Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So he said no definitively or he hasn’t yet given an answer and there was a deadline and they are assuming it’s a no? I am surprised no one even out right asked him in the media. I’m just frustrated and confused. I appreciate all the inside knowledge we seem to have here. Just trying to pivot and gear up for what I hope is a thorough HC search with multiple candidates and some transparency for the fans. If they keep Herman. I am gone. 

It's over. Good effort 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

No could mean no.  No could also mean what more can you give me?  More money?  More control?  Certainly doesn’t feel good to hear ‘No’, but I wouldn’t go jumping off a bridge yet, but keep that heat on your desktops locked and loaded.

Damn, you caught me right at the ledge 

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’ll take any of the shitty Plan C names mentioned here over the last two weeks over another year of Herman. 

I’ll take Napier, Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal, Sark, Franklin, Malzhan, and even Jeff Fucking Fisher over another year of Herman. 

how about the Coastal Carolina dude?

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

The fact that I have data to prove people are more excited to fire Tom Herman than they are about football games we play is proof this program is on life support. I have a really hard time believing that CDC and UT admin don't see it as well. 

They do, as do the boosters. All parties involved know how important the next hire is.

Imo, that is a double-edged sword. On one hand, you will have a united drive to find the guy and setting a goal to have everyone all-in on him in order to give him what he needs to make this place what it was again. On the other, the process to get said point is going to be marred in ugly disagreements that may ultimately set us up to fail if we don't reach a conclusion.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’ll take any of the shitty Plan C names mentioned here over the last two weeks over another year of Herman. 

I’ll take Napier, Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal, Sark, Franklin, Malzhan, and even Jeff Fucking Fisher over another year of Herman. 

The problem with those names is there is 30 plus million in up front costs with all of the buyouts. This isn’t a decision of “are they better than Herman” it’s can you get the cash to execute. CDC cannot just fire Herman and then be ensured he has the tens of millions to change coaches. He needs a name the BMDs will agree to first. Herman will be the Texas coach likely through NSD1 at least now. 

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So he said no definitively or he hasn’t yet given an answer and there was a deadline and they are assuming it’s a no? I am surprised no one even out right asked him in the media. I’m just frustrated and confused. I appreciate all the inside knowledge we seem to have here. Just trying to pivot and gear up for what I hope is a thorough HC search with multiple candidates and some transparency for the fans. If they keep Herman. I am gone. 

In times like these we all need to stick together for the greater good.   Go hard into what you do best.   Nikki, you got sandwiches and tits.  Bring em on.   I'm gonna go for next handle of booze.  God love and God bless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

If Herman is back we doomed.  Honestly most of the box buyers will buy no matter how shitty the team is, based on the guys I know, but the casual fans are going to flee.  I watched maybe four full games this season, one after OU.  So if revenue is the concern they don’t need to make a. Change.  If winning is there will be a change.

I "watched" all of our games but fuck me if I can remember any of them. 

Are we sure this isn’t just a giant echo chamber?
BMD who is not high up enough hears about Barton article because it’s making the rounds on Twitter —> tells his friend, they tell people/post on forums etc.
While we can’t trust 9.95ers for shit, the one source Burton has talked about hasn’t changed his stance. Feel like we gotta wait for the official word here. Either we hear Herman gets a vote of confidence, that the pursuit has a new target, or we keep the assumption that Urbs is still in play.
We've already established that there are Tweeters that are using this thread as their source that we are quoting. Shit's all full circle and ridiculous.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
7 minutes ago, Octavian said:
Are we sure this isn’t just a giant echo chamber?
BMD who is not high up enough hears about Barton article because it’s making the rounds on Twitter —> tells his friend, they tell people/post on forums etc.
While we can’t trust 9.95ers for shit, the one source Burton has talked about hasn’t changed his stance. Feel like we gotta wait for the official word here. Either we hear Herman gets a vote of confidence, that the pursuit has a new target, or we keep the assumption that Urbs is still in play.

Read more  

We've already established that there are Tweeters that are using this thread as their source that we are quoting. Shit's all full circle and ridiculous.

It’s because we care more.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

I "watched" all of our games but fuck me if I can remember any of them. 

I actually have watched every game this year. Some with varying levels of interest and support. I straight up didn't watch the Baylor game last year because I was so disgusted by that point.

Really hard for me to believe a 56-year-old successful college coach is going to hang it up for the rest of his life. Maybe Meyer said no, or maybe he hasn’t said shit and the $9.95 titty babies are guessing at the silence like the rest of us. But if he’s definitively said “no,” the health reason, which he gave when he left Florida a decade ago, smells like horseshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don’t know why people listen to some random $9.95er. So an underling says he thinks it’s off but yields to his superior who has not commented. And since they don’t know shit when Meyer signs the boss man will say he heard positive news. So they convince themselves they maintain credibility that way. They know nothing. Subscribers need to be fed. So they feed them the only thing they have BS

Edited by alphahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Really hard for me to believe a 56-year-old successful college coach is going to hang it up for the rest of his life. Maybe Meyer said no, or maybe he hasn’t said shit and the $9.95 titty babies are guessing at the silence like the rest of us. But if he’s definitively said “no,” the health reason, which he gave when he left Florida a decade ago, smells like horseshit. 

I don’t necessarily disagree, but I know a lot of guys who were successful that retired in their early/mid 50’s. Some continued to do what they did under contract. Sort of when they wanted to work. Others deep sea fish all day and never looked back.

2 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Ok... been gone for several hours... looks like you are all saying Urbs is a no go? What are we basing that off of? That Herman hasn't been fired yet?  (Hint... he's not getting fired until after regular season is over, if at all. You can't let Charlie finish his season but not Herman.)

image.thumb.png.eccf260ec2c99749225381f83f30509c.png

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I mean nahlin sell subscriptions and if I wanted to get it to take off I’d say “fuck I just heard it’s health reasons”. Then like 2 hours say “just heard he’s back in the game and it’s 50/50”.. I think IT knows most of you guys eat up the bullshit dished out. 

The only counterpoint to this is that intentionally reporting false information hurts their rep, which is their biggest asset as "insiders"

34 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah. Unless CDC lowballed Urban, wouldn’t let him hire his own staff, or did some stupid shit like this, I’m not sure you pin this CDC. 

We will never be told the details if it failed. No one does that. Its all designed to save face for all parties.

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.

again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 

• Haha 5
  • Fuck You 10

Agree. We have heard numerous times it’s a done deal just working out the details. We all got hard and couldn’t wait for the announcement. No we hear it’s a no and we all inch up to the ledge. I’m not done on Urban yet. 

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

that was heart,  spider cyst was OSU, my guess is it might be lower back or tweaked a hammy this time.

• Haha 1

Just now, futureman said:

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.

again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 

11.gif.dda48419d634a8cf95729832e74120ed.gif

12 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Welp since we’re saddled with Mensa next year and we all know how to smoke and correctly slice a brisket could I get thoughts on the best methods for cooking Brussels sprouts? Had some at Longhorn Steakhouse a year or so ago that really turned me on and have been feverishly attempting to replicate something similar. Thanks in advance for serious replies.

Fry them.

Or if you're looking for something a little less labor intensive and brassica-newbie friendly, I suggest these oven roasted sprouts.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

get out GIF

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic