Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

"But his laptop!" is the new "But her emails!"

Trump's personal attorney is in close contact with Russians on fucking Election Day?  Yeah, well Hunter Biden may have gotten money from a foreign government while he was a private citizen and that's clearly like 5 times worse because Tucker Carlson told me so and he's a great journalist who exposes stories the rest of the mainstream media hardly talks about just because there's no merit to them.

28 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Being real for a moment, what does a Trump concession speech sound like?  Surely his handlers will make him go out there and say something right? 

Obviously it’s more traditional and in the grand scheme means very little, but has there ever been a president who did not ultimately concede?

Haven't you been paying attention? Trump has already said the only way he can lose is if the election is rigged. He's openly broadcasting his intent to steal the election in the courts. He's a narcissist and a sociopath. Dignity and class are not part of his DNA. A concession is impossible for him just like simple human decency and empathy are. 

He's going to use every lever of Presidential power to remain in office. If Biden wins and Trump is successfully removed from the White House, he will try to run a shadow presidency on Twitter and continually bitch and moan and air his grievances and victimhood. There will be tens of millions of Americans who will believe that the election was stolen. Things are going to get ugly. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Haven't you been paying attention? Trump has already said the only way he can lose is if the election is rigged. He's openly broadcasting his intent to steal the election in the courts. He's a narcissist and a sociopath. Dignity and class are not part of his DNA. A concession is impossible for him just like simple human decency and empathy are. 

He's going to use every lever of Presidential power to remain in office. If Biden wins and Trump is successfully removed from the White House, he will try to run a shadow presidency on Twitter and continually bitch and moan and air his grievances and victimhood. There will be tens of millions of Americans who will believe that the election was stolen. Things are going to get ugly. 

Earlier I noticed Ag is posting tweets from right wing pundits with election fraud, etc. They are all in on believing this is a red wave and any other result is wrong.

there was for sure something wrong with her either mentally or physically.  she disappeared early in the night, full lid from her campaign, and she didn't resurface until almost noon.  

I was relatively sober that night, I remember.  We had put our 18 month old down to sleep, wife watched with me until about 10:30p or so.  I waited up until about midnight when it was incredibly obvious he had won.  And just kinda shrugged it off like "meh, we're fucked either way."  Watched the news before work on Wednesday and it was like the world had melted away and nobody could find Sec. Clinton.  Little did we know that would probably be one of the most normal days of the last four years we'd have.  that would be considered a "nice morning" in 2020.  

I wanna skip ahead to what the concession/validation of EC/power transition/inauguration etc. will look like.  But I am not remotely as convinced as many of you that this thing is going for Biden.  A Texas EC voter told me this morning they already received a stern message not to broadcast any opinions about the election today, nor its results.  They are to keep a tight lid until 14 December he says.  I guess that's always been the case, just seemed like this round was more threatening.  I dunno.

36 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Earlier I noticed Ag is posting tweets from right wing pundits with election fraud, etc. They are all in on believing this is a red wave and any other result is wrong.

This is our concern Dude.  They are going to act on their perceived reality.  This reality doesn't actually exist.  This is dangerous.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

there was for sure something wrong with her either mentally or physically.  she disappeared early in the night, full lid from her campaign, and she didn't resurface until almost noon.  

Who gives a shit dude, take it to the Hillary will never be president thread with the 3 people who still obsess over her. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Who gives a shit dude, take it to the Hillary will never be president thread with the 3 people who still obsess over her. 

Read upthread for just one page, there were several posts about her concession speech/lack of concession speech.  I was merely continuing that string of thought contained with the last 1-2 pages of the thread.  If I had brought it up out of the blue, then you could bitch about it.  I didn't bring it up, nor did I pontificate on it for 10 posts.  Plus, it's appropriate to discuss it since we'll likely see something similar this evening.  This shit only happens once every four years, so people are gonna compare it to the last time it happened.  We're weird like that.  If you don't like it, I highly suggest not reading about the comparisons of Herman's last days to Strong's last days to Brown's last days to Mackovic's last days.  When something only happens every four years+, people are gonna draw comparisons to the last time it happened.  Trump's concession or lack thereof this week is gonna be a shitshow with no equal, was just setting a baseline.  If you're this wound up by 10am, you won't make it through the week.  Adieu...

Is that young girl to his right the older version of the girl that looks back at the camera while they wildfire engulfs that house in the famous meme?  

50 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is our concern Dude.  They are going to act on their perceived reality.  This reality doesn't actually exist.  This is dangerous.

That really is the source of my concern.

Seriously, I have an old MAGA friend out in CA.....his feed is filled with him and his friends convinced it will be a Trump landslide, and CA is AT WORST a tossup for him.  They live in a completely different reality.  Two different realities cannot co-exist after this election without real violence.

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

lol. What a coincidence that they "got tired" of Trump the day before he loses the election. Fuck Deutsche Bank.

Bank loan debt repayment vs govt asset forfeiture. 

DisastrousQualifiedArcticfox-small.gif

Can't be tired when you gotta be quick.

Edited by triplehorn

15 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

The cult has no trouble embracing both positions because they are a cult. Like the responses to the freed captive of Egypt, these people are pieces of shit who we have to live with.

America, fuck yea! The watched that movie and had no ear for the irony.

Donald Trump is the King of Malign Idiot World. He wants to set it afire in hopes of being the only one out of the fire exit. The burning cultists will weep with love as he farts on the way out to increase the heat. 

He must not be let off the hook. Period.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think she finally did late the next morning, about noon...which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way---including me.  

I understand that late Tuesday night, things were still in flux.  But by breakfast...you can pull your ass together and get downstairs to make the speech and move the country together.  She fucked whole day up royally.  If she can't stay up through election night, she can't say up through a serious crisis.  Of course, maybe they spent the early hours not recounting votes, but rather recounting Trump's chromosomes...because they kept coming up with 24.  And they just didn't think that was possible.  But here we are, America!  

What an idiotic, inch-deep analysis that has no factual basis in reality. Dumb shit like this is why we had four years of the Cheeto Chimp.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

What an idiotic, inch-deep analysis that has no factual basis in reality. Dumb shit like this is why we had four years of the Cheeto Chimp.

Inch-deep analysis of what?  Besides your mom?  She didn't concede until well into the next day.  I didn't like that.  What I don't like even more than that is the idiot Donald Trump so I worked hard to get him defeated in Texas.  I don't get your confusion, I guess.  I didn't like that Hillary didn't concede until lunchtime the next day, and because me---one guy in Texas---not liking that, Donald Trump served four years as President of the United States.  Am I missing something in your logic or basis in reality?  

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

DB is probably more freaked over the thought of Liz as Sec of Treasury than anything.

”knock, knock.”

”who’s there”

”finCEN”

”finCEN who?”

”you’re finCEN to get turned inside out.”

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  There needs to be a Deutsche Bank-focused guillotine when all is said and done.

image.gif.0e783bb7351f0e1bb8e412cbb45d3c9a.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF does Hillary's concession timing have to do with anything?

Literally half a dozen posts above my very first time referencing it, asked about it.  "When was it", "why did she wait so long", etc.  Several posts above my very first fucking mention of it and I made a couple of comments in the intra-thread thread.  And of course, because tone among whiny fuckers on here, mine gets latched onto .  She waited too long and Trump sucks ass.  Why can't this fucking website contain multitudes.  Fucking-A.  Four years of great bullshit on Trump and I gotta explain myself on Election Day.  Fuck the sensitive cunts on here.  

People long before me on this very fucking thread talked about her concession.  I chimed in with a couple of thoughts and also railed on Trump.  She sucks and he's the worst person on Earth.  I didn't pollute this thread with the firrst mention of her speech.  Seriously guys, eyes on the prize today.  Start a "fuck lobo" thread somewhere else, I was merely continuing a conversation that had already started.  Why can't some of you fuckers understand that?  The fucking Hillary drama never fucking ends with some of y'all.

Yeah, but you keep going back to it.  (I get it, I asked.  My bad.)

I don't know why it's such a black eye on her compared to all the other shitty things she did in that campaign, like ignoring several battleground states.  I mean, it literally had nothing to do with her loss.

Just now, Lobo said:

Inch-deep analysis of what?  Besides your mom?  She didn't concede until well into the next day.  I didn't like that.  What I don't like even more than that is the idiot Donald Trump so I worked hard to get him defeated in Texas.  I don't get your confusion, I guess.  I didn't like that Hillary didn't concede until lunchtime the next day, and because me---one guy in Texas---not liking that, Donald Trump served four years as President of the United States.  Am I missing something in your logic or basis in reality?  

On what planet do you live that Hillary "fucked the day up royally" because she didn't give a concession speech on your arbitrary timeline. I was a HRC supporter and I lived through that day as well and it never once occurred to me that she had to make a speech by a certain time or else, but maybe you're just a terrible misogynist? She couldn't "stay up through the night" so she wasn't fit to be president?

Do you not understand that she not only felt the loss personally but she also felt it for the many staunch women supporters eager to see a woman president? She knew that her concession speech was about them and not about asshole men like you who think she owed it to you to "bring the country together." FOH with that bullshit. Dumb takes like that is how we get shitty men elected president. 

Sorry for the rant y'all.

Fuck Donald Trump.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Jimmyjazz---You asked and Gourmond (who apparently thinks conceding after losing the EC by 77 votes is my arbitrary timeline despite a gap of that size being precedent for night of concession in the Republic for two centuries) and another person neg repped.  Im happy to get us back on track.  Let's fucking end it like we're gonna end Trumpism.

Moving on...Wisconsin coming with one bit of good news after the other.  

I would like to posit to the board...what would a trump concession actually look/sound like?  I mean, sarcasm aside.  And where does he do it?  It doesn't happen often with 1-term Presidents.  H.W. Bush did it from a Houston Hotel.  Not using the Oval Office as some whiny pulpit.  I respect that.  Jimmy Carter did it from a hotel ballroom as well, not from D.C.  I think Ford gave his from the White House Press Briefing room, not the Oval.  still it was very cordial and meant to spark bringing the nation back together again in the wake of Watergate/Vietnam.  

Trump's will be none of those things, we all know that.  But where will he do it from?  When will he do it?  Who will he be flanked by?  And how many times will he mention Obama spying on his last two campaigns? Please tell me a fucked up Guiliani will be there.  

Edited by Lobo

Trump getting interviewed in Virginia.  Press asking questions that effectively equal “Will there be a peaceful transition?”

He starts out with surprisingly normal answer.  Ten seconds later he singles out Philadelphia as a place that cheats in elections.  “The history of Philadelphia politics... No, I don’t put people on their honor code.”

9 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Ten seconds later he singles out Philadelphia as a place that cheats in elections.  “The history of Philadelphia politics... No, I don’t put people on their honor code.”

$100 he has no concept of the complete history of Philadelphia politics.  Yeesh, what a stooge.

7 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Trump getting interviewed in Virginia.  Press asking questions that effectively equal “Will there be a peaceful transition?”

He starts out with surprisingly normal answer.  Ten seconds later he singles out Philadelphia as a place that cheats in elections.  “The history of Philadelphia politics... No, I don’t put people on their honor code.”

If a Trump loss is certain, it's easy to imagine that the master negotiator will try to leverage a personal gain in exchange for peaceful transition. 'If you do/don't do X, I'll tell my people to stand down'. Everything is transactional and nothing's off the table. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

$100 he has no concept of the complete history of Philadelphia politics.  Yeesh, what a stooge.

I'll bet you $10,000 he has no concept of even a cursory history of Philadelphia politics.  

The guy fucking lived in Philly for 3 years and didn't even accidentally learn anything about it.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll bet you $10,000 he has no concept of even a cursory history of Philadelphia politics.  

The guy fucking lived in Philly for 3 years and didn't even accidentally learn anything about it.  

"The bell, a lot of people don't know this, but the bell they have a bell, it's big, a big bell, nobody has seen a bell so big, and we stopped the China virus."