Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

46 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Haha, no worries. Whether your posts are straight truth or complete bullshit, I enjoy your content. Perhaps one day we can race in a 40 yd dash.

Winner gets a bottle of bourbon (not that Jack Daniels garbage)

That's not bourbon. Go back 300 or so pages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Trim the brisket. Follow the GOD himself 

Then nothing but salt and pepper. Most do 50/50 but I like 2 parts pepper to 1 part salt. Get your smoker to 250 and throw that bitch on and get ready to wait/drink (typically an hour per pound, I’m thinking this will take right at 12 hours). Normally I smoke on my offset but its a Tuesday and I’m not trying to stay up all night so it’s going on the Traeger 

C02368D8-D74F-4823-92B0-DA120171C939.jpeg

When smoker is sitting 250. Throw that shit on with the fat side towards the smoke box or hottest part of the smoker. Make sure you got a lot of water for moisture and then pour a thick drink and wait

75C7A82A-B29B-4A0C-8F97-37D4D11886B9.jpeg

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Apparently Tom and Michelle were flying somewhere on a BMD's jet for vacation. Both were hammered and fighting. Michelle tried to open the hatch of the plane while in flight

Depending on BMD kick in for buy out.  Michelle opening the hatch may have saved BMD couple million? 

Nah not impossible. Watch bbq with Franklin on YouTube and expect  your first couple briskets to be crappy. Then you’ll keep getting better. Also hit my PMs

Once you get it down, the only thing impossible is explaining to someone new to it exactly how simple it really is. Learn how to manage your pit/fire and you’re about set.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

A few years ago, it appears the chickens had gotten close to hiring turtle-tom, so he had already talked to South Carolina a bunch in one of SC's previous coach-search cycle:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/usatoday-details-happened-tom-herman-south-carolina/

And they already have an article up about what has happened so far tonight with what Sapakoff said to Finebaum about this latest SC coaching opening and turtle-tom's interest -- it goes a little more into detail than that twitter clip:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/tom-herman-reportedly-contacted-sec-ad-about-coaching-vacancy/

"“I didn’t say he quite begged, he did call, I’ve got good sources that said that,” Sapakoff said. “To kind of refresh you Paul, he was somebody that South Carolina coveted when they hired Will Muschamp, they wanted him, he was the hottest candidate of that coaching cycle. But he wisely chose Texas and then you go to Kirby Smart, he’s going to go to his alma mater, Georgia. They considered (Justin) Fuente, he went to Virginia Tech. And so there was some Ray Tanner discussions way back then. I think Tom Herman, I’ve got a lot of people I know at the University of Texas too, and he sees what was possibly coming this year and what is really coming next year and that is he is No. 1 on the hot seat. Especially with the way Jimbo’s recruiting at Texas A&M and what’s going on at TCU. Longhorn Nation’s not putting up with that. I think he was looking to get out ahead of the posse.”

What the fuck is going on at TCU?  Other than shitty country music.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Once you get it down, the only thing impossible is explaining to someone new to it exactly how simple it really is. Learn how to manage your pit/fire and you’re about set.

Uncle Buck, I agree brisket is not hard. Only winning is very very difficult.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jinx said:

Goddammit!!  I hate every thread on this site right now.  Should I start a new thread for that? Can this admin please shit or get off the fucking pot. Soooooooooooo fucking sick of it.  

Fucking this. I can’t get any work done but I hate this thread with all my being. What in the actual fuck are they doing to my beloved fucking team?!?! Holy Shit! Where’s the Tylenol?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

A few years ago, it appears the chickens had gotten close to hiring turtle-tom, so he had already talked to South Carolina a bunch in one of SC's previous coach-search cycle:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/usatoday-details-happened-tom-herman-south-carolina/

And they already have an article up about what has happened so far tonight with what Sapakoff said to Finebaum about this latest SC coaching opening and turtle-tom's interest -- it goes a little more into detail than that twitter clip:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/tom-herman-reportedly-contacted-sec-ad-about-coaching-vacancy/

"“I didn’t say he quite begged, he did call, I’ve got good sources that said that,” Sapakoff said. “To kind of refresh you Paul, he was somebody that South Carolina coveted when they hired Will Muschamp, they wanted him, he was the hottest candidate of that coaching cycle. But he wisely chose Texas and then you go to Kirby Smart, he’s going to go to his alma mater, Georgia. They considered (Justin) Fuente, he went to Virginia Tech. And so there was some Ray Tanner discussions way back then. I think Tom Herman, I’ve got a lot of people I know at the University of Texas too, and he sees what was possibly coming this year and what is really coming next year and that is he is No. 1 on the hot seat. Especially with the way Jimbo’s recruiting at Texas A&M and what’s going on at TCU. Longhorn Nation’s not putting up with that. I think he was looking to get out ahead of the posse.

Interesting. Thanks.  I looked up Sapakoff. Seems to be a respected journalist (no oxymoron) who covers USC and is not a 995er.  Seems likely to me that this is true, and that the source is Beamer, the new USC coach, who Sapakoff would know from Beamers first go round there.    So Beamer is coming from OU.  I can think of a reason why people he knows might want that story out.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

“Happy”???

Of course I’m scared. You think I’m reluctant because I’m happy?!

52 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Haha, no worries. Whether your posts are straight truth or complete bullshit, I enjoy your content. Perhaps one day we can race in a 40 yd dash.

Winner gets a bottle of bourbon (not that Jack Daniels garbage)

I pulled a day trip to Austin and back today. Had a meeting with a firm we’re closing on. Had a little extra time and scouted out some sprint areas near the stadium. I’m gearing up for the Surly 40-Off the first game of the 2021 season. I’m also pondering reconnecting with some of my boys from the Dena in the inevitable event that hornfromdallas or whatever the fuck Carl goes by now shows up with his buddies from Primerica in order to jump me. Should be a great time. 

Also, Jack is for once you’re bombed. Any pro knows this. I’m on Knob Creek Rye for a Manhattan tonight. Jack is for bad weekends and miserable occasions. I am playing golf with @SydneyCarton on Friday, so that should qualify. Especially if that fucker brings skoal.  

13 minutes ago, stork642 said:

cat cartwheel GIF

If anyone knows where the post is and can repaste it or link it, I’d appreciate it. I found one from another site but nothing here. 

6 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

Guess Michelle didn't realize it's impossible to open a pressurized jet door at FL 320. It takes over 1/2 a ton pressure per square foot. You would need to be drunk or stoned to attempt that!

I’ve seen the documentary called “Passenger 57”, and I don’t believe you’re correct based on that data. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I pulled a day trip to Austin and back today. Had a meeting with a firm we’re closing on. Had a little extra time and scouted out some sprint areas near the stadium. I’m gearing up for the Surly 40-Off the first game of the 2021 season. I’m also pondering reconnecting with some of my boys from the Dena in the inevitable event that hornfromdallas or whatever the fuck Carl goes by now shows up with his buddies from Primerica in order to jump me. Should be a great time. 

Also, Jack is for once you’re bombed. Any pro knows this. I’m on Knob Creek Rye for a Manhattan tonight. Jack is for bad weekends and miserable occasions. I am playing golf with @SydneyCarton on Friday, so that should qualify. Especially if that fucker brings skoal.  

If anyone knows where the post is and can repaste it or link it, I’d appreciate it. I found one from another site but nothing here. 

I’ve seen the documentary called “Passenger 57”, and I don’t believe you’re correct based on that data. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Air is a fluid like water.  I'm not sure ,but If we had any hydraulics experts on here maybe they could confirm.  I'm just speaking from pilot perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m in hydraulics. 

Ok, I'll play. Commercial aircraft are pressurized at 8,000 MSL. So we were talking FL 320-350 at cruising altitude in fake boobs case. Big pressure differential. So I would guess at an altitude of  8,000 MSL and lower speed  the pressure differential is minimal and you could open the door. 

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been stockpiling. Prepare your anus. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Soooo to cap up the last hour: boobs, booze, airplane stuff, Finebaum (WTF), more liquor, meat and music. Nicely done!

For no apparent reason my favorite classic car (yeh Supernatural seasons 1-5 was my jam—-eye candy for me 😃😞

D3FDB198-32FE-4539-9F1B-90D8CD355A22.gif

It's all we got. Does anyone have any updates? I texted my friend that is connected to BMD's in Dallas and Houston. He has no updates which is good in that I think they are keeping a lid on info. 

7 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

Ok, I'll play. Commercial aircraft are pressurized at 8,000 MSL. So we were talking FL 320-350 at cruising altitude in fake boobs case. Big pressure differential. So I would guess at an altitude of  8,000 MSL and lower speed  the pressure differential is minimal and you could open the door. 

D.B. Cooper jumped the fuck out.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Knewk210 said:

It's all we got. Does anyone have any updates? I texted my friend that is connected to BMD's in Dallas and Houston. He has no updates which is good in that I think they are keeping a lid on info. 

I already posted the little I do know. If I find out anything remotely post worthy I will do so. Or would y'all rather have more pictures? Decisions, decisions. Lol. Having a nice glass of Alberino wine and posting. Nothing beats this thread. 

6 minutes ago, Knewk210 said:

Or perhaps there are no updates.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I already posted the little I do know. If I find out anything remotely post worthy I will do so. Or would y'all rather have more pictures? Decisions, decisions. Lol. Having a nice glass of Alberino wine and posting. Nothing beats this thread. 

There. Right there was where you fucked up. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Caddox said:

CDC was trying to do Herman a solid. Herman kept asking for a vote of confidence and CDC relented against the wishes of other people involved. 

I’ve heard this as well. For about 3 or 4 weeks. And it’s not connected to this board nor the voices in my head. So there is that. 
this is the extent of what I’ve heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic