Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What fucking marine can’t shoot?  It’s the one thing even Pyle could do. 

we can shoot.  We just don't take ourselves too seriously.

I was a farm kid before becoming a Jarhead.   Marksmanship is second nature.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So you’ll be good as long as there’s not a run on crayons. 

Indeed.  a 64pk should get me through the afternoon.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Georgia governor announced he's suing Atlanta mayor over her mask order.  

The whole point of the mask is to prevent a shutdown like before, but I guess that's lost on a lot of people?

No one is shutting back down. He’s going all in on the virus not being as bad as all the rational folks know it to be. He’s going to kill a lot of people. 

• Like 1

Met some lady who just moved here from New Jersey at the community pool today. Went about like you would expect. We should have fucking cut off all the Yankees like they trying to do to us now, but when locking down NY was on the table they wet their britches.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Hugo, love him or hate him, generally posts factual information.  Not liking it doesn’t make it any less factual.   So if you have @ problem with facts, go ahead and refute them. 

I’m just busting his balls. In fact, I’m currently quarantined with 2 toddlers, so being alone in a basement sounds fucking awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever, just wear a fucking mask. I don't want our shit to spike like yours is.

I gladly will. And we will try and stay away from folks as well. If told we can’t come we won’t. Respect is pretty easy when you try.
  • Like 4

We cancelled our Colorado trip that was supposed to be next week. You can thank me later with shipments of microbrew. 

Also this talk of weddings during Covid. I wish this shit would've happened the year I got married. We would've eloped and saved a fuckton of money. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, troph said:

I gladly will. And we will try and stay away from folks as well. If told we can’t come we won’t. Respect is pretty easy when you try.

It’s hard when you only worry about you and the impact to you. It’s why we’re in this mess. If everyone respected their neighbor and viewed them as equal, things would look a lot different in a lot of ways. 

I’m glad to see national retailers stepping up where the government will not. They will be getting my dollars.

• Like 3

Georgia gov suing the mayor of Atlanta personally for the facemask mandate order in the city. But they "encourage citizens to wear masks". 

Fuck me, we're gonna keep getting worse. We still can't even establish that facemasks are a fundamental control tool for respiratory disease

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Georgia gov suing the mayor of Atlanta personally for the facemask mandate order in the city. But they "encourage citizens to wear masks".

Why would he go through the trouble of suing? Is it that there are “titans of industry” pushing him to open the economy up and pretend that we are not in a global pandemic so that their bank accounts will get slightly more padded? Is it a move designed to capture votes from the “muh rights!” crowd? I don’t get it.

53 minutes ago, Brew said:

It’s hard when you only worry about you and the impact to you. It’s why we’re in this mess. If everyone respected their neighbor and viewed them as equal, things would look a lot different in a lot of ways. 

I’m glad to see national retailers stepping up where the government will not. They will be getting my dollars.

^This.  Wife and I are typically "shop local" South Austin folks, but I'll be happy to throw some shopping to Target and even Wal-Mart to show my support for the fact that some mid-level VP for Risk Management has more vision and leadership during this crisis than we're seeing from others.  

I mean c'mon people, the fucking Dollar Tree chain implemented a mask policy.  If Golden Corral and a Gun Shop had a baby, it'd be Dollar Tree.  They managed to get their shit together, and they're the state bird of the Deep South.  But nope, it's all over-hyped bullshit for some of you.  Seriously guys, the Dollar Tree has this figured out and some of you (who have IQ's higher than the average 5 employees there combined) are still skeptical about all this Covid-19 Bullshit?  You might wanna look around at who you still have on your side of how to handle Covid-19.  It's basically down to you, the last 9 Kmarts in America, and the Shift Managers Union at Stuckey's.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's basically down to you, the last 9 Kmarts in America, and the Shift Managers Union at Stuckey's.  

And you know, multiple state governors and legislatures. For some reason there's an argument coming from SOMEWHERE that covid isn't a big deal, and there's not that many deaths, and hospitals aren't overflowing (yet), and it's just another flu. Damn shame more people are going to die because many states prefer talking points to public health

I always thought "mouthbreather" was just a derogatory term for a person you felt was less intelligent/educated than you.    

Turns out a "Mouthbreather" is literally an ignorant person out in public, breathing out of their bare mouth, how prescient.  The More You Know...

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Fuck me, we're gonna keep getting worse. We still can't even establish that facemasks are a fundamental control tool for respiratory disease

we are fundamentally broken.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we are fundamentally broken.

Who is going to enforce the mandate? At this point who cares if it is a law or not. People just need to wear one when around others. 

All the big box retailers are requiring one now. Airlines started a while ago. Everyone on the last few flights I have taken was wearing a mask. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Can't drink Coca-Cola through a mask.

Somehow all kinds of misinformation tweets and FB posts about COVID-19/masks/SiP orders/slowing reopening she/etc. are all going viral.  

guess what else is viral?  The Virus. 

i was today years old when the Dollar Tree became one of the most progressively intelligent institutions in the American South.  

Edited by Lobo

The NY Times has a map up showing your chances of encountering people all wearing masks in five random encounters:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/17/upshot/coronavirus-face-mask-map.html

They polled 250,000 people asking how often they wear masks and used the data to create a map showing which areas of the country probably have more mask wearers.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away