Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Evans wasn't particularly impressive today.

And George looked terrible all game and had two bad penalties, including a late hit call away from the play after his QB converted a 3rd and 10 with 3 minutes left down by 3.

idk which is more of a relief, not having to waste a scholarship on George or not dealing with all of Zach Evans’ bullshit. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Good lord. That is just utterly fucking bizarre. I've never "outed" myself and I value whatever semi-anonymity we're afforded on these boards. I lost my illusions about how safe any of us really are some time ago, and I hate that kind of shit accordingly. 

That considered, it's fun to remain rent-free inside the head of ol'LotusHorn. I don't want to delve too far into the mind of an imbecile, but I'm fairly sure he's hilariously and accidentally fucking up the troll job I forced SydneyCarton to pull off on Greg Davis years ago (and published on Shaggy). I still have the letter on Iowa Hawkeye letterhead that GD sent back to ol'Sydney thanking him for the high praise. That letter is framed and rests comfortably in my study, along with a laundry list of other souvenirs and artifacts from other trolling or absurd shit we've attempted or pulled off. 

Sounds exactly like something Greg Davis would say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

And George looked terrible all game and had two bad penalties, including a late hit call away from the play after his QB converted a 3rd and 10 with 3 minutes left down by 3.

idk which is more of a relief, not having to waste a scholarship on George or not dealing with all of Zach Evans’ bullshit. 

Yes. And the fact we have a different 5 star RB

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

lol......I was looking for this.

Every time I see that I laugh at DJ Monroe being on the sideline. I don't know why.

Also, my memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall that CTJ was calling on Shaggy for Greg Davis to be fired.  If so, that's some seventh level voodoo ninja M.C. Escher hologram shit, calling for yourself to be fired as a way to throw the Shaggy posse off your trail.  "Moi?  Greg Davis?  Would I be calling for my own firing if I was Greg Davis?  I think not!"   On the other hand, maybe only Greg Davis is clever enough to engage in that kind of subterfuge. 

Maybe I'm Greg Davis. Maybe we all are.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Dameion George looking fat and slow-footed. Just got a holding call.

Zach Evans doing basically nothing and looking perfectly content while doing so. 

Just "keeping tread on the tires," if you will. Clearly waiting until Day 1 in college to morph into Tony Dorsett, Barry Sanders and Earl Campbell combined. 

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Every time I see that I laugh at DJ Monroe being on the sideline. I don't know why.

Also, my memory may be faulty, but I seem to recall that CTJ was calling on Shaggy for Greg Davis to be fired.  If so, that's some seventh level voodoo ninja M.C. Escher hologram shit, calling for yourself to be fired as a way to throw the Shaggy posse off your trail.  "Moi?  Greg Davis?  Would I be calling for my own firing if I was Greg Davis?  I think not!"   On the other hand, maybe only Greg Davis is clever enough to engage in that kind of subterfuge. 

Maybe I'm Greg Davis. Maybe we all are.

Who is CTJ??

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

...Can someone check in on the bot? I want to make sure circuits are not fried.

TFB Open Post is up. But I don't see any recruiting in it. But I mean, EABOD football board. 

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/08/open-post-weekend-august-30th-september-1st/

Which is why I posted it in the La Tech thread.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuck Evans. We got the better back. Bijan > Evans 

9 carries, 39 yards for Evans last night.

I said it a couple of months ago -- the difference between good and great players is that great players hate to lose with every fiber of their being.  Evans doesn't even act like he cares if he's playing football.  I'd bet a lot of money that he's one of those guys who only plays football because he's good at it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

9 carries, 39 yards for Evans last night.

I said it a couple of months ago -- the difference between good and great players is that great players hate to lose with every fiber of their being.  Evans doesn't even act like he cares if he's playing football.  I'd bet a lot of money that he's one of those guys who only plays football because he's good at it.

He's actually already said as much in an interview.

https://247sports.com/Article/Zachary-Evans-recruitment-college-football-recruiting-profile-133930204/

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It’s been 17 hours and nobody has responded to that claim?!?!

I have to tell you, I have had a lot of bizarre shit happen along the way. Some awesome, some outlandish, some ominous. As far as Internet community stuff goes, this is one of the bonkers fucking things I've witnessed. It seems fairly likely that that goober believes it. He has to be posting during free hours from inside a mental institution. And of course no one on 247 would challenge it. They believe everything his dumb ass posts. It's easily the dumbest community with which I've ever participated.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, I have had a lot of bizarre shit happen along the way. Some awesome, some outlandish, some ominous. As far as Internet community stuff goes, this is one of the bonkers fucking things I've witnessed. It seems fairly likely that that goober believes it. He has to be posting during free hours from inside a mental institution. And of course no one on 247 would challenge it. They believe everything his dumb ass posts. It's easily the dumbest community with which I've ever participated.

That's a myth

627629.jpg

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 5