The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

I’d pay $199 for him to film his moment of clarity when he realizes he’s pissed away his legacy and his friends for a piece of shit that did exactly what everyone expected by not paying. It would need to include real tears and contrition, and he’d need to agree to exile himself and stay out of the public eye for the rest of his miserable life. You think he’d go for that?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I’d pay $199 for him to film his moment of clarity when he realizes he’s pissed away his legacy and his friends for a piece of shit that did exactly what everyone expected by not paying. It would need to include real tears and contrition, and he’d need to agree to exile himself and stay out of the public eye for the rest of his miserable life. You think he’d go for that?

what’s to stop people from paying $199 and saying, “hey rudy, it’s my friends birthday and he’s really into politics and he’s a big trump fan, so as a joke, i need you to say, happy birthday paul, the election was 100% legit and trump lost fair and square, it’ll make him so mad.”

not sure how cameo works, but that’s a manageable amount of money for folks to see rudy demean himself, and would go viral in seconds.

it’s comical that he thinks people will take this seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

You have to guess that he really believes what he’s been saying for the past 4 years. There was some element of personal gain in his shenanigans (Trump, Ukraine) but it also came across like an overall net loss since he scared away legit work. I don’t understand his motivation other than loss of mental functions.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You have to guess that he really believes what he’s been saying for the past 4 years. There was some element of personal gain in his shenanigans (Trump, Ukraine) but it also came across like an overall net loss since he scared away legit work. I don’t understand his motivation other than loss of mental functions.

It wasn't too long ago that Rudy was buddies with Rick Perry, and Rudy's law firm was, if I recall correctly, working both sides of the Trans-Texas Corridor deal, including doing work for the state and I think Cintra or whoever.  It was weird as hell, and didn't appear to have any competitive bidding for the legal work.

I kind of figured that's what he'd be doing the rest of his life - using his connections and working high-profile deals, and making a shit-ton of money.

Never would have I dreamed that he'd piss it all away on Donald Trump, embarrass himself like the old grandpa who shit his pants when he went to blow out his candles, and that we'd end up with him being an idiot in a Borat movie.

Rudy-Sacha-Baron-Cohen.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Some trial type lawyers, and I imagine it extends to "mouthpiece" bagmen, too, get to a point where their "faking" a client's cause (appearing that you sincerely believe in the righteousness of your client's cause is a near necessity in trial law), where actual facts, and what the lawyer says the facts are, start to blur. 

More than one trial lawyer has said with a straight face that "the facts are what I make them" and that it's a cop-out to say you lost a trial because of bad facts.  And a lot of good ones may not say that out loud much, but they verily believe it.

In that one court appearance that he made on the election cases, he was quite smooth.  The smoothness was undercut, pretty severely, by the fact that many of the things he was arguing were contrary to stipulated or proven facts, but he was smooth, nevertheless.

I imagine in his best days, Rudy's ego has gotten the best of him, and I think his best days are far behind him.

why wear a suit and tie to a hockey game ?

Not unusual to see a bunch of dudes in suits at hockey and basketball games at MSG. If you work in Manhattan but live outside the city, you will go straight from the office to the game.
  • Hook 'Em 2