Shohei Ohtani

Firemans4Horn

48 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Man every time the MLB has something new and exciting to help bring in fans it always blows up in their face. 

I dunno what you're talking about, this is some highly entertaining shit. Great memes.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

I'm gonna f'n laugh my ass off if wonderboy was making the bets. They are obviously lying about some shit as evidenced by the spokesman first saying Ohtani knew it was for gambling, before they reversed course and said Ohtani had no knowledge. at best, Ohtani needs to hire better people. And he's some friend to cover a $4.5M debt for a pal. 

If this is how it went down, I don't think he paid off the $4.5m cuz they're friends. He paid it off because not paying it off is an even worse option for everyone involved.

We might have never known about any of this if the feds hadn't gotten interested in this particular bookie.

14 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I dunno what you're talking about, this is some highly entertaining shit. Great memes.

plus it has the potential to fuck the dodgers sideways, so I cant hate it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is there any way to compel the bookie to reveal if there were bets on baseball? That detail seems irrelevant to the FBI. If not then there are hundreds of millions of reasons it would never come out. 

Edited by Huckleberry

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Is there any way to compel the bookie to reveal if there were bets on baseball? That detail seems irrelevant to the FBI. If not then there are hundreds of millions of reasons it would never come out. 

Sounds like they have the bookie dead to rights on accepting $4.5m+ in illegal bets. I bet they can compel him to say a whole lot.

37 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Sounds like they have the bookie dead to rights on accepting $4.5m+ in illegal bets. I bet they can compel him to say a whole lot.

But why would they care what sport it was on? That's what I mean by irrelevant to the FBI. They have no reason to give enough of a shit to ask. 

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

But why would they care what sport it was on? That's what I mean by irrelevant to the FBI. They have no reason to give enough of a shit to ask. 

If he is rigging games it's 1000000x worse than betting on premier league games

Lol.  Now we know why he got married to a woman he probably doesn’t even know.  All to deflect attention from the storm he knew was headed his way.  I don’t recall him ever being seen with this woman, or any other woman for that matter and all the sudden he’s married?  Remember Shohei, the cover up is usually worse than the crime. Throwing your interpreter under the bus is not a good look. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

There's also the possibility of Ohtani or his interpreter guy exchanging inside info to the illegal bookie in exchange for lowering his debt. Even if they didn't place bets on baseball, that would be a huge deal.

People dont understand that while Pete Rose technically never bet AGAINST the Reds, the fact that he would bet for them 9 games out of 10 draws suspicion about the 10th game out of the 10 and the opportunity that gave his debtors to load up

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/21/2024 at 8:42 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

D’ohtani?

the seemingly immediate karmic retribution to LAD, mlb, and ohtani for that contract is heartwarming. We shall see if there are any teeth to come or they scheme their way clear of it. 

Shoeless Sho?

• Haha 2