ESPN not impressed with Texas A&M

52-80

haha, another ouch:

...before abandoning the listing SWC ship for the Southeastern Conference in 1992. By doing so, Arkansas surrendered competitive equality for financial security. The Hogs enter their 28th season in the SEC still looking for their first championship.

Arkansas is 17-37 against Alabama and LSU since joining the SEC, 27 years ago. They have beaten both teams in the same season twice; 1998 and 2000. Amazingly, neither of those times did Arkansas actually qualify for the SEC championship game.

They are 0-3 in the SEC championship game, being outscored 102-34. They did reach their 1st SEC championship game in their 4 season in the league.

aggy by contrast is 2-12 against Bama and LSU, has never beaten them both in the same season, and has never played in the SEC championship game going into their 8th SEC season.

South Carolina took 19 SEC seasons to reach their 1st championship game, only to get drilled 56-17 to Auburn.

Missouri reached back top back SEC championship games in SEC season 2 & 3, getting drilled in both of them to the tune of 101-55, slightly better than Arkansas in points scored.

aggy only has 12 more SEC seasons to go to match South Carolina's futility, but are already behind Arkansas and Missouri.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

32. Texas A&M

54.2 | 2 national titles

They don't fucking have TWO titles.  They one, back when people were still curious as to whether they new thing called "electricity" was going to pan our or not.  If they have two, then we have close to 8 (claiming disputed titles or afterthought media publications)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

ESPN more legit for us. No Ivy school ought to be there. We should be ranked 8, behind the schools we are behind except Yale, and possibly ahead of Nebraska just because of head to head. Penn st and LSU should round out Top 10. 

When I say "Ivy League school"... I thought "YALE".

Yale was a powerhouse for years. Over the last 150 years, they absolutely have a right to be ranked in the Top 10.

Yale national championships - 18
Alabama national championships - 15
Texas national championships - 4

Yale belongs if you are county The History of College Football.

7 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

They don't fucking have TWO titles.  They one, back when people were still curious as to whether they new thing called "electricity" was going to pan our or not.  If they have two, then we have close to 8 (claiming disputed titles or afterthought media publications)

Those idiots gave the team however many titles they claim.  That shit is so dumb.  Coaches/AP or nothing.  Fuck all those other BS titles. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Those idiots gave the team however many titles they claim.  That shit is so dumb.  Coaches/AP or nothing.  Fuck all those other BS titles. 

Someone should add up the championships claimed by every school in their list and see by what percentage it beats the actual number of football seasons played.  And blow their shit up on twitters and whatnot. 

12 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

aggy claims three.  Look at the side of their stadium.  ESPN is coming up with their own count.

aggies2.jpg

Edited by TrashMaster G

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Yale was a powerhouse for years. Over the last 150 years, they absolutely have a right to be ranked in the Top 10.

If Texas Used bama accounting, we'd have 8 or 9. 

20 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Only if you're weighing each year and era equally, which would be a really stupid way to rank programs. Comparing titles from the 1800s to titles from the 2000s is ridiculous. Really I would say the only national titles that hold much relevance are post-WW2 but it's a national piece so there's going to be some sort of pandering to history. 

36 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I guess Babe Ruth sucked too

Yale actually hasn't won a national title since Babe Ruth first took the mound - unless you count their retroactively awarded 1927 College Football Researchers Association MNC (which is fine if you do, I guess)

We can include this tidbit on this week's edition of "What do Yale and aggy have in common?"

Edited by ztejas

On 8/15/2019 at 7:11 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

same shit happens when aggy accounting "reports" earnings.

No one at ESPN would believe that an such small dick thinking and fabricating would permeate even the adminstration of an "institution of higher learning", but clearly they are still new to aggy.  The curtain has been pulled back and big brother isn''t there to cover up our State's embarassment any longer.

The SEC is figuring this out as I type this. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Cant tell if you’re being serious, or if you just misunderstood what he was trying to say.

It says right in the title that they're naming the best programs over the past 150 years.  If they wanted to limit it to only the last 30 years they could have.  College football's sesquicentennial is a good time to look back on its entire history.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

It says right in the title that they're naming the best programs over the past 150 years.  If they wanted to limit it to only the last 30 years they could have.  College football's sesquicentennial is a good time to look back on its entire history.

So you were serious. Alright