Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

IMG-0636.jpg

Looks like a photo an older female friend (divorced) sent me the other day. Said she hit a curb and was losing air. I went and helped her and followed her to the tire shop where she not only got it fixed but replaced the one-month old tire on the other side because she needed them to "match" as far as age for her "safety". Rim wasn't damaged. Just some tire residue. $600+ for two tires because she said she can't be driving on generic-name tires.

A day after she got it fixed, she called to tell me she hit another curb but luckily didn't pop her tire again.

9adf411f2fc23ac2c76daea5f177d463.jpg
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

20 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Looks like a photo an older female friend (divorced) sent me the other day. Said she hit a curb and was losing air. I went and helped her and followed her to the tire shop where she not only got it fixed but replaced the one-month old tire on the other side because she needed them to "match" as far as age for her "safety". Rim wasn't damaged. Just some tire residue. $600+ for two tires because she said she can't be driving on generic-name tires.

A day after she got it fixed, she called to tell me she hit another curb but luckily didn't pop her tire again.

Fortunately we had the road hazard coverage from discount.  Tire has already been replaced and only out $45. Lol at matching two tires for "safety". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Fortunately we had the road hazard coverage from discount.  Tire has already been replaced and only out $45. Lol at matching two tires for "safety". 

You should hear about what they do for AWD vehicles.

But, yeah, you don't want to have a worn out tire and a brand new tire on the same axle if it's a drive axle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

But, yeah, you don't want to have a worn out tire and a brand new tire on the same axle if it's a drive axle.

very true, if they have been on the car for a while.  But you missed the part where he said the good tire was only 1 month old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Does road hazard cover running over curbs?

On 7/15/2023 at 12:59 PM, nnm said:

Team @Superhero here. It doesn’t sound like a “men’s rights” rally at a church.  More like a seminar/teaching to help men figure out how to be the man that their children, wife, friends, and church need them to be. Our culture is completely bankrupt on that issue, and it sounds like exactly what this guy needs. Whether he’s deflecting or not, it sounds like exactly what he needs. 

Oh sure, because today's Christianity has done such a bang-up job on social issues.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh sure, because today's Christianity has done such a bang-up job on social issues.

The failures of the people in the church are legion through the millennia and I can’t defend them. 

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Does road hazard cover running over curbs?

I believe it does. The curb was kind of in the road, and it’s certainly hazardous.  My wife’s car had a slow leak, so I took it to Discount on the morning we were leaving on a trip.  They put a new tire on it under the road hazard warranty. I drove back home, parked and we started loading up for the trip. By the time we left on the trip, the low tire pressure light was on again.  I had picked up a nail in the sidewall of the new tire literally in the mile and a half from the store to my house, and they replaced the same tire again at no cost. 

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Can’t speak for southern baptists and the “conservative” Christians throwing their weight into politics.

Our pastors are VERY careful not to bring politics into our church and I appreciate that a lot.

What other people do in the name of Christianity affects us. But at least I can say we try, and emphasize the try, to do the right thing.

IMG_0675.jpeg.f9b30c7f26d3485f6252e132f6fbead9.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:59 PM, nnm said:

Team @Superhero here. It doesn’t sound like a “men’s rights” rally at a church.  More like a seminar/teaching to help men figure out how to be the man that their children, wife, friends, and church need them to be. Our culture is completely bankrupt on that issue, and it sounds like exactly what this guy needs. Whether he’s deflecting or not, it sounds like exactly what he needs. 

Every family has a leader because they want to lead. You and SuperHero are thinking this guy wants that just because he has a dick like you. Not everyone is built to be the leader. Is he getting walked over? Yes, probably alot, but that is his job to tell her to quit doing things disrespectful of his time or feelings. This church shit is just a waste of time to him. What he needs is a referee type counselor to help him call his wife out when she is like that, like the tire thing is SD. That is entitled bitch shit and she deserves ridicule and shame. But don't try to fix their marriage making him the leader he isn't just because he has a dick.  That is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Every family has a leader because they want to lead. You and SuperHero are thinking this guy wants that just because he has a dick like you. Not everyone is built to be the leader. Is he getting walked over? Yes, probably alot, but that is his job to tell her to quit doing things disrespectful of his time or feelings. This church shit is just a waste of time to him. What he needs is a referee type counselor to help him call his wife out when she is like that, like the tire thing is SD. That is entitled bitch shit and she deserves ridicule and shame. But don't try to fix their marriage making him the leader he isn't just because he has a dick.  That is stupid. 

This guy just called you a beta cuck...

Spoiler

No photo description available.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Kids birthday party today at our backyard pool in SW Austin; wife scheduled it for 2-5pm.  Thinking about making hot toddies and putting a bunch of blankets out around the fire pit because why not go all the way.  Told my wife no need to make goody bags for the kids to take home since we will already be giving them heat stroke and melanoma.  “But I got a cooling mister to attach to the canopy!”

Will the milfs be in bikinis?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Gotta add to this already.  Just went out there and she’s sweatin like a mf trying to move this 36” umbrella to angle the shade over the pool.  I’m like “wtf are you doing”, she goes “this will help cool down the water”.  LMFAOoooo except it’s my life.

And the milf pics didn't load 

We have an infestation of really tiny black flies in the house, no clue where they came from. I told her to just grab a can of Raid Flying Insect Killer and it should take care of them quick. She comes home with a can of some all natural, no harmful chemicals stuff. She proceeds to blast this all over the entire house and it’s like someone let loose with a can of cooking spray in every room! Oily residue everywhere and I don’t think it even unconvinced the flies.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

We have an infestation of really tiny black flies in the house, no clue where they came from. I told her to just grab a can of Raid Flying Insect Killer and it should take care of them quick. She comes home with a can of some all natural, no harmful chemicals stuff. She proceeds to blast this all over the entire house and it’s like someone let loose with a can of cooking spray in every room! Oily residue everywhere and I don’t think it even unconvinced the flies.

Buy any fruit lately? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

clean your drains, especially the kitchen sink.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Speaking of oily residue...When my two kids were very young my ex-wife took a leave of absence for a year.  One day she was boiling some baby bottle nipples in water on the stove.  She and the kids proceed to go outside for some reason.  The ex gets busy talking to some other stay-at-home moms and forgets about the nipples boiling on the stove top.  When she finally goes back into the house it is filled with oily smoke.  The rubber nipples had completely vaporized.  She calls the volunteer fire department.  They respond quickly because "some lady's nipples are burnt".

Of course I am at work during all of this.

Due to the oily residue we ended up replacing the carpet and most of the cloth furniture and mattresses plus some of the kid's stuffed animals.  We were out of the house for about a week due to the clean up process with ozone machines, cleaning, replacing, etc.  What a mess.

• Haha 5

This happened to us once. Except we put a sack of potatoes into a drawer that we never used and the maggot cesspool spawn potato sack was finally discovered one day.

Pitched the shelf, deep cleaned it probably 20 times, installed another one

Ok, I need to know if I'm being the asshole here because the wife certainly thinks I am.

We went on a trip with friends to wine country last weekend.  Us plus two other couples, so 6 people total.  We rented a 3BR airbnb and my wife and I fronted the cost.  I figured out the money owed today (one couple only stayed 2 nights instead of 3, so it wasn't all the same).  My wife is now saying that since we chose the "refundable" amount when we booked, which was about $300 more than the non-refundable amount, that we should eat that extra $300.

To me, choosing the refundable amount was a) the smart thing to do and b) also was to the benefit of everyone on the trip, if we had had to cancel last minute for some reason.

The amounts that I calculated were splitting the total cost of the airbnb, including that $300.

Am I wrong?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1