Oklahoma State @ Texas - 630PM on ABC: Mensas vs Mullets

Hagbard Celine

34 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We fucked up three punts, not two. We lost two of the three. And almost lost an onside kick as well. 

If it's any consolation, Georgia and ND looked like warmed over vomit.

that is good because it will cost them--I just don't want to see this team junk punch themselves against OU.  This was a huge hurdle tonight and it didn't have to be as big as it was but Texas kept adding to it. Play against OSU like they did against LSU and they win it pretty handily.  OSU needed help through turnovers, penalties and secondary lapses and Texas wasn't of the mindset to just emphatically take it.  However, all the injuries and youngsters pressed to play have really experientially aided this young team and given them hope to see the field.  If they survive, they will have seen and learned from a variety of situations.  Hopefully, now Texas understands that they are better than OSU, even after so many mistakes.  Play largely mistake free football and they will be conference champs.  

Yall spend all week in this echo chamber with the rest of us degenerates and aren't paying attention, to you know, stuff like history.

OSU is going to be a pain in the ass as long as Gundy is there.  Be glad you won. I'm sorry you didn't come.

Beat Tech or KSU or TCU or ISU any way any how and be fucking happy.  Winning is fucking hard. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Injuries:

Marcus Tillman - preliminary MCL sprain pending MRI to check for ACL sprain

Jalen Green - dislocated shoulder - waiting on MRI

Keondre Coburn - went back in. No specifics.

Josh Thompson - "out for a significant amount of time". Fractured 5th metatarsal on his foot.

D'Shawn Jamison - stinger

Caden Sterns - knee injury, waiting for MRI

My lord.  Can Roschon play DB now?

I don’t think it was an unsatisfying win. We gifted them at least 14 points on muffed punts, and should have had at least a FG more on our 4th down debacle. It felt closer to a blowout than it did to almost a loss, from being there in person. Maybe it looked worse on TV. 

My takeaway is actually that we can shoot ourselves in the dick and recover now, when we haven’t been able to do that for a decade. 

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Tonight's MVP.  Straight outta Lakewood, California.

spacer.png

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9219

His pass defense ended in the end zone late was a great play on an underthrown ball, but OSU scored a TD a play or two later, so it just burned a few seconds off of the clock  

it was his recovery of the onside kick that really mattered  

49 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well then you were there for the UNT game - that was easily the least satisfying win I have ever seen.

45 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

My first UT game ever. Fall of ‘88. 

I was just mentioning that game this evening and how pitiful it was that plastic cups with the smell of bourbon & coke were flying through the air in the student section after our shitty-assed team managed to pull ahead of North Texas late in the game. 

Boy did we suck back then 

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

His pass defense ended in the end zone late was a great play on an underthrown ball, but OSU scored a TD a play or two later, so it just burned a few seconds off of the clock  

it was his recovery of the onside kick that really mattered  

I was just mentioning that game this evening and how pitiful it was that plastic cups with the smell of bourbon & coke were flying through the air in the student section after our shitty-assed team managed to pull ahead of North Texas late in the game. 

Boy did we suck back then 

it was worse, we had to have a gift from the refs to win it.  Cash was out...

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it was worse, we had to have a gift from the refs to win it.  Cash was out...

We had Hager, Giles, & Hackamack (sp?) in our front 7 and speed merchants Eric Metcalf & Tony Jones on offense plus the Cash twins and Johnny Walker (Black) and we still should have lost. God David McWilliams sucked as a head coach. 

Still cannot believe we hired him. Deloss Dodds was a shitty AD who was responsible for two long embarrasing dry spells in Texas Football history. I hate we named a street after him.

And no offense to David McWilliams, I will always love him, but he was in way over his head.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Still cannot believe we hired him. Deloss Dodds was a shitty AD who was responsible for two long embarrasing dry spells in Texas Football history. I hate we named a street after him.

And no offense to David McWilliams, I will always love him, but he was in way over his head.

we were in the "get one of Darrell's guys" situation after Akers pulled his Mack Brown decline.

we were in the "get one of Darrell's guys" situation after Akers pulled his Mack Brown decline.
speaking of akers, akers teams would not have gotten that last first down. akers would have done that dive into the line 3 times and punted and it would have been nail biting time can the d hold em and preserve the win.

you fucking whippersnapper don't know from shit ugly wins. fucking akers was the king of no offense ugly wins and too many ugĺy wins that turned into ugly losses. this win wasn't ugly by the akers standard. not by a long shot.

allways remember in the words of DKR "Old ugly is better than old nuthin."

OU sucks

• Like 6

Mike Mullet Gundy always come to play.  That OSU is a good team.  Good game, good victory.  Don't care much for their RB but the QB is dangerous and Tylan Wallace has glue for hands, even if he was quiet in the 2nd half.

Their QB isn't Ehlinger though, and their WR isn't Duvernay.  Goddamn that guy is magnetic to key plays.  Confidence with Sam is amazing.  For a fan you don't worry if the offense will get it done, only whether the D will.

27 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Offense is NC (maybe) caliber. Defense is, um, not. Special teams is an aborshun.

Which makes it really weird he chose to turtle the offense with 9 minutes left up 13. Went full on Jason Garrett and very nearly blew the game if it wasn't for that freshman DB I'd never heard of making a monster play on the onside kick. You never turn off the offense with most of the 4th yet to play, especially only up 13 pts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Which makes it really weird he chose to turtle the offense with 9 minutes left up 13. Went full on Jason Garrett and very nearly blew the game if it wasn't for that freshman DB I'd never heard of making a monster play on the onside kick. You never turn off the offense with most of the 4th yet to play, especially only up 13 pts. 

You simply can't shut it down that soon in the Big 12. Recipe for disaster.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Offense is NC (maybe) caliber. Defense is, um, not. Special teams is an aborshun.

I had people over so had to watch only off and on with no sound.  A deal I made with the wife.  But to me it looked we should have won by 4 TDs but instead were trying to throw the game.  And I wasn't always watching attentively, but at one point in the 2nd half I told my friend that I don't recall Texas even having the ball in the last half hour.  I don't know how many fumbled punts occurred but I saw two of them.  It's a really heads up play to try to make a diving punt catch in traffic with 3 and half minutes left too. They also damn near got the onside kick.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Holy hell, I was full of rage watching our punt return team last night, so yeah, I was probably the asshole guy near you and your family last night, screaming how fucking stupid it was to even get near those punts. 

I thought it was near-Charlie-Okie-State-Three-PATs-blocked level stupid to not instruct Brandon and everyone else to just get the fuck away.

I’m sure this thread was a pleasant place to be when that was happening.

• Like 1

This is a game in the past 5 years that we would've lost. It wasn't pretty but damn it's satisfying to have that many miscues and still get the win against a team you haven't beaten at home since 2008. Sure there were lots of fuckups but there were equally many big plays and guys who stepped up when needed. Our secondary is a mess but our run defense is good. They frustrated Chuba all night. Yeah, he got his yards but they didn't come easy. Thank the Maker for the bye week. 

• Like 2

It’s great that we can still win with so many mistakes by both players and coaches. But at what cost? If we would have been blowing them out in the first half like should have been happening, how many of those defensive injuries to starters are avoided? This game will likely cost us down the road.

Also, I think it’s time for Herman to start coaching like he has the better team in games like this. That’s one thing that Mack mastered. You don’t have to gamble when you’re the better team. Take the damn points every time.

• Like 3