Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I'm afraid we're going to see the great Whiskey Tango uprising. When they tell the poor minimum wage guy at the door to "KMA I'm a Merican!" and blast through, what is the response? Refuse to check them out? Try to remove them?

ETSCNzHUEAIs9_7.jpg

It's been my experience so far that clerks/retailers/cashiers etc are scared to death to tell someone they can't come in without a mask, and maybe rightfully so.  Something has to be done to make these rules and mandates enforceable.  If not it all becomes a joke...a very deadly joke.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stone oak said:

If only Oklahoma people could be as skilled at fighting COVID as NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, PA, DE...and the other 38 states across the nation with a higher death toll per million. 

Damn deplorables!

Annotation 2020-07-15 1557301.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-15 155824.jpg

Tittyfucking Christ. Why would I insult oklahoma on a Texas football site? Politics? Or because Oklahoma sucks?

tI2zZr5.gif

Edited by B00M
  • Like 5

Dude, don't you see?  The death toll in states where the virus ran rampant BEFORE society had a good handle on preventative measures is high.  That means they're IDIOTS!  And the fact that the cases and death toll is RAPIDLY climbing in states where they had months to implement and maintain the right preventative measures, but chose not to, well, that means they're BRILLIANT! 

Duh!  9D chess, man!

In the law, there's a principle that "the first dog bit is free."  That is, you aren't charged with the responsibility of controlling a "vicious dog" before you know it's actually vicious.  Several portions of the country got bitten with the first bite of this virus, when it first showed up.  Not that they did everything perfectly, but they got hit effectively by surprise.  Now, we know the dog is vicious.....and a lot of idiots are getting bitten now that we KNOW the dog is vicious.  That's on them.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stone oak said:

If only Oklahoma people could be as skilled at fighting COVID as NY, NJ, CT, MA, RI, PA, DE...and the other 38 states across the nation with a higher death toll per million. 

Damn deplorables!

Annotation 2020-07-15 1557301.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-15 155824.jpg

Negged for defending Oklahoma on a Longhorn forum. 

• Like 4

I think we're about 6 weeks away from the bad data/Covid-19 isn't as bad as they say crowd going full on Flat-Earther.  

"See, I don't need to wear a mask because the Earth is flat.  If I cough or talk loudly or whatever...the droplets just fall off the edge of the planet and into the ether of space!'  

Edited by Lobo

Donkey Clocks?

i picture you picking a fight, “I only came here to do two things Stone Oak, tell the time and kick some ass.  And it looks like the Donkey is five minutes to midnight.”

What is interesting is COVID migrated to the SE and SW in the summer, after spending the winter/spring in the NE and NW.
Could the key be how humans live/interact during the harsh summer months in the South and in the harsh winter months in the North? That is, we tend to be indoors more to escape harsh temperatures during those months.
Vitamin D deficiencies?

I don't think it's Vitamin D, i think it's people primarily being inside.

8 hours ago, B00M said:

We are really going to have to learn the hard lessons of this pandemic shit hole town by shit hole town, street by street, and shanty by shanty.

https://www.codyenterprise.com/news/local/article_f3a065ee-c6d2-11ea-9a31-3345cc052efe.html

107700099_137940044604554_40304091485779

it’s like the world events of the past 150 days somehow don’t apply here until it starts happening here. 
god forbid we pay attention and take steps to try to stop it from ever getting bad here. 

if you are wondering how many icu beds Cody has, the answer is TWO. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

2020 America: NO IF I WANT THE NAZIS TO BOMB THE BLOCK ITS MY RIGHT. You’re the nazi fascist for telling me what to do

Hey, slorch's idiotic "If 10% of my neighborhood isn't doing it, then it's the same thing as no one doing it" Tech logic actually holds some water in this analogy!

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

I just need this corona nightmare shit to end. I have a new marriage to a very pretty and very young wife that has two young kids. I need these motherfuckers out of my house for a while. Holy fuck those little turds are driving me nuts!

Cry me a river, you knew that I only had custody every other weekend when you married her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I would like to further derail this thread by pointing out that Great White is not a metal band.

killing 100 people including your own guitar player seems pretty fucking metal to me

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

It seems we have a pneumonia epidemic on our hands. I dont have an apples to apples comp, but these YTD pneumonia numbers seem to exceed and maybe double past years for the year.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1113051/number-reported-deaths-from-covid-pneumonia-and-flu-us/

This shit again? Yes, it’s up. It’s at very most 25% and that’s debatable. I’m had too many beers and as usual I am way too lazy to look it back up.  It was discussed in June. And May.

Edit - Never mind. I remembered a quick way to look up one of the articles https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/05/us/coronavirus-death-toll-us.html

I’ll find the actual pneumonia/flu data in a few minutes

Edited by justhookit

Also it appears you are strictly meant pneumonia numbers. My bad. I have no idea and honestly don’t care. ILI deaths are up enormously regardless of how they are classified. I have an issue with the WankerBob poster’s claims that covid deaths are double or more the reported numbers. 

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Hey, slorch's idiotic "If 10% of my neighborhood isn't doing it, then it's the same thing as no one doing it" Tech logic actually holds some water in this analogy!

Hey call out somebody else.  I converted over a month ago to the fear side... even if in practice only, as opposed to mindset.

The colander effect still matters though.

Tell me more about reporting "probable cases"  LOLz.  There is so much bullshit in all of this.   There's some reality, and there's a shit-ton of lies and manipulation.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Hey call out somebody else.  I converted over a month ago to the fear side... even if in practice only, as opposed to mindset.

The colander effect still matters though.

Tell me more about reporting "probable cases"  LOLz.  There is so much bullshit in all of this.   There's some reality, and there's a shit-ton of lies and manipulation.

I think that you can probably trust, for the most part, the numbers from hospitals and work backwards from there to arrive at your own conclusions. There may be some fudgery there but I'm sure you can come up with a number or percentage to disqualify that fits your own narrative. Can we agree that there's a substantial strain being put on the health care system by patients who are in fact being hospitalized BECAUSE they have the COVID?  Fear of course is optional. 

13 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I think that you can probably trust, for the most part, the numbers from hospitals and work backwards from there to arrive at your own conclusions. There may be some fudgery there but I'm sure you can come up with a number or percentage to disqualify that fits your own narrative. Can we agree that there's a substantial strain being put on the health care system by patients who are in fact being hospitalized BECAUSE they have the COVID?  Fear of course is optional. 

Hell, we have posts all through these threads with people not trying to pull any punches and after three of four posters share their info, the reaction is, "Who do we believe?  Which one is accurate?"

How much triangulation is required to measure fucking dead people?  Now we have folks guessing if someone has the Rona or not; and then treating the conclusion as some sort of measure of the disease.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Hell, we have posts all through these threads with people not trying to pull any punches and after three of four posters share their info, the reaction is, "Who do we believe?  Which one is accurate?"

How much triangulation is required to measure fucking dead people?  Now we have folks guessing if someone has the Rona or not; and then treating the conclusion as some sort of measure of the disease.

KIA is an important number but as you well know the M-16 was not necessarily designed to kill. Can you see where this analogy is going? COVID=M-16. Wounded tie up a lot more resources than a dead body. 

Like I said, make up your own fudge factor, who cares? You're still probably going to have a number that creates some concern (not FEAR). I do think though that there's a substantial number of people who regard warnings/cautions as fear mongering. "Keep your head down Marine, there's live rounds flying" probably induces fear in some whereas others simply take it as good advice. 

12 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

KIA is an important number but as you well know the M-16 was not necessarily designed to kill. Can you see where this analogy is going? COVID=M-16. Wounded tie up a lot more resources than a dead body. 

Like I said, make up your own fudge factor, who cares? You're still probably going to have a number that creates some concern (not FEAR). I do think though that there's a substantial number of people who regard warnings/cautions as fear mongering. "Keep your head down Marine, there's live rounds flying" probably induces fear in some whereas others simply take it as good advice. 

Are there 2 people shooting at me or 300?

STFU and just take our word for it.  It’s a lot.

Valid news sites reporting that Russian group "APT29" has already attempted to hack into Covid-19 research centers in the U.S. and U.K.  

As if the researchers there don't have enough shit to worry about.  Now we add this.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/politics/russia-cyberattack-covid-vaccine-research/index.html

I always liked how in the movies, the global scientific community always came together despite political or ethnic differences.  These APT29 guys could be helping code sequencing or virology models.  Instead they're doing this shit.  

For those that think this is fake news or has not yet been verified to the level that would warrant national concern, the evidence was revealed in an official government advisory in the UK by their National Cyber Security Centre.  That's their deadly serious cyber warfare arm, who report directly to their Minister of Defence.  Like our DIA and NSA rolled into one.  They know as much about Russia as we do.  

Red Dawn III is gonna be a helluva movie.

Edited by Lobo

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

From 30 seconds of listening, I'd like to point out that bands play music, so I'd like to argue that they aren't even a band.

Where have you been the last 20 years? All you need is a synthesizer and sampler.

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/news/warning-issued-uk-usa-healthcare-organisations

This one is two months old and doesn't dive deep into Russia as being behind the latest wave, but you'll get a good sense of how deadly serious this is.  

Or is the UK's National Cyber Security Centre too far left for you?  Forget who reported on the advisory, look at who issued the advisory.  NCSC also shares a great deal of intel with the U.S. Government.  We listen to them frequently, you should give it a try.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-trying-hack-steal-covid-130903174.html (more Russia specific)

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away