Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

What makes Sarah Sander’s think she’d be a good governor? She was horrible and really bad as a press secretary. 

It’s that special blend of ignorance and arrogance that characterizes the modern Republican. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What makes you think governing has anything to do with it?

Yeah, her entire career has been based on political grift. Her dad’s a piece of shit and that apple fell directly under the tree. She’s never known any life other than being a piece of shit just like her dad. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

It’s Arkansas. She just has to make sure kids aren’t book learned and Walmart doesn’t go out of business. 

It’s weird because, in his second run for governor, didn’t Bill Clinton focus a lot of his attention on education? Maybe I’m wrong but I think I recall that in his first term as governor he tried to do too much, and when he retook the office he made education his main policy goal. As POTUS he was definitely better for public education than Reagan and Bush (and Ohio governor Voinovich and tOSU president E. Gordon Gee, now the president at WVU) were. Fuck all those guys. 

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s weird because, in his second run for governor, didn’t Bill Clinton focus a lot of his attention on education? Maybe I’m wrong but I think I recall that in his first term as governor he tried to do too much, and when he retook the office he made education his main policy goal. As POTUS he was definitely better for public education than Reagan and Bush (and Ohio governor Voinovich and tOSU president E. Gordon Gee, now the president at WVU) were. Fuck all those guys. 

Too be fair, focusing on education in Arkansas just means the State budgets for lots of crayons and mimeograph paper.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:00 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Trump is still relevant to her would-be voters, and a governorship is probably the ceiling for her.  If she can win the Governor's position, she can use that for another position (probably House), and she can start stacking pensions when she hits retirement age.

The Huckabee business model is to use elected office as a springboard into book deals and shows on Fox.  That's what is going on here.

• 9 months later...

No one who worked for Donald Trump is immune from insults. You work for a schoolyard bully who does nothing but insult and denigrate everyone all the time, you sacrifice that protection. No decent person supports Donald Trump. So Sarah chose to open herself up to being called the fat lying cunt that she is because she wants to make a buck and get ahead in the political game. We’ve seen the darkness and the duplicity in her heart and she deserves no mercy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

They deserve her.  I have a distant cousin who works for an Arkansas tourism organization, and they are also involved with trying to  get people to move there.  If you’ve been on YouTube and seen ads about how amazing Arkansas is to live or visit, and how they make it out to be like some quaint place in New England,  they worked on that stuff  

They struggle with trying to overcome the image of their state leadership.  

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They deserve her.  I have a distant cousin who works for an Arkansas tourism organization, and they are also involved with trying to  get people to move there.  If you’ve been on YouTube and seen ads about how amazing Arkansas is to live or visit, and how they make it out to be like some quaint place in New England,  they worked on that stuff  

The unfortunate thing is - there are actually some beautiful forests and Ozarks in Arkansas

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There's Arkansas and there is Northwest Arkansas.  Might as well be an entirely different universe. 

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The unfortunate thing is - there are actually some beautiful forests and Ozarks in Arkansas

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is true.

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

There's Arkansas and there is Northwest Arkansas.  Might as well be an entirely different universe. 

They really push NW Arkansas, but a lot of the folks they want to (and could) attract get hung up on the politics, and Arkansas politicians are constantly doing shit that causes them headaches.  

It’s frustrating for them, because if they can get people to visit the region, people are impressed.  They’ve even benefited from exposure through the Ozark show on Netflix, even though it’s set mostly in Missouri (and filmed in Georgia).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm more familiar with southeastern Arkansas since I grew up across the state line, and um, yeah, lotta nope when it comes to ever going back to live on either side of the line. Too much Confederacy, too little Civility if you catch my drift.

You grew up in LA / MS?  I thought you said you were from WI or some other yankee place.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You grew up in LA / MS?  I thought you said you were from WI or some other yankee place.

No, I am an idiot with directions sometimes and wrote southeastern and meant southwestern--I grew up Okie. Have lived in various midwestern states including Wisconsin prior to moving to Texas when our oldest was small.

We used to travel to Siloam Springs and also Joplin, MO--my late father was fond of that area.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, CTC2 said:
Fuck that smashed in face POS

Come on man, just because yall don't see eye to eye or have some beef, or face asymmetrical differences ;doesn't mean you need resort to personal insults

As someone who survived a really bad case of the cancer, I still say fuck her.

• Hook 'Em 1