The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

On 6/25/2021 at 7:29 AM, South Austin said:

He really is just a fucking cartoon character.  But unfortunately we're electing more of those types to federal and state office.

Maybe not this time.  But I guess zero IS a number!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rudy-giulianis-son-gets-zero-votes-in-doomed-new-york-governor-bid?ref=home

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:
I’m sure there will be no consequences per usual

Not for Trump and Rudy, but Dems and moderates/independents in AZ will be a lot more hyper-aware of just how much Republican officials in the state want to fuck around.

That's the dumbass thing about Republicans these days.  They do this shit openly, or at least knowing it will most likely come out, without thinking about the consequences.  In the before times, they'd keep this stuff on the down low a lot more, and so it was harder for the left to use.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, Neonmoon said:

I’m sure there will be no consequences per usual

Throw this on the pile of banana republic bullshit that the Rs are trying to drag this country into.  My god.  I can hardly fathom anything more un-American.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

It's funny if you say it in Bob Uecker's voice in "Major League"

"Zero Votes?  Zero?  That's the same number as I got and I'm not even fucking running."  

Rudy Giuliani, the lawyer of former President Donald Trump during the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election, had his law license in Washington, D.C., suspended on Wednesday.

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals made the decision following "consideration" of a June 24 order from the New York Supreme Court that suspended Giuliani's credentials to practice law in the Empire State. Guiliani is temporarily barred from being an attorney "pending final disposition" from the D.C. court.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rudy-giulianis-legal-fund-was-a-bust-now-its-donation-page-has-disappeared

After raising a paltry sum of money from supporters and attracting little interest from former President Donald Trump, a web page created to fundraise for Rudy Giuliani’s legal defense fund has vanished.

According to a cached version of that webpage, the sluggish fundraising vehicle was taken offline at some point between Wednesday morning and Thursday. As of early Thursday evening, the “Rudy Giuliani Legal Defense Fund” page had yet to return.

Bernie Kerik, another Trump loyalist and a close Giuliani associate who is spearheading the former New York mayor’s fundraising efforts, did not immediately respond to questions from The Daily Beast. On Thursday evening, Giuliani’s lawyer Robert Costello said he had “no knowledge” on the matter.

The Fundly account, established in Rudy’s name a day before Kerik launched a website for the legal defense fund in late June, raised $9,798 before the page disappeared—far short from its goal of raising $5 million in two months. While the landing page for the Fundly account is gone, the Giuliani account still shows it’s in possession of its nearly $10,000 donor haul, with the website inconspicuously archiving donor names and amounts given. But links to the legal defense fund page they gave to now automatically redirect to Fundly’s general landing page for “politics and public policy” causes. In addition to the now-MIA Fundly page, portals at credit card processors Square and Rallypay are also advertising donations for the Giuliani fund.

Spoiler

Giuliani served as Trump’s unapologetic lead attorney during the Ukraine scandal, as well as during other efforts to dig for dirt on the Biden family. The former mayor also led much of the charge during Trumpworld’s crusade to overturn the 2020 election that President Joe Biden had decisively won, and Giuliani has continued to this very day to promote Trump’s lies about the presidential election outcome. Some of Giuliani’s activity during the Trump-Ukraine saga quickly attracted the unwanted attention of federal investigators.

And in the weeks and months since the election, Giuliani, like Trump, has become the focus of a number of civil and at least one criminal investigation. Voting technology company Dominion Voting Systems named the former New York City mayor in a billion dollar defamation suitrelated to his allegations that Dominion voting machines played a role in Trump’s electoral defeat. Democratic members of Congress have named him in two civil rights lawsuits alleging that Giuliani conspired with former President Trump and others to incite the January insurrection at the Capitol.

And the Justice Department is reportedly investigating potential lobbying by Giuliani on behalf of the Turkish government in addition to the continuing criminal investigation into whether the ex-president’s former attorney illegally lobbied on behalf of foreign interests in Ukraine.

Giuliani’s mounting legal bills have been a source of tension between his supporters and advisers to the twice-impeached former president. The New York Times reported in early May that Giuliani allies had been pressing the Trump campaign to use some of the quarter billion dollar campaign fund to assist with some of his legal bills. The Daily Beast reported later that month that Trump and his team had repeatedly ignored or rejected several of Giuliani and his allies’ requests for help, including for the ex-president to release a statement vindicating Giuliani’s legal defense.

As the dispute over Giuliani’s legal bills spilled into the Times, web registration records collected by DomainTools show Kerik reserved rudygiulianifreedomfund.com, a website to solicit donations for Giuliani’s legal fund. The site warns that “the Deep State is on a mission to take down every single one of President Donald J. Trump’s closest allies,” and that “Rudy’s fate will determine if America still is a Republic governed by We The People, or if the swamp has finally amassed total control of our great country.”

The meager $9,000-plus haul from Giuliani’s now-defunct Fundly page, however, may not represent the totality of Giuliani’s fundraising efforts. The website Kerik set up for Giuliani’s legal fund offers donors the option to mail checks to an address in Florida or donate via the credit card processor Rallypay—neither of which offer public tallies of donations like Fundly.

Some of Giuliani’s closest allies and confidants have not been shy about attacking other conservative leaders for refusing to swoop in during the attorney’s time of need.

In early May, Kerik complained on Twitter that “lawyers and law firms that didn’t do shit [for the Trump campaign’s legal team] were paid lots of money and the people that worked their ass off, got nothing.”

On Thursday, Kerik tweeted that Giuliani “was there for the president and country when they needed him, in a crime infested NYC when they needed him, and there on 9/11 when the entire country needed him. Where is the @gop, @GOPLeader @GOPChairwoman @LeaderMcConnell for him?” and tagged those Republican leaders as “#RINOs” and “#Cowards.”

The Giuliani ally conspicuously left former President Trump off of his list of top Republicans who have abandoned the former New York City mayor.

• 4 weeks later...

$1000/day?  Sounds like a decent wage until you look at both comparative rates for other Trump legal teams and also consider a decent hair dye job gonna run you about $950/day.  

I think NY rich people have a different interpretation of the word “broke”. Rudy is not broke. Rudy has a mountain of legal fees he doesn’t want to pay for, and is asking Trump to cover. Trump said no. 

Rudy can afford shelter, food, utilities, dry cleaning, plane flights, vacations, nice homes, assistants salaries, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I think NY rich people have a different interpretation of the word “broke”. Rudy is not broke. Rudy has a mountain of legal fees he doesn’t want to pay for, and is asking Trump to cover. Trump said no. 

Rudy can afford shelter, food, utilities, dry cleaning, plane flights, vacations, nice homes, assistants salaries, etc. 

Until he can't.  I doubt Rudy's assistants are as willing to work without pay.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Not for Trump and Rudy, but Dems and moderates/independents in AZ will be a lot more hyper-aware of just how much Republican officials in the state want to fuck around.

That's the dumbass thing about Republicans these days.  They do this shit openly, or at least knowing it will most likely come out, without thinking about the consequences.  In the before times, they'd keep this stuff on the down low a lot more, and so it was harder for the left to use.

I sorta think this is a function of the people who have been adherents of Rush and other right wing propaganda for years operate with an astonishingly high level of unjustified certainty that they are right about everything.

You get people at parties or other casual conversations spouting right wing BS under the assumption that everyone present agrees with them or is an enemy of America. Now these people are rising into positions of power in The Party.

When you're convinced that what you are doing is indisputably right and righteous, you will defend your values by any means. You could ask the guys that flew the planes into the Pentagon and Twin Towers if they hadn't disintegrated. Islam is under attack, any means should be employed to reach the ends of defending the Faith.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Until he can't.  I doubt Rudy's assistants are as willing to work without pay.

I would also assume any decent legal help for Guiliani is going to require money upfront. I'm sure he can find free help but it would be at his level and not very competent.

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would also assume any decent legal help for Guiliani is going to require money upfront. I'm sure he can find free help but it would be at his level and not very competent.

Thats kind of how the entire Trump circle/GOP works. incompetence and  galatic stupidity would appear to be highly sought after qualities. lacking either of those, a predilection for grifting will suffice. 

46 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Manafort, Stone, and Flynn are all walking free, but we are still posting gritty gifs. The next Donald associate who "finds out" will be the first. 

It's been seven whole months since the Trump crime organization was turned out. I guess if there are no convictions now there never will be. 

I'm willing to give it time. With the AG's office in Trump's pocket, it was hard as hell getting anything done. There's a new sherriff in town.

Naming Manafort, Stone, and Flynn actually diminishes your argument. They were convicted when Trump was president. They did find out. Then they were pardoned by President Shitball. There is no safety net now. There is no protection for potential witnesses placed under pressure of indictment.

Plus, fuck around and findout wasn't limited to convictions. Rudy did indeed fuck around and find out that he could lose his law license. Any lawyer here want to argue that it's no big deal? Shame is finding out.

The republic isn't safe by any means, but it's been put into a position to at least strike a few blows.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's been seven whole months since the Trump crime organization was turned out. I guess if there are no convictions now there never will be. 

I'm willing to give it time. With the AG's office in Trump's pocket, it was hard as hell getting anything done. There's a new sherriff in town.

Naming Manafort, Stone, and Flynn actually diminishes your argument. They were convicted when Trump was president. They did find out. Then they were pardoned by President Shitball. There is no safety net now. There is no protection for potential witnesses placed under pressure of indictment.

Plus, fuck around and findout wasn't limited to convictions. Rudy did indeed fuck around and find out that he could lose his law license. Any lawyer here want to argue that it's no big deal? Shame is finding out.

The republic isn't safe by any means, but it's been put into a position to at least strike a few blows.

Right, so we agree, the next criminal associated with Donald who finds out will be the first. I don't consider Manafort, Flynn and Stone to have found out as they are free and still stirring the pot. If Rudy's law license is the worst that happens to him, then shame on us. Mueller, Ukraine, find the votes in Georgia! all require heads on pikes, not a suspended law license from a hack who nobody gives a shit about 

11 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Mueller, Ukraine, find the votes in Georgia! all require heads on pikes, not a suspended law license from a hack who nobody gives a shit about 

He tried to get the DOJ to help him overthrow the election. 

Meanwhile,

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-woman-faces-jail-time-convicted-voting-illegally/story?id=78343619

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Right, so we agree, the next criminal associated with Donald who finds out will be the first. I don't consider Manafort, Flynn and Stone to have found out as they are free and still stirring the pot. If Rudy's law license is the worst that happens to him, then shame on us. Mueller, Ukraine, find the votes in Georgia! all require heads on pikes, not a suspended law license from a hack who nobody gives a shit about 

Actually, we don't agree, but I don't see any reason to keep beating it, Doc.

9 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Manafort, Stone, and Flynn are all walking free, but we are still posting gritty gifs. The next Donald associate who "finds out" will be the first. 

How about we count the score at the end of the game to see who won instead of the middle of the first quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

How about we count the score at the end of the game to see who won instead of the middle of the first quarter.

Okay? Maybe at the end of the game the gritty meme/gif will actually make sense instead of claiming they found out in the middle of the first quarter. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Okay? Maybe at the end of the game the gritty meme/gif will actually make sense instead of claiming they found out in the middle of the first quarter. 

It is not for you to determine whether the gritty usage is for fucking around or finding out. It’s kinda like schröedinger’s cat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

good news is, it looks like soon we will be paying for his housing, clothing, and 3 meals a day. I bet he can work off some of that debt in the laundry.