Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-05/trump-s-special-treatment-on-twitter-would-end-with-biden-win

I hadn't considered this in the event he losses. Would be pretty satisfying (but also rage inducing) to see his twitter account suspended just after inauguration for him doing the same bullshit as when he was in office.

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-05/trump-s-special-treatment-on-twitter-would-end-with-biden-win

I hadn't considered this in the event he losses. Would be pretty satisfying (but also rage inducing) to see his twitter account suspended just after inauguration for him doing the same bullshit as when he was in office.

Was about to post this. 

can’t wait 

Fukin big baby. That was probably his lowest rock bottom comments during the recent press conference. It rages me that he spreads these conspiracies and has been setting this “fraud cheating” excuse up for months all for his trumpers to eat up. Deep down he knows it isn’t fraud, but he is king of just throwing shit out and seeing if it sticks so his followers can run with it. No past pres would ever stoop this low...embarrassing af. Repubs need to get on his ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

He and his followers would go to Parler.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

"Mail in ballots are illegal" is not a winning argument even with trumps judges. "Fraud" is not a winning argument without evidence. If even a single SCOTUS judge votes to support him, they should be impeached, like immediately. 

There’s simply not a case out there filed that will challenge enough ballots in enough states for this to be a thing. It’s all over but the crying. We’re going to see crying for a while

With the way this is playing out, Murdoch is just going to further piss Trump off over the next few months and then Trump will be launching the long gestating Trump media or whatever. 

It is going to be morbidly fascinating how the battle for the right plays out. Trump will take the hardcore MAGA crowd with him to the new station and he will of course shit on the left. But he’ll also have a bone to pick with the establishment Republicans who will soon be doing everything they can to distance themselves from him and that will largely take place on Fox News. 

Who know how that play out but you can imagine it creating a schism for whatever Republican identity means at this point. 

^

Yeah, it's already a political and media cliche at this point that the losing party of a Presidential election has to have their "time in the woods" or the "post mortem" or the "electoral autopsy."  And this one won't end up a blowout for the GOP, but they will lose the POTUS by a decent margin (60-70 EC votes, placing it in the second quintile of closest elections---nowhere near the Top 10 of closest EC races). 

But 2020 and beyond are going to be different for that exercise because the rest of the Republicans did "okay" in 2020.  Held the Senate (barely) when that seemed all but lost a few weeks ago.  Made huge gains in the House.  And have a shiny, new 6-3 Supreme Court to drive around for the next four years (I see Breyer retiring in Biden's third year and being replaced by someone probably as liberal...but that does really nothing to the balance of power).  And most importantly for them, they retain their huge majority on state legislatures that will draw the all important 2021 maps based on this year's census.  

So my point is the only real thing for them to reflect on is Trump and his base.  That's the shitshow, as stated all over this thread.  They're demographically uneducated, but they're not stupid.  They are already watching in real time, the GOP actively and expeditiously abandon Trump.  I've often stated that I think the real ~20mm person fringe of his base may wish to cause harm to Biden voters.  But I realize after the last few days of watching almost zero Republicans come to the President's aide/defense.....that fringe base is going to turn on the rest of the GOP.  And maybe in violent ways.  The "they stole the election from our Messiah" rhetoric won't tamp down, but I see the percolation of "why did my party foresake my God-King?" sentiment rearing its ugly head and fast.  Anyway, next 10 weeks 'bout to get even uglier.  Have a good weekend everybody! 

His last four days of incessant whining and complaining...the man just oozes masculinity.  A true man's man in every sense of the word.  

Machismo, verility, ladishness, just absolute strength in every fiber of Trump's being.  Just to be around him, one gets the sense his T levels are off the charts high.  

I am just in awe of the strong leadership he emanates from his natural self.  What a true honor it has been to talk in his fucking shadow.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

^

Yeah, it's already a political and media cliche at this point that the losing party of a Presidential election has to have their "time in the woods" or the "post mortem" or the "electoral autopsy."  And this one won't end up a blowout for the GOP, but they will lose the POTUS by a decent margin (60-70 EC votes, placing it in the second quintile of closest elections---nowhere near the Top 10 of closest EC races). 

But 2020 and beyond are going to be different for that exercise because the rest of the Republicans did "okay" in 2020.  Held the Senate (barely) when that seemed all but lost a few weeks ago.  Made huge gains in the House.  And have a shiny, new 6-3 Supreme Court to drive around for the next four years (I see Breyer retiring in Biden's third year and being replaced by someone probably as liberal...but that does really nothing to the balance of power).  And most importantly for them, they retain their huge majority on state legislatures that will draw the all important 2021 maps based on this year's census.  

So my point is the only real thing for them to reflect on is Trump and his base.  That's the shitshow, as stated all over this thread.  They're demographically uneducated, but they're not stupid.  They are already watching in real time, the GOP actively and expeditiously abandon Trump.  I've often stated that I think the real ~20mm person fringe of his base may wish to cause harm to Biden voters.  But I realize after the last few days of watching almost zero Republicans come to the President's aide/defense.....that fringe base is going to turn on the rest of the GOP.  And maybe in violent ways.  The "they stole the election from our Messiah" rhetoric won't tamp down, but I see the percolation of "why did my party foresake my God-King?" sentiment rearing its ugly head and fast.  Anyway, next 10 weeks 'bout to get even uglier.  Have a good weekend everybody! 

agree with many points in your post.

I don't feel like Trump was ever "GOP."   It just happened to be the jersey he was wearing.  He was "not" Hillary, then it morphed into the cult following he has today. I never have thought of him as a Republican, and nothing has happened beyond the ballot label to support that.  The President's loss combined with your aforementioned wins by otherwise legit Republicans also builds on that notion.

I have friends and even co-workers that yesterday was especially challenging,  talking them down off the curb...  I wanted to LOL or grab them by the shoulders and do the "snap out of it" routine. People need to shake it off and get back to living. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  There's plenty on the left who are still stuck in 2016 waiting for some coronation that never happened.

The challenge for the GOP is start making work yesterday, with having compelling and unifying leadership that will not only come back stronger in 2024, but also hold the line in midterms of 2022.  I'm not optimistic on the POTUS candidate front... neither party has had jack shit for a decent candidate in the last 2 elections.  It's just voting for ( or against) certain teams when it comes to President.

Edited by slorch

22 hours ago, Bat Guano said:

I'm sure he's thinking, 'This is the greatest reality show in the history of TV. There's gotta be a way I can monetize it.'

I don't think he's really that cunning or intelligent.

Someone else would have to approach him to say "we can sell this."

His thinking is limited to "it's me," "it's got my name on it," people will love it and buy it.  He's made a pile of money with that thinking, and had a probably equal number of pretty spectacular failures.  After he discovered licensing (with an able assist from people smarter than he), he absorbed no financial risk in the bad deals.

Edited by TwiceHorn

52 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:
It moved too fast for me to catch much of it but there is some stupid shit in there like "started to build the wall".

"Begun building the wall" was the very first.

Should have said "Begun building the wall**"

Then at the bottom in fine print - "**replacing where wall already existed."

22 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't feel like Trump was ever "GOP."   It just happened to be the jersey he was wearing.  He was "not" Hillary, then it morphed into the cult following he has today. I never have thought of him as a Republican, and nothing has happened beyond the ballot label to support that.  The President's loss combined with your aforementioned wins by otherwise legit Republicans also builds on that notion.

I have friends and even co-workers that yesterday was especially challenging,  talking them down off the curb...  I wanted to LOL or grab them by the shoulders and do the "snap out of it" routine. People need to shake it off and get back to living. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  There's plenty on the left who are still stuck in 2016 waiting for some coronation that never happened.

The challenge for the GOP is start making work yesterday, with having compelling and unifying leadership that will not only come back stronger in 2024, but also hold the line in midterms of 2022.  I'm not optimistic on the POTUS candidate front... neither party has had jack shit for a decent candidate in the last 2 elections.  It's just voting for ( or against) certain teams when it comes to President.

I agree that Trump was never really GOP.

A lot of the Trumpers I know were disgusted with the GOP because they weren't "right enough."  RINOs and what not.  They wouldn't "say the quiet part out loud," is really about the best encapsulation of those people.

But the GOP really became Trump, there's no question about that.

And that is the kind of compromise that you can't come back from, or shouldn't be permitted to come back from.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

I disagree with you and Lobo. Trump was very much the GOP and will continue to be to the majority of the GOP's voter base.  A fringe group didn't get Trump to beat 16 GOP nominees in 2016.

Trump for four years had over a 95% approval rating from GOP persons polled.

There are now multiple Qanon pushers in the GOP in the House among those gains you made.

And finally, multiple people in the GOP absolutely have been defending Trump post election day.  Lindsey Graham is giving him money for his legal fund. Ted Cruz is defending him and his conspiracies on TV.

The rational moderate Republicans are the overwhelming minority of the GOP, even after Trump is gone.  The GOP isn't going back to the party of McCain/Bush/Romney.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Polls again.

I respect your perspective, but this election itself( local vs national) supports that many in the GOP didn't align with Trump.  People who initially supported him in 2016  had had enough of the same bullshit that his  opponents  and enemies disdained.  Hell, even in Cornyn polled better than Trump in Texas, and he had an actual viable opponent.  It was far from the exception.

Edited by slorch

34 minutes ago, troph said:

I can confirm it’s really really bad.

I miss my father terribly, but I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with his reaction to Trumpism.

My mother voted for The Donald in 2016 because she's a Republican voter.

Can confirm she just voted for a Democrat for the first time since LBJ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1