Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

The statement by son-in-law, Jared, must have set Noel off. He's got a thread going into some back story regarding Jared, Jared's Dad, Trump and Christie. I know Casler worked with The Apprentice, but is he for real? I usually just look at his quips regarding the WH stuff that is amusing.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

First it was the nuns. Now it's the Amish. Any prop bets on the next oddball group in the background tomorrow? 

Anyone other than the queens and the coons and the reds and the Jews.

Who let all of this riff raff into the room?

tumblr_m123reTHWK1qcf707o1_500.gifspacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/anonymous-republican-donald-trump.html

TLDR: Republicans are spineless, selfish sewage runoff
This was a great line, though:

When I called recently to ask what he thought about Trump’s altering his campaign operation, he compared it to “changing the kind of surfboard you’re going to use in a tsunami.” 
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just watched the whole 60 minutes episode.  I hate Trump, but I will say I thought Leslie was overly combative and baiting.  Especially in contrast to Norah’s interview with Biden.  She could have asked the questions in a less condescending way.  Unfortunately it adds legitimacy to his fake news narrative.   

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The statement by son-in-law, Jared, must have set Noel off. He's got a thread going into some back story regarding Jared, Jared's Dad, Trump and Christie. I know Casler worked with The Apprentice, but is he for real? I usually just look at his quips regarding the WH stuff that is amusing.

Pardoning Kushner’s dad would be out of control. As long as he doesn’t pardon Kushner too, and he goes to prison forever, I think I’d take that trade. 

15 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I just watched the whole 60 minutes episode.  I hate Trump, but I will say I thought Leslie was overly combative and baiting.  Especially in contrast to Norah’s interview with Biden.  She could have asked the questions in a less condescending way.  Unfortunately it adds legitimacy to his fake news narrative.   

Oh my god shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Whoa.  OK.  Did you read what I wrote?

I’m guessing it’s the bourbon talking.

I don’t think she was overly antagonistic. She actually seemed kind of sweet in how she politely disagreed with his gaslighting and attempts to bully her.

It’s only because Biden wasn’t overtly hostile and disrespectful that Nora seemed friendlier.
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

There is no legitimacy to his fake news narrative. None. Anybody with a fucking brain knows its bullshit. Are you under the impression that somebody would watch that 60 minutes episode after 4 years of his idiotic bullshit and suddenly be swayed that maybe Trump is right after all? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Blotto said:

There is no legitimacy to his fake news narrative. None. Anybody with a fucking brain knows its bullshit. Are you under the impression that somebody would watch that 60 minutes episode after 4 years of his idiotic bullshit and suddenly be swayed that maybe Trump is right after all? 

Not that you (or most anyone here) disagrees, but there was nothing even remotely "TOUGH" about her questions.  She was literally asking about line items on his CV/resume.  My first job interview as a 16 YO to flip burgers at Wendy's was more difficult.  It's his fault he's fucked everything up and left a trail of destruction behind him.

• Hook 'Em 3

There have been quite a lot of covid infections around the President. Most of them among old and/or unhealthy people. Yet no deaths yet. We know Trump got experimental early treatment. Is everyone around him getting the same?  What saved Christie?  Had Christie caught covid in the first NY/NJ outbreak, he would have been near guaranteed to die.

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

It's not just that I don't agree with you, it is just that I don't understand how you could walk away with that impression.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There have been quite a lot of covid infections around the President. Most of them among old and/or unhealthy people. Yet no deaths yet. We know Trump got experimental early treatment. Is everyone around him getting the same?  What saved Christie?  Had Christie caught covid in the first NY/NJ outbreak, he would have been near guaranteed to die.

Christie also got experimental drugs, he confirmed himself. 

i do think the current strain is less lethal than we saw back in the spring/early summer. it's mutated, perhaps so it no longer kills its host so quickly - isn't that what organisms do? 

anyways, every VIP is getting special experimental treatment that us plebes can't get. however...it didn't seem to work for Herman Cain. who the fuck knows. 

and that Lincoln Project ad above can get fucked. i'm in a bad mood tonight, today sucked.  

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I absolutely agree that there is no legitimacy to it.  But the tenor of the interview, should you already lean toward that false narrative, provide.s fodder.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck that.

Trump’s behavior is so outrageous and deceitful. Lesley Stahl could have kissed the ring and he would have cried about something.

Bending over backwards to be “fair” to his nonsensical garbage is what got us here - legitimizing his lies and trash as not to give him something to bitch about is cowardly.

You don’t beat a bully by accommodating him in hopes he’ll stop stealing your lunch money; you punch him in the face.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

Christie also got experimental drugs, he confirmed himself. 

i do think the current strain is less lethal than we saw back in the spring/early summer. it's mutated, perhaps so it no longer kills its host so quickly - isn't that what organisms do? 

anyways, every VIP is getting special experimental treatment that us plebes can't get. however...it didn't seem to work for Herman Cain. who the fuck knows. 

and that Lincoln Project ad above can get fucked. i'm in a bad mood tonight, today sucked.  

Herman Cain was in the outer circle, not the inner circle. Plus, Trump didn't have it himself yet. He doesn't give a fuck about other people. Christie may have also benefited from being a white guy in the inner circle versus a black guy in the outer circle, but he absolutely benefitted from getting it after Trump. 

I know a few people that were hospitalized with it in the first outbreak.  One of my best friends spent 2 weeks in the hospital himself and almost lost his wife to it. If there is a potential cure, then give it to everyone.  Instead, we only know early intervention matters. And expensive early intervention matters even more.  And we also know hospitals turn people away when they arent "bad enough."  Meanwhile I know Trump and Christie were practically asymptomatic on admission. Trump is going to get over the top care, and sadly, he deserves it as President. Christie is probably on private insurance.  Do we know his provider?  If so, every other person on his same insurance should be able to sue that insurer over the disparity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I don't think that's necessarily true.  I believe I recall something like 8% of hospitalized patients die, and of those who head to the ICU, 25% die.  75% who go on a ventilator die.

I might be off on these numbers, but if not, then he had a pretty decent shot at surviving had he not needed a vent.  Of course, giant fatass likely diabetic asthmatics probably go to the ICU more than most, so yeah. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’ve thought about this before. Imagine if you really hated FDR, what a nightmare those years would’ve been.

I could be wrong, I was a really little kid when this show was on, but I'm pretty sure Archie Bunker hated FDR for this very reason.

Edited by shakahorn

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

One of the questions was "Why do you want this job?"

The rest were:

• Are you ready for tough questions?
  • What is your plan for dealing with the #1 issue this election cycle, the pandemic?
  • You promised a health care plan in April and now it's October, where is it?"
  • Do you understand why people are upset with the Police?
  • Why do you spread conspiracy theories?

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1