Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

17 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Hey remember that time we got together as a nation and kicked Donald Trump out of the Oval Office?

That was pretty cool. They even rang church bells in Paris.

It's a fuckin embarrassment that OTHER countries that had no say in this election are happier about the results than half the American citizens.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Snacks said:

Ah, shit.... I just realized I'm going to my in-laws tomorrow and they are going to talk about this shit non-stop.

One of my best friends is in the hospital, dying (non-covid) and I'm going to listen to "Trump is stupid / Kamala is the greatest a car" talk all fucking day.

I mean... I'm glad we the people chose decency and a woman VP, but I do t want to hear it all fucking day.

Well playing off your last sentence, just tell them “I’m extremely glad and thankful that we made a choice to try and return to normal.  That normal includes not constantly discussing politics.  So let’s get on it.” 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's a fuckin embarrassment that OTHER countries that had no say in this election are happier about the results than half the American citizens.  

It has always fascinated and troubled me a bit how much interest other countries had in Trump.  Even before he started insulting their leaders and doing foolish shit on the world stage.

But, I have to confess a bit of a blind spot in that my violent dislike of Trump before the election made me really cut him unwarranted slack in the first six months or so.  Really hating someone is inconsistent with my personal values (and sobriety).  But, Lord, Trump tests me.  He surely does.

Apparently, though, there is some fear among Chinese expats outside the US that a Biden adminstration will be bad/worse for Hong Kong and Taiwan than Trump's.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It has always fascinated and troubled me a bit how much interest other countries had in Trump.  Even before he started insulting their leaders and doing foolish shit on the world stage.

But, I have to confess a bit of a blind spot in that my violent dislike of Trump before the election made me really cut him unwarranted slack in the first six months or so.  Really hating someone is inconsistent with my personal values (and sobriety).  But, Lord, Trump tests me.  He surely does.

Apparently, though, there is some fear among Chinese expats outside the US that a Biden adminstration will be bad/worse for Hong Kong and Taiwan than Trump's.

Many Taiwanese and Taiwanese-Americans supported Trump under the belief that he was more friendly to Taiwan than previous administrations, without recognizing the obvious that any perceived pro-Taiwan actions were just anti-China actions. The propaganda on Taiwan TV is Fox-like.  "No other US President sold us so many and so high-tech weapons!" 

Coupled with the buffoonery at the start of his administration, where he violated diplomatic protocol by taking a congratulatory from the Taiwanese president, many Taiwanese-Americans are very quiet one issue voters. Of course, the simpler explanation is that Trump didn't know that the "Republic of China" is different from the "People's Republic of China."

• Hook 'Em 1

the American Revolution of Boston had the Green Dragon Tavern in 1775.  

245 years later, the American Revolution, Part II has the Four Seasons Total Landscape Company of Philadelphia.

Very fitting the administration that caused my nation to lose its way, got lost itself in the birthplace of our nation.  

The in-car conversation of that advance team would be enough to build an entire netflix series around. 

"We just passed the Four Seasons Hotel."

"I know, but Waze says to continue on north to Lancaster." 

"This is an industrial warehouse complex.  What the fuck?  Rudy's team is 20 minutes behind us."

"I realize that Karen.  Let me pull over here and ask for directions.  Does that say Crematorium or Cream of Terry M.?"  

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Everything must go!

Surly patrons should chip in and buy this.  Think how much we could charge to take trumpkins for a 15 min ride around Mar largo.  Also, the savings for flying gametime banners basically pays for itself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Everything must go!

That paint scheme and helicopter are right out of the 80s.  Need to add wing stubs, missiles and a machine gun, and paint it completely black, black out the passenger windows, dig up Ernest Borgnine's corpse, and we can do some really cool shit with it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well Trump has decided to have rallies and rant about how the election was stolen.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-plans-to-revive-campaign-style-rallies-as-he-pursues-legal-challenges-to-election-results

The media should just call this

Trump's Farewell Tour

As much as it bothers me that tax payers will be footing these bills, maybe it will be a good thing to keep him on the road for the next few weeks instead of fucking up more of our government infrastructure. 

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Well Trump has decided to have rallies and rant about how the election was stolen.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-plans-to-revive-campaign-style-rallies-as-he-pursues-legal-challenges-to-election-results

The media should just call this

Trump's Farewell Tour

First rally to be held at the Ritz Carlton Plumbing Supply in Scranton.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

True dat.

I verily believe that social media presents a serious echo chamber problem.  Obviously, it is quite acute on the right.

I often wonder, though, how we're poisoning ourselves on this and related threads.  I don't believe there's much/any false information on this thread, unlike a lot of the echo chambers.  Still, I can't help but believe that it's unhealthy at some level to do this.  But it is "fun."

Had that asshole won another term, I was going to ask imma to ban me from CR so I could more effectively ignore the bastard.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

No doubt the market is up because he's mounting all these legal challenges, and Wall Street knows he's going to prevail. That must be in his next tweet. 

Or some batshit conspiracy, right? There has to be something following soon. That was almost, dare I say, magnanimous for his standards.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s been so nice to see this thread continually slip outside the Top 4-5 on this board this weekend.  
Let’s hope over the next few weeks and months it continues its fall down the page and -perhaps if we’re lucky- onto Page 2 and beyond.  

That ain’t happening. It’s going to be a rough 60 days.

42 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

It’s been so nice to see this thread continually slip outside the Top 4-5 on this board this weekend.  

Let’s hope over the next few weeks and months it continues its fall down the page and -perhaps if we’re lucky- onto Page 2 and beyond.  

Becoming the Jacob Wohl of Surly threads would seal the deal.

True dat.
I verily believe that social media presents a serious echo chamber problem.  Obviously, it is quite acute on the right.
I often wonder, though, how we're poisoning ourselves on this and related threads.  I don't believe there's much/any false information on this thread, unlike a lot of the echo chambers.  Still, I can't help but believe that it's unhealthy at some level to do this.  But it is "fun."
Had that asshole won another term, I was going to ask imma to ban me from CR so I could more effectively ignore the bastard.

There have been some ridiculous posts from “our side” on this thread like mostly unproven conspiracy theories. That said - nothing like the daily barrage of Q nut jobs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The four seasons event gets even more absurd (and troubling)

““I started watching it and all of a sudden I was like, ‘there’s New Jersey’s perennial candidate claiming to live in Philadelphia and Giuliani claiming him to be a poll watcher and Philadelphia resident," Trenton Mayor Reed Gusciora said in a phone interview.”

11 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Literally I have already received text messages from trumper friends indicating that Pfe did this to hurt trump.

Response for the religious nuts:  God spoke to the CEO of Pfizer and told him when to release the news.

Response for the Q crowd:  I have a friend who is pretty high up at Pfizer.  He told me they are expected to announce that Hillary is joining their Board in the next few days.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3