Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

Also all the “aha I got him” plot holes that you fuckers are talking about with respect to Leia not remembering or at least mentioning all these experiences but none of you kill fucking joys want to mention,

“That boy is our last hope”

“No there is another”

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Read the last 2 or 3 pages and it was a beating. Kenobi makes the boba fett series look like it was directed by Tommy Wiseau. And boba imo didn’t receive the kind of criticism kenobi is right now. I really believe that kenobi as a character is super relatable to Star Wars fans and that plays a big role as to why he’s up there in the ranks. So when we finally got a show with him as the main character, the bar was going to be set super high for Disney. I think overall they’re doing a pretty good job with some questionable calls here or there  but that’s Star Wars. Have fun and if you can’t then wait till they come out with a crap ton of other stuff later.

Spoiler

I do want to note that all the dick riding for Filoni is hilarious. Ahsoka was horrible in the movie and first 2 seasons of the CW but turned out to be badass. While it’s only six episodes long let this series grow and finish as a whole before we right if off as failure. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Also all the “aha I got him” plot holes that you fuckers are talking about with respect to Leia not remembering or at least mentioning all these experiences but none of you kill fucking joys want to mention,

“That boy is our last hope”

“No there is another”

To be fair, that’s been an issue since ROTS when he watched Padre give birth to Luke and Leia. He didn’t suddenly find out of her existence in this show.

3 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Read the last 2 or 3 pages and it was a beating. Kenobi makes the boba fett series look like it was directed by Tommy Wiseau. And boba imo didn’t receive the kind of criticism kenobi is right now. I really believe that kenobi as a character is super relatable to Star Wars fans and that plays a big role as to why he’s up there in the ranks. So when we finally got a show with him as the main character, the bar was going to be set super high for Disney. I think overall they’re doing a pretty good job with some questionable calls here or there  but that’s Star Wars. Have fun and if you can’t then wait till they come out with a crap ton of other stuff later.

Hide contents

I do want to note that all the dick riding for Filoni is hilarious. Ahsoka was horrible in the movie and first 2 seasons of the CW but turned out to be badass. While it’s only six episodes long let this series grow and finish as a whole before we right if off as failure. 

I'm confused by your statement on Filoni.  Ahsoka was meant by Lucas to be killed off at that point to further Anakin's turn.  Filoni convince him they could develop her into a great character. 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:39 PM, crash_davis said:

kenobi does become a badass again. he kills maul in rebels which is 4ish years after this series takes place. 

Goddamnit.  I just started Rebels.  Finished Clone Wars before this series.  Guess I have to avoid this thread now.  Edit:  goddamnit it happened again later in the thread.  Between that and the “well actually” posts I am out.  Surled 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

10 hours ago, rantanamo said:

I'm confused by your statement on Filoni.  Ahsoka was meant by Lucas to be killed off at that point to further Anakin's turn.  Filoni convince him they could develop her into a great character. 

I’ve never read where Ahsoka was supposed to die early in the clone wars. Do you mean in order 66? Because George wanted her dead from the purge but Filoni wanted something different which is what we got. 

8 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Goddamnit.  I just started Rebels.  Finished Clone Wars before this series.  Guess I have to avoid this thread now.  Edit:  goddamnit it happened again later in the thread.  Between that and the “well actually” posts I am out.  Surled 

Your eyes will explode when you get to the episodes with Zombie Mace Windu!

Spoiler

It is enjoyable and yet flawed in a few places. The key part being enjoyable matters the most.

Ahsoka is fine. She was intended to be young and act like it. The point was to watch her grow.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:59 PM, Buzzrock said:

Well, it took three episodes for it to really start falling apart. Just watched episode three and it was not good.

They’ve done it again: sucked all the fun and joy out of a beloved Star Wars character. It’s the same bullshit they did to Luke in TLJ. I am not digging mopey Obi-Wan, and it doesn’t even make sense given that

Hide contents

this is the same fucking guy who dispatches Maul later, one of the most powerful villains in the whole canon. What, does he start hitting the Jedi Gym or something?

Reva sucks. Young Leia sucks and has no room for a character arc because she’s already the person we meet in Star Wars. Plot holes abound (faster than light travel and laser swords but they can’t get a picture of Obi-Wan to the stormtroopers on the mining planet?). Argh! I’m all about horror Vader but even that couldn’t save this.

They should leave every plot line and character from the OT alone or animate it. New movies and live action TV should be about new characters only (Rogue One was great) with maybe some cameos (see: The Mandalorian). At this point I assume Ahsoka is going to suck. I hope Andor is good.

It’s no wonder MCU is mopping the floor with SW. They still know how to have fun.

love it, but the instantaneous travel does bother me. 

vader to the planet in like 10 mins 

3rd sister teleport through tunnel past everyone 

and on the other spectrom.  vader not able to keep track of a slow ass droid dragging old ben about a foot ever 30 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

and on the other spectrom.  vader not able to keep track of a slow ass droid dragging old ben about a foot ever 30 seconds. 

Well Vadar killing Obi Wan right there would have created a itsy bitsy plot hole.  

Unless they want to Dallas the thing up

• Drool 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:54 PM, Hate said:

Well, I finally watched the 3 episodes and then read this thread.  I'm very sorry to have to admit that I never should have read this thread.  Goddamn y'all are a bunch of brisket fucking texans on a politics thread.  Can't y'all just watch something and enjoy it without needing to pick apart every little piece.  I watched it with my 13 year and we both loved it, especially EP. 3.  I'll continue watching the show, but I'm not sure I can say the same about reading this thread.

username doesnt check ou

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

You nerds would complain about a threesome 

The analogy I gave my wife this morning was some of these nerds would complain that they were given 6 blow jobs from an old flame because they weren’t as good as the ones they remembered as a teenager. 

She had a lot of questions for me after that analogy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The analogy I gave my wife this morning was some of these nerds would complain that they were given 6 blow jobs from an old flame because they weren’t as good as the ones they remembered as a teenager. 

She had a lot of questions for me after that analogy. 

Contact Hornian in the divorce…… ohhhhhhhhh
  • Haha 2

From the mouth of babes. So I asked my 9 year old if he'd watched it yet. He says no .. what's it about?   I tell him it is obi Wan rescuing princes liea. He says so it's basically Mario Brothers?  I laughed. 

• Haha 3

Three episodes in, this feels like fanfic shot as a high school AV project. I mean, were Obi-Wan and Vader dueling in a slag plant? The production is cheap, the acting is terrible (except for Obi-Wan), and the costume design and direction reminds me of a kids’ action show like Power Rangers or something.

And now we have to reconcile this adventure with a bunch of inconsistent content in Star Wars. Leia thought she needed to introduce herself to Obi-Wan in her recorded message, but they had gone on an important space mission before in which he saved her life? And Star Wars implies that Vader and Obi-Wan had not met since Anakin’s fall; the idea that Vader obsessively hunted him and that they fought in some scrap yard years later is incoherent.

I’m about ready to throw this series in the bin of SW shit to ignore, along with the prequels and sequels.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

And now we have to reconcile this adventure with a bunch of inconsistent content in Star Wars. Leia thought she needed to introduce herself to Obi-Wan in her recorded message, but they had gone on an important space mission before in which he saved her life?

I watched the first three episodes the last couple of nights. This was my main thought. I wonder if Obi-Wan wipes her memory or something. 

"General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the clone wars. Oh and also that one time eight years ago I was kidnapped multiple times and we went on this crazy fucking adventure. Anyway...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I watched the first three episodes the last couple of nights. This was my main thought. I wonder if Obi-Wan wipes her memory or something. 

"General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the clone wars. Oh and also that one time eight years ago I was kidnapped multiple times and we went on this crazy fucking adventure. Anyway...."

Even if you can explain away the formality in her initial plea, what about her complete lack of recognition or sorrow when he died on the Death Star? 

It’s becoming more clear that the best way to enjoy Star Wars is to watch the original trilogy and then nothing else.

• Hook 'Em 2