MaybeACoordinator

How Is That Chain Still Open?

They’re selling entire fish for $1/each and still turning a profit.  Yeah, it’s good.  If you hate your body as much as you hate capitalism. 

Posted (edited)

I used to love Long John’s when they had the locations on Lamar (now a Taco Shack) and Burnet (now a Panda Express). Chicken planks slammed and went hard. But I ate at the one on Cameron a few years ago, and it was fucking inedible.

Edited by HenryJames

38 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I used to love Long John’s when they had the locations on Lamar (now a Taco Shack) and Burnet (now a Panda Express). Chicken planks slammed and went hard. But I ate at the one on Cameron a few years ago, and it was fucking inedible.

We went to one nearby about a month ago and both the fish and chicken were puny compared to what they used to be, and the slaw isn't near as good as it once was.  But I'm a glutonous fatass who'll go back soon. 

ok. so my bank account was low, so I took a chance on the 2 for $5 Burger King special on the way to the DFW airport.  But first I stopped at a Kroger's to get a whole apple pie.  So, I'm going through TSA with 2 whoppers and a full apple pie in the backpack.  The TSA chick told me she would have to look at my food, and sure enough, "this is making me hungry" comes out of her mouth.  I just smiled and said thank you. 

Whopper not bad.  Kroger apple pie better.  

8 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

ok. so my bank account was low, so I took a chance on the 2 for $5 Burger King special on the way to the DFW airport.  But first I stopped at a Kroger's to get a whole apple pie.  So, I'm going through TSA with 2 whoppers and a full apple pie in the backpack.  The TSA chick told me she would have to look at my food, and sure enough, "this is making me hungry" comes out of her mouth.  I just smiled and said thank you. 

Are you a marathon runner?

That’s outstanding!  Were you flying to Paris?  Amsterdam?  Frankfurt?  That much food would hold me to Moscow, at least.  Did you bring your own spoon for the pie or will airlines still loan/give you one?  Did you get booze on the plane?  Have they changed the rules to let you bring your own onboard (liquor, that is-).  I’m thinking of vacation. Plans...............

i'd laugh so hard if i saw someone take a whole pie out on a plane.  i'm laughing just thinking about it. the only thing better is if you had ice cream too.

I’d rather sit next to Rex dipping then have smell those whoppers the whole flight. Fast food shouldn’t be allowed on flights.

I’d rather sit next to Rex dipping then have smell those whoppers the whole flight. Fast food shouldn’t be allowed on flights.

This opens all sorts of range of offensiveness scenarios.

Skoal sour apple in a clear plastic rocks glass with no napkin or foot long subway turkey lettuce diarrhea, toasted?

Brings $60 worth of Long JS planks for the whole flight, but you all ready ate?

Brought sbarro slices for your row, but then stores the greasy cardboard box(s) and his 20oz Sbarro spittoon (xtreme frost ice - winter green!) in the seat back.

13 hours ago, Horn Draoi said:

That’s outstanding!  Were you flying to Paris?  Amsterdam?  Frankfurt?  That much food would hold me to Moscow, at least.  Did you bring your own spoon for the pie or will airlines still loan/give you one?  Did you get booze on the plane?  Have they changed the rules to let you bring your own onboard (liquor, that is-).  I’m thinking of vacation. Plans...............

Rural Alaska. Am a teacher traveling back to the bush.    The flight left DFW at 5:45 p.m. Had an overnight layover in Anchorage, can blame Alaska Airlines for that.  The layover was from about 10 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. next day.  The 2nd whopper lasted until I arrived in Anchorage late that night, and the apple pie lasted all of the way until about 9:00 a.m. the next morning.  Only had to eat out one meal on the trip, the last meal in modern civilization for maybe a whole year, depending upon the COVID.  That meal was an overpriced but delicious cheeseburger in the Anchorage Airport at about 11:30 a.m.  Took my own plastic fork for the pie.  Next time am thinking more along the lines of more protein.   I like Kroger's and Anchorage has their own version of Kroger's, FredMeyer.  I am thinking Rotisserie chicken, maybe two.  I am cheap, no doubt.  The pie and two whoppers combined to cost about $10 plus tax for the whoppers in Euless, TX.  The cheeseburger, fries, and coke in Anchorage airport cost about $20.  

7c8d53c788707a5e5c131e3c8fd2fd75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

The TSA chick told me she would have to look at my food, and sure enough, "this is making me hungry" comes out of her mouth.    

And you didn't take that opportunity to tell her you had a sausage that could satisfy her hunger?  What kind of a Surly-ite are you? 

1 hour ago, orangecat92 said:

Rural Alaska. Am a teacher traveling back to the bush.    The flight left DFW at 5:45 p.m. Had an overnight layover in Anchorage, can blame Alaska Airlines for that.  The layover was from about 10 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. next day.  The 2nd whopper lasted until I arrived in Anchorage late that night, and the apple pie lasted all of the way until about 9:00 a.m. the next morning.  Only had to eat out one meal on the trip, the last meal in modern civilization for maybe a whole year, depending upon the COVID.  That meal was an overpriced but delicious cheeseburger in the Anchorage Airport at about 11:30 a.m.  Took my own plastic fork for the pie.  Next time am thinking more along the lines of more protein.   I like Kroger's and Anchorage has their own version of Kroger's, FredMeyer.  I am thinking Rotisserie chicken, maybe two.  I am cheap, no doubt.  The pie and two whoppers combined to cost about $10 plus tax for the whoppers in Euless, TX.  The cheeseburger, fries, and coke in Anchorage airport cost about $20.  

Bro next time just do the sane thing and bring PBJ and some pretzels for the flight. My goodness 

7 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Bro next time just do the sane thing and bring PBJ and some pretzels for the flight. My goodness 

Really had to flex with that 2 for $5 deal 

9 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Hmm... I will have to try this spot...

That place is money.  Highly recommend.

10 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Thanks for the info, and thanks for your dedication to helping educate a way underserved population. OTOH, I’m a little taken aback by the thought of someone tearing into a rotisserie chicken in the window seat!  Flights are approaching Guatemalan bus rides in demeanor and behavior anyway, so I’m gonna remember your approach...........every time I’m in the Miami airport, I kinda expect people to come on board with crates of live chickens.  Nobody on board knows me, anyway.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Conan's Pizza in Austin, how is it still open?

Have owned all their property since the 80s?

EDIT- Guess not I just saw the other thread,

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

13 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

And you didn't take that opportunity to tell her you had a sausage that could satisfy her hunger?  What kind of a Surly-ite are you? 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, 6th Street said:

no dice, dude.  3.4 oz is next to nothing.  Apple pie was a great choice, because it was good as either a dessert or breakfast.   The whoppers and pie covered dinner, breakfast and a good snack.  Not bad for $10.  I can go lower on price, but will have to spend time cooking.   Good challenge, though.  I spent $30 total during a 21 hour flight.  Will go for less $ next time. 

Jam and Jelly

• Carry On Bags: Yes (Less than 3.4oz/100 ml allowed)
  • Checked Bags: Yes

Peanut Butter

• Carry On Bags: Yes (Less than 3.4oz/100 ml allowed)
  • Checked Bags: Yes