Matthew McConaughey Truly Considering Run for Governor

Horn Under a Bad Sign

God you’re so gross and stupid.

The ignorance and misogyny needed to accuse women of voting with their vaginas when this very board is lousy with dudes proclaiming which female politicians get their ducks hard is mind blowing.

Technically, wouldn’t that just mean those guys are assuming women do the same thing as them? If I say “As a Texan, I hate people from Oklahoma. Also, random-fellow-Texan hates Oklahomans.” There’s nothing degrading in that statement. If in fact it is untrue (which I don’t believe to be the case), then I’m just incorrect in my beliefs, I’m not whatever the state-ist equivalent of misogynistic is.
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The ignorance and misogyny needed to accuse women of voting with their vaginas when this very board is lousy with dudes proclaiming which female politicians get their ducks hard is mind blowing.

Yeah. I cringed when I read it, and then I deleted my comments because a) interacting with him as little is possible is ideal and b) I know he'd just use the "If you subscribe" bullshit at the front to of course say HE doesn't feel that way, blah blah. Thanks for saying something, I regret not doing so as well. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Attractiveness matters a great deal to all humans so let's not pretend that women are sexless rational thinkers unmotivated by hotness.

Well sure.

But when descriptions enter into discussions of “moistness” and “panties” and implied to be the primary motivation, I’m calling misogynistic bullshittery.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

^^ The Queen Beto Wine Mom checks in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well sure.

But when descriptions enter into discussions of “moistness” and “panties” and implied to be the primary motivation, I’m calling misogynistic bullshittery.

Could you elaborate on the "moistness" and "panties" part of this?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I completely and utterly and 100% disagree. I'm absolutely certain that some women vote with their vaginas and some men vote with their dicks.  Metaphorically speaking, that is, not anatomically, although I'm sure it's probably been tried once or twice because who can say with certainty what goes on in the privacy of the voting booth?  Nevertheless, I don't think he was "accusing" some  women of voting with their vaginas but rather stating it as fact, which it no doubt is, just as it's a fact that some men vote with their dicks. Again: metaphorically speaking. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

My take on MM from what limited commentary of his I have seen regarding politics, he is more a product of his upbringing (a Reagan Democrat if you will)  I grew up in the same era and that has formed my values-fiscal conservatism, keep your religion personal, don't wear it on your sleeve or blather about it, be tolerant, don't demonize.  Basically the antithesis of DanPatrick and the others who have hijacked the republican party and perverted its soul.  I also think MM would benefit most from a crowded primary, where his celebrity factor might be most advantageous.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I completely and utterly and 100% disagree. I'm absolutely certain that some women vote with their vaginas and some men vote with their dicks.  Metaphorically speaking, that is, not anatomically, although I'm sure it's probably been tried once or twice because who can say with certainty what goes on in the privacy of the voting booth?  Nevertheless, I don't think he was "accusing" some  women of voting with their vaginas but rather stating it as fact, which it no doubt is, just as it's a fact that some men vote with their dicks. Again: metaphorically speaking. 

Bullshit. People may want to fuck MM or that Boebert bitch but that doesn't mean you'll give them your vote. Only an extremely small percentage might so that is no excuse to give Donkeydick a pass for being a gross shitbag. Other people say the same thing more cleverly and humorously without causing a  grossout cringe. Donkeydick doesn't have that talent.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

If MM runs, Beto has to be like "what did I do to constantly get snake bit by Murphy's law? Maybe I wasn't born for this after all hmm".

Because let's be honest, MM >>>> Beto all day, every day.

Well, duh! Beto is cool, but he's not MM cool. Could you see Beto and Kate Hudson as romantic leads? Nope. Beto has spunk, Matthew has charisma.

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Bullshit. People may want to fuck MM or that Boebert bitch but that doesn't mean you'll give them your vote. Only an extremely small percentage might so that is no excuse to give Donkeydick a pass for being a gross shitbag. Other people say the same thing more cleverly and humorously without causing a  grossout cringe. Donkeydick doesn't have that talent.

I've actually been shocked at the substantial amount of boy/men in Western Colorado who simply voted for Boobert based on her tits. Most didn't even realize she finalized her GED while running until I let them know.

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Dude, I was talking about a very noted subset of Suburban white women who everyone laughed at and caricatured for essentially being married to loser Trump men and thirsted for Beto or were just horny old women who enjoyed Beto running and talking about him at brunch with other white wino women. Beto was their modern 50 Shades of Gray book club. I was pretty clear I thought....so if you feel I was talking about you or your wife; the shoe fits I guess.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think you meant to say Donkeyduck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Me, I'm principled. I might fuck Boebert in a moment of weakness but I would not vote for her. On the other hand, I would bang, vote for, and door-knock and phone-bank for Lina Hidalgo. 

"As they say around the Texas Legislature, if you can't drink their whiskey, screw their women, take their money, and vote against 'em anyway, you don't belong in office." -- Molly Ivins

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Dude, I was talking about a very noted subset of Suburban white women who everyone laughed at and caricatured for essentially being married to loser Trump men and thirsted for Beto or were just horny old women who enjoyed Beto running and talking about him at brunch with other white wino women. Beto was their modern 50 Shades of Gray book club. I was pretty clear I thought....so if you feel I was talking about you or your wife; the shoe fits I guess.

I don't care who you're talking about, my point is you're not funny nor remotely clever. Best to type it out, read it and don't press submit reply. 

• Hook 'Em 8

A-lister that shuns Hollywood for Austin, Texas Ex, has shown his religious beliefs/values on the biggest stage of his career with audible cringes from the crowd and didn’t back down, has plenty of media appearances highlighting his critical thinking ability. Sure, sign me up. 

just hope he doesn’t cheat on his wife, cause that still matters if he runs as a D.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tommy fucking Tubberville is a United States Senator and he beat a really good democrat.  I hate this country sometimes 

5 hours ago, MoJames said:

I think the best idea for this thread is what quote from a movie you think he will run on.

My vote.

tumblr_n0akfkZh011tqbrbro1_500.gif

I sat next to him at one of the Holiday Bowls years back.  I hope he has learned to dress in clothes that should've been thrown away and that he has since found a shower.  Because the guy I sat next to didn't meet those feeble qualifications.  He did have a line of women lined up for his autograph for the half of the game he sat there.  I think he went to the sidelines for the second half.  Fucker didn't even know the rules of the game.  

29 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I sat next to him at one of the Holiday Bowls years back.  I hope he has learned to dress in clothes that should've been thrown away and that he has since found a shower.  Because the guy I sat next to didn't meet those feeble qualifications.  He did have a line of women lined up for his autograph for the half of the game he sat there.  I think he went to the sidelines for the second half.  Fucker didn't even know the rules of the game.  

So he posts in the game threads on our football board?

• Hook 'Em 1

When I first heard this, my initial response was "just promote UT and be an actor, you dope".

Then, I considered that the job responsibilities for Governor of Texas are largely symbolic.

I think MM would be terrible on policy matters.  Mainly because I don't think he gives a shit about making government work, just letting people do their thing and getting out of the way.   Which might be pretty bad for Texas.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

To be fair, I’m a straight male and Matthew gets my duck hard

• Like 1