Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

15 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I tend to believe the negative coming out of China as at least honest, if possibly incorrect.  It doesn't fit the narrative.

Beijing tightens grip over coronavirus research, amid US-China row on virus origin

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/asia/china-coronavirus-research-restrictions-intl-hnk/index.html

Yeah, don't believe a damn thing no matter how it looks. It's the Chinese Communist Party.

• Like 5

I'd sworn I wasn't going to get on the soapbox, but screw it.
Small town America is what's going to to blow this thing into the stratosphere.
All of the hicks pricks and dicks are still not paying attention or believing this thing is for real.
Nacogdoches had a 460% increase between this Saturday and Sunday.  Sure, it only went from 10 to 46, but fuck people, they look at it like "46 ain't much y'all".  Stupid arrogant, soon to die, or put me and my family at risk mother fuckers...damn all of you ignorant, no precautionary pieces of shit.  Keep going out with no precautions, coughing, sneezing and hacking uncovered I hope you all burn in hell.

dd1f17d3d422c4d3cfadd989fd86ac93.jpg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

CNN has an interview with Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson, he explains their targeted approach and defends the state not issuing a stay-at-home order. He claims they been 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/politics/arkansas-governor-no-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus-cnntv/index.html

Godspeed with this Arkansas; I'm skeptical that the future of the nation may res ton Razorback nation.
NSIAP

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

All of the hicks pricks and dicks are still not paying attention or believing this thing is for real.

Nacogdoches had a 460% increase between this Saturday and Sunday.  Sure, it only went from 10 to 46, but fuck people, they look at it like "46 ain't much y'all".  Stupid arrogant, soon to die, or put me and my family at risk mother fuckers...damn all of you ignorant, no precautionary pieces of shit.  Keep going out with no precautions, coughing, sneezing and hacking uncovered I hope you all burn in hell.

Well I know all of the pulmonologist (3) in Nac and they are doing a great job of explaining, via social media, to residents the need for social distancing/staying home/wearing masks.  The sharp increase in numbers is due to more available testing and backlog on results. But I’m sure it’s the small towns that are going to take us all down.  It’s not like NY is a total shit show or anything.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My daughter, who is an RN in a large Texas hospital, got sent to the bench along with many others last week because the hospital is empty while they wait to be overrun by CV-19 patients.  I call bullshit.  We shall see.

Same with my RN wife and the hospital she works at.  Biggest hospital in the region is sitting nearly empty.

11 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

My daughter, who is an RN in a large Texas hospital, got sent to the bench along with many others last week because the hospital is empty while they wait to be overrun by CV-19 patients.  I call bullshit.  We shall see.

11 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

The same thing that has happened to my family and friends that work in the hospital there is no work and people are getting their hours cut.

11 hours ago, Brew said:

A number of the hospitals in TN have had rounds of layoffs and hour cutbacks. With no elective work going on, hospital revenue is down along with the need for employees. Stats say we are also peaking here in the next couple of days, so the hospital patient counts will likely remain low.

We are friends with a number of nurses and doctors and have been hearing the same.  It's been going on for a while.  At least one of the major Texas health chains is already sending out peer-reviews to evaluate layoffs after this is over.  They all probably will need to cut to some extent.  I think when it's all said and done we'll find out that TX and many other states implemented their shutdowns too early / aggressively.  ER trauma visits are way down as well, which is another revenue driver.

Edited by JBJ

10 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit on this. 

Small town America keeps social distances naturally.  Everyone likes their personal space and most people have houses and yards if not large pieces of property.  We don't live right on top of each other like happens in cities.  The small town where my relatives live has a total of 2 cases in the entire county (out of 20,000) and the larger city where I live has less than 350 cases and 7 total deaths out of a total of approximately 500,000 people in this county and the neighboring one.  And it isn't lack of testing resulting in those numbers.

People here are taking it serious at different levels, but there is still a lot of the things going on that brings angst on this thread.  As I mentioned upthread, my wife works at the largest hospital for 100 miles in any direction and it is a ghost town.

It may explode here too, but it won't be this month.  Just like everything else in the world, small towns will be the last ones to get it.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Well I know all of the pulmonologist (3) in Nac and they are doing a great job of explaining, via social media, to residents the need for social distancing/staying home/wearing masks.  The sharp increase in numbers is due to more available testing and backlog on results. But I’m sure it’s the small towns that are going to take us all down.  It’s not like NY is a total shit show or anything.  

original.jpg

Yes.  These pandemics feed on population density through history, from the black death to the Spanish flu to covid-19.  I'm sure it's about to turn around though because of the beaches and the churches and whatnot.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 3

GUYS!  this week its going to peak, we should see deaths in the billions, 

not from cofid,  but from lack of bacon  bacon is srs business.

i recall on a deployment when we had bacon blocked from delivery to the chow halls shit was serious. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stork642 said:

One of the more common refrains throughout this entire thread has been that the imbeciles and fucktards in suburban and rural America are going to get us all killed, because, you know, they're apparently too stupid for words or they would have recognized the simple futility of their lives and made something of themselves by moving on up with the erudites in Austin, New York City, Seattle and the like.

It's been a real hoot to see all of that come to fruition as we've witnessed Carthage, TX being salted by this virus back into the earth, and Little Rock, AR being smashed into tiny pebbles and so many other towns and cities akin to such places get enveloped by this killer as urban America has sat on its couch, eating popcorn, and laughing at all of these hillbilly dumbasses. 

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

We are friends with a number of nurses and doctors and have been hearing the same.  It's been going on for a while.  At least one of the major Texas health chains is already sending out peer-reviews to evaluate layoffs after this is over.  They all probably will need to cut to some extent.  I think when it's all said and done we'll find out that TX and many other states implemented their shutdowns too early / aggressively.

When can we get the latest update on how your model is shaping up? It's as good as any being posted on here.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

In Arkansas, Baptist Health has either reduced the hours or furloughed approximately 2300 or their 11,000 employees. They’ve said of the 2300, approximately 200 are bedside care givers. They’ve also reported a 30% drop in revenues since the pandemic began.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

One of the more common refrains throughout this entire thread has been that the imbeciles and fucktards in suburban and rural America are going to get us all killed, because, you know, they're apparently too stupid for words or they would have recognized the simple futility of their lives and made something of themselves by moving on up with the erudites in Austin, New York City, Seattle and the like.

It's been a real hoot to see all of that come to fruition as we've witnessed Carthage, TX being salted by this virus back into the earth, and Little Rock, AR being smashed into tiny pebbles and so many other towns and cities akin to such places get enveloped by this killer as urban America has sat on its couch, eating popcorn, and laughing at all of these hillbilly dumbasses. 

When can we get the latest update on how your model is shaping up? It's as good as any being posted on here.

In a word....The South

8 minutes ago, jinx said:

Small town America keeps social distances naturally.  Everyone likes their personal space and most people have houses and yards if not large pieces of property.  We don't live right on top of each other like happens in cities.  The small town where my relatives live has a total of 2 cases in the entire county (out of 20,000) and the larger city where I live has less than 350 cases and 7 total deaths out of a total of approximately 500,000 people in this county and the neighboring one.  And it isn't lack of testing resulting in those numbers.

People here are taking it serious at different levels, but there is still a lot of the things going on that brings angst on this thread.  As I mentioned upthread, my wife works at the largest hospital for 100 miles in any direction and it is a ghost town.

It may explode here too, but it won't be this month.  Just like everything else in the world, small towns will be the last ones to get it.

you keep forgetting the churches in small towns! its the churches!  people in small towns can't not go to church or they have been told they will go to hell!  fucking rubes gonna kilt us awwlll!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

PSA: Texas #s should look bad today as some counties or cities did not plan to report on Sunday since it was Easter.  

EDIT: Hopefully they look more like a "normal" day indicating fewer deaths and new cases per day.

Yes, I expect some jumps today or tomorrow to make up for the under reporting over the (holiday) weekend.  

Edited by bschoolprof

Cloak Room, is a whole forum dedicated to the above.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you keep forgetting the churches in small towns! its the churches!  people in small towns can't not go to church or they have been told they will go to hell!  fucking rubes gonna kilt us awwlll!

My church has gone fully online, and the churches in the rural county where I have family have gone to outside meetings if they are still meeting in person.  Like I said, there is plenty of space, so they all pull up in a large field and do "drive in" style church.

But they are still hayseed hicks and what not.

25 minutes ago, jinx said:

As long as walmart enforces social distancing and schools are closed, small towns will be fine.  I think wave 2 in september is going to be much worse for most of America unless we have made a leap in treatment by then.  Mid July to August will be a lull in cases even in cities, some moderate vacationing will take place, schools will reopen after Labor Day.  If DisneyWorld reopens for a month before school starts, small towns are gonna be fucked. 

34 minutes ago, jinx said:

Makes you wonder if big cities are going to lose some draw after this.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away