CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He mentions going to Caprock Hospital in Bryan. Anyone know much about them? They look to be a relatively small operation that highlights their imaging capabilities and 10 doctors. Perhaps he had no choice or needed to go to the closest place, but there is a BS&W hospital in south College Station.

Personally if I have a life threatening disease and experiencing immediate problems, I'm driving the extra 9 minutes to BS&W. They will at least have more local and system wide knowledge on covid care.

HHS, which I look at for hospital capacities also lists St Joseph's hospital in Bryan and it seems like a "regular" hospital. The trauma region for that part of Texas appears to be pretty full though.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If you cant wear a mask youre either a pussy or fat as fuck and will prolly die soon anyway

There isnt another way I can put that

I noticed your comment in the DT thread about Memorial Hermann. I clicked on the article and the comments below were just so sad. The number of people that seem to think the hospital staff are sitting around drinking coffee and making this up are legion on social media. I can't tell if they are bots or trolls or delusional breathing (for now) beings. We have two pandemics simultaneously--a microscopic virus and the unabated spread of malicious misinformation.

I hope he isn't dead either.  I've pretty much stopped caring whether they live or die but I also cant take too much delight in their demise.   Not for their own sake but in the ripple effects it has on lives around them. 

Even though I thoroughly believe that the fewer of these morons around the better. 

Needless to say I'm somewhat conflicted.

*****I reserve the right to change my mind at a moments notice or on a case by case basis.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

His visible presence on a board of shit for brains might actually make his death meaningful.  Someone there might learn something. 

No, they will insist the hospital murdered him. I’ve seen this on my own Facebook feed (yeah should just delete but useful for fantasy football group)

7 minutes ago, brakeman said:

It’s official. Every member of my immediate family has had or is recovering from covid.

In the county where I grew up literary everybody has covid.

Can’t see a time in the future when I will get back down there.

https://covidactnow.org

image.png.85f606fc0fb47ce03ab9515311967fcc.png

It’s still not good, but that 100% positive rate doesn’t mean “literally everybody has COVID.” It means that over the last 7 days, 100% of PCR tests have come back positive.

• Hook 'Em 2

HHS, which I look at for hospital capacities also lists St Joseph's hospital in Bryan and it seems like a "regular" hospital. The trauma region for that part of Texas appears to be pretty full though.
Occam's Razor: all other hospitals more capable of treating him are too full to take him and Regeneron is still scarce and not available at his care facility. That's the reality for most of Texas, right now.

Everyone needs to stay safe and healthy, right now, and not just with COVID. If you have an accident, there is no guarantee that you'll receive appropriate care for your injuries, at the moment.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, brakeman said:

It’s official. Every member of my immediate family has had or is recovering from covid.

In the county where I grew up literary everybody has covid.

Can’t see a time in the future when I will get back down there.

https://covidactnow.org

image.png.85f606fc0fb47ce03ab9515311967fcc.png

You never know. Some day you might need to score some meth and Burnet is the place to get some.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Doesn’t look good for the texags poster https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3215580/1

• tested positive on the 8th. Mild symptoms.
  • Got worse on the 11th
  • started ivermectin on the 12th
  • Low oxygen #s on the 16th, went to hospital. Started 5 day course of Remdesivir
  • No updates since the 18th

I gather he is a regular poster on Texags and a 6 day absence is unusual.

I'm sure his possible demise will be a lesson for the other Aggies who will awaken to reality and rush to become vaccinated. At least his death, should he be dead, will not be in vain!

spacer.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I hope he isn't dead either.  I've pretty much stopped caring whether they live or die but I also cant take too much delight in their demise.   Not for their own sake but in the ripple effects it has on lives around them. 

Even though I thoroughly believe that the fewer of these morons around the better. 

Needless to say I'm somewhat conflicted.

*****I reserve the right to change my mind at a moments notice or on a case by case basis.   

I don't think my hopes make much difference in the world so I try to keep them at a minimum. No insult intended.

As for the unvaccinated who contract Covid, they're walking killing machines, and they don't care. Would you want such a person dead or walking around in public? Maybe we could create something akin to a leper colony for them.

People whom I don't know die in droves everyday for all sorts of reasons. Just because I have slight knowledge of this malign idiot doesn't rouse my sympathy. I would not shoot him, but I would don a hazmat suit to tumble him out of an ICU bed to make way for some unfortunate soul in need of emergency care.

He's a danger and a needless drain on the medical system. I couldn't care less about his fate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Strange that they only require testing on 12 and up. Are they not interested in 11 year olds with Covid? 

Also, how the heck can they tell the difference between an 11 year old and a 12 year old at the gate?

11 yo is only dating their cousin

12 yo is married to their cousin, if female she’s knocked up 

41 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Occam's Razor: all other hospitals more capable of treating him are too full to take him and Regeneron is still scarce and not available at his care facility. That's the reality for most of Texas, right now.

Everyone needs to stay safe and healthy, right now, and not just with COVID. If you have an accident, there is no guarantee that you'll receive appropriate care for your injuries, at the moment.

6m3be.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

It’s still not good, but that 100% positive rate doesn’t mean “literally everybody has COVID.” It means that over the last 7 days, 100% of PCR tests have come back positive.

Of course, I know this and it blows. 

11 minutes ago, brakeman said:

What's the plan for the season at DKR?

I'm not sure they've announced anything. Weren't students required to get 1 test at the beginning of the semester?

UT and any organization in Texas has to balance the safety of their people and pissing off the state GOP leadership. Say that the major colleges in Texas all required vaccinations and/or a recent test. It's possible Abbott could punish them by not allowing more than 20K in a college stadium.

UT also has a problem with high level donors imposing their will on the athletic dept. "I have to get a test? I will keep my $1m check this year."

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Doesn’t look good for the texags poster https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3215580/1

• tested positive on the 8th. Mild symptoms.
  • Got worse on the 11th
  • started ivermectin on the 12th
  • Low oxygen #s on the 16th, went to hospital. Started 5 day course of Remdesivir
  • No updates since the 18th

I gather he is a regular poster on Texags and a 6 day absence is unusual.

I hate that thread. It's like reading at 2021 version of the Brandon Vedas IRC log. 

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I’m that thread where he posts that he wasn’t vaxxed, he got 12 “stars” for that posts.  Lulz

56 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm sure his possible demise will be a lesson for the other Aggies who will awaken to reality and rush to become vaccinated. At least his death, should he be dead, will not be in vain!

Actually maybe. When I first saw that thread, I think the post where he said he wasn't vaxxed had something like 30 likes. People are unliking the post. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

But I thought that we were supposed to be blaming black people?

Don't leave out the filthy Messicans flooding over the border bringing plague and rapin' our wimmins.

None of them folks have the traditional Anglo-Saxon virtues that made this country great!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Embarrassing if UT doesn’t implement the same policy at DKR if it hasn’t already. It would be even better if the state sued us to try to stop it. Defending such a mandate in court can be the kill shot needed to end Abbott and Paxton.

Edited by Macklemore