MrBig

Pizza Hut - Pan Recipe Change (40 years in the making)

14 minutes ago, Loco said:

Jet's 8 corner is pretty good... certainly better than modern day Pizza Hut

Turbo crust, trust me. I was a fan of PH when it was cooked in an oven but Jet’s is the best now.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

there's 300+ jet's locations in 20 different states.

But only one in Austin, and zero in Houston, and zero in Dallas.

So from the perspective of a message board centered on the University of Texas, where the large majority of message board posters are from Austin, Dallas, and Houston, it's a pretty irrelevant entry into the discussion of chain pizza restaurants.

I mean if we're going to talk about pan pizza at chains with two or fewer locations in Austin, Dallas, and Houston combined, then I'll throw out Conan's as being by far the leader in this area.

Edited by utee94

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I mean if we're going to talk about pan pizza at chains with two or fewer locations in Austin, Dallas, and Houston combined, then I'll throw out Conan's as being by far the leader in this area.

there's 10 in texas, including 6 in the north texas area (most on the tarrant county side).   i could conceivably drive to pearland or tomball from central houston to get a pizza.  i'm not driving to austin for conan's. 

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

there's 10 in texas, including 6 in the north texas area (most on the tarrant county side).   i could conceivably drive to pearland or tomball from central houston to get a pizza.  i'm not driving to austin for conan's. 

If you want to drive to Tomball for chain pizza, knock yourself out. :)

(and yes this whole tangent is silly, but that's what we do around here)

Tell ya what, since you apparently own stock in Jet's, if I ever find myself near a Jet's and I coincidentally have an insatiable urge to try some chain pan pizza, I'll give it a shot. ;)

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Bad pizza is better than good sushi.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Bad pizza is disgusting.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

I'm not going to argue that Mr. Gattis is some super high level, high quality stuff but its 10x the pizza that PH is. The one on Far West was really good, had a nice arcade and we held a lot of post sports parties there. Absolutely the best ranch for pizza. I still get it a couple times a year when I'm in Austin.

Hold up...you’re touting yourself as some sort of pizza connoisseur who looks down his nose at chains, yet you eat ranch on the stuff? That’s revolting.

Edited by formermav43

13 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Correct me if this is wrong.  But wasn't Gattis ahead of Pizza Hut with the pan pizza concept?  Seems to me sometime in the early 80's when we first got a Gattis near my hometown and thought it was out of this world compared to the thin stuff Pizza Hut served up.  Or was it maybe my household chose to always get thin from Pizza Hut and just didn't pay attention or know that Pan was offered.   

Pretty sure Pizza Hut started doing pan back in the 60s.

8 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Hold up...you’re touting yourself as some sort of pizza connoisseur who looks down his nose at chains, yet you eat ranch on the stuff? That’s revolting. 

I'm not sure saying Pizza Hut is fucking hot garbage is holding myself out to be a pizza connoisseur. And I'll stand behind my Mr. Gattis ranch.

I just ordered a Pizza Hut pepperoni lovers thin and crispy because Of this thread.

also too lazy to drive to Luna pizzeria 

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

anyone tried this?  I fucking love cheez-its and pizza hut is more or less edible. 

Pizza-Hut-Introduces-New-Stuffed-Cheez-I

tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=

Guilty.  Ordered them yesterday.  They are rich, buttery, and have that cheez-it flavor.  I got them with pepperoni.  Highly recommend.  

Next time I want a good chain pizza I'm definitely driving 160 miles to Jets. The wife totally won't murder me at all.
Is it a chain if theres only 3 locations

Neighbors ordered Pizza Hut and reminded me why it's basically the worst shit ever. I give Pizza Hut credit though, it's hard to fuck up pizza like PH. Takes talent.

2 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Neighbors ordered Pizza Hut and reminded me why it's basically the worst shit ever. I give Pizza Hut credit though, it's hard to fuck up pizza like PH. Takes talent.

pizza hut thin crust slams