relationships/use I have of those companies.  Depressing.  Of course, I'm sure they also gave to Dem congress folks as well.  But, still. 

7 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So I posted any relationships/use I have of those companies.  Depressing.  Of course, I'm sure they also gave to Dem congress folks as well.  But, still. 

Anheuser Busch owns a lot of craft breweries now, including Kona, Redhook, Karbach, Goose Island, etc. Sometimes its hard to know if you're drinking their beer or not. 

• blacklab changed the title to Riot at the Capital
  • immamac changed the title to Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results: 1/6/21
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked and pinned this topic
  • immamac locked and unpinned this topic