Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I wonder how far down the polls they will drop with a loss to Pedo State this weekend. I bet they get hammered so that even if they manage to beat OSU, they would still be out of the playoff. 

Isn't PSU like 0-100 when it comes to playing top 10 teams?

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

At this point you have to think its become a big enough distraction to where it could actually affect their season....would not be surprised at all to see them lose.

I absolutely would. Penn State seems to be the master of being a decent team that beats up on lower-tier teams like they should and then knowing their place against highly ranked opponents.

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Isn't PSU like 0-100 when it comes to playing top 10 teams?

I absolutely would. Penn State seems to be the master of being a decent team that beats up on lower-tier teams like they should and then knowing their place against highly ranked opponents.

Franklin is 3-16 against top 10 teams at PSU. He’s only been favored in 1 of those games, one of the 3 wins. 

As you pointed out, with him at coach they pretty much always beat the teams they are supposed to, and lose to the teams they’re supposed to. 

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Lots of this has been said, but I will add my voice in concurrence:

6. The choice between immediate and delayed consequences, between up-front response and "letting things play out" is a false dichotomy. It is both possible and appropriate to apply an initial consequence with the intent to select a final punishment once the scope of the misbehavior is better understood. Those pushing to wait are really pushing to avoid consequences now (when the cheating is truly bearing fruit) and hope never to face them at all with the passage of enough time.

6 is the big one I've been repeating as well. I don't know why when it comes to football people are all pretending like nothing at all can be done until x,y,z happens but that is not how real life works ANYWHERE else 

They can and should have some immediate punishment for the knowns, and can follow up with additional punishments later 

This timing was no accident and clearly the Big 10 doesnt think this suspension will stand. They were originally planning to ban him on Monday but Michigan made it clear they would file lawsuits and do anything possible to block their move. Rather than give them that opportunity, they waited until Friday afternoon to prevent them from being able to block this move before their game on Saturday. Great move by the Big 10 and Michigan can eat a bag of dicks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Okay, am I wrong in this assumption?

Today is Veterans Day observance and most courts are closed especially state, right? So BIG handing down suspension today is hilarious because they wouldn't be able to file an injunction this late on a holiday, right? So the earliest the injunction could be filed is Monday?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This timing was no accident and clearly the Big 10 doesnt think this suspension will stand. They were originally planning to ban him on Monday but Michigan made it clear they would file lawsuits and do anything possible to block their move. Rather than give them that opportunity, they waited until Friday afternoon to prevent them from being able to block this move before their game on Saturday. Great move by the Big 10 and Michigan can eat a bag of dicks. 

Eh, if Meatchicken planned for this, they have a list of Meatchicken-alum judges that would gladly issue an injunction to help their alma mater after hours tonight.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

would they be in the big 10 title? Does big still do divisions this year or would Penn St/Ohio St be the championship if both win out?

divisions.  michigan/ohio state winner likely to face iowa in big 10 champ game.

i told some of my Michigan friends that i think this is possibly a net positive.  mich has one of the best qbs in the nation and jim still runs his offense like it is 1975 and linebackers still look like tommy nobis (and in fairness, they do in 80% of the big 10).  

what does an unleashed JJ look like for the wolverine offense?

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Okay, am I wrong in this assumption?

Today is Veterans Day observance and most courts are closed especially state, right? So BIG handing down suspension today is hilarious because they wouldn't be able to file an injunction this late on a holiday, right? So the earliest the injunction could be filed is Monday?

There’s always a judge on standby for emergency filings. Even on holidays 

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I wonder how far down the polls they will drop with a loss to Pedo State this weekend. I bet they get hammered so that even if they manage to beat OSU, they would still be out of the playoff. 

If the season ended with one loss, that would mean they beat OSU twice.  They would survive and OSU would be out. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan