ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

5 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Good question. He played at WVU. They've had a few guest pickers this year with no connection to either school, which is just stupid.

He was Adam Viniateri’s holder for 6 or 7 years if I remember correctly.  Viniateri went to SDSU but couldn’t make the game today because he is doing a game somewhere else.  So he sent his buddy instead 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Good question. He played at WVU. They've had a few guest pickers this year with no connection to either school, which is just stupid.

McAfee was the holder for Veniteri while in the NFL for 10 years. Veniteri played for South Dakota State. He could not be there to do the picks because of another game so McAfee was his proxy.

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He was Adam Viniateri’s holder for 6 or 7 years if I remember correctly.  Viniateri went to SDSU but couldn’t make the game today because he is doing a game somewhere else.  So he sent his buddy instead 

2 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

McAfee was the holder for Veniteri while in the NFL for 10 years. Veniteri played for South Dakota State. He could not be there to do the picks because of another game so McAfee was his proxy.

NervousIckyDog-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always cool to see a first-time visit; glad they're branching away from secsecsec (at least for a week).  It would be cool if GCD took it to Minnesota (for the first time) over Alabama (which would be their 14th time in Tuscaloosa) but also understandable if they picked a #1 vs #2 matchup.  Fun fact: tOSU has hosted the most (18).

I know Surly likes to bash announcers, but here are a couple newer guys that I enjoy calling CFB games...

• Pat McAfee   (former NFL punter 😀)
  • Dan Orlovsky  (former NFL QB)

I tend to learn more about football whenever Chris Spielman is the analyst for a CFB game.

I know Surly likes to bash announcers, but here are a couple newer guys that I enjoy calling CFB games...
  • Pat McAfee   (former NFL punter )
  • Dan Orlovsky  (former NFL QB)

I tend to learn more about football whenever Chris Spielman is the analyst for a CFB game.

McAffee has nothing to offer in terms of insight so he just says a bunch of ridiculous shit. It's like watching the game with a loudmouth buddy. Funny, but only in doses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

McAffee has nothing to offer in terms of insight so he just says a bunch of ridiculous shit. It's like watching the game with a loudmouth buddy. Funny, but only in doses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I find McAffee a refreshing change. Tired of the all business no fun repetitive commentary. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
Gotdamn, Memphis brought the atmosphere today.  Props to them.  

Sadly next week in Tuscaloosa will be about half the people and a quarter of the energy

And ESPN will just keep saying that it means more like they did at the Georgia and Notre Dame game.