CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh I’d never say Okies were any smarter.  I was born in Lubbock.  Vast majority of friends and family are from Texas.  

Panhandle holla! When did you live in Lubbock?

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

How have sooooo many Americans not learned from things like the AIDS crisis AND become so hopelessly selfish that they're willing to put other ppl at risk?

It's like American has had its empathy portion of the brain completely wither away to the point that we only can support 3 consecutive minutes of caring.

After those 3 minutes, we're done and could give a shit.

Well, the AIDS crisis was god's punishment for those fags, so there was nothing to learn from that except don't be a fag.  At least that's what I was taught in my family when the AIDS crisis started making headlines.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Also, requiring pants be worn in public "throws God's wonderful sexual reproductive system out the door."

And, requiring shoes be worn into a restaurant "throws God's wonderful system of human locomotion out the door."

And we could do this dumbassery all fucking day long....but then, that would make us evangelicals, and nobody wants that.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

That first lady ("We the people are waking up, and we know what citizen's arrest is ... ") reminded me of "Girl you wish you hadn't started a conversation with."  Fucking Dunning-Kruger in full effect in South Florida.

Edited by Gap03
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well, the AIDS crisis was god's punishment for those fags, so there was nothing to learn from that except don't be a fag.  At least that's what I was taught in my family when the AIDS crisis started making headlines.

Thanksgiving must be a real fucking blast. 

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have 3 of 4 kids still living at home, all 16 or older. 

I'm lucky that mine are all 10 and under.  We can put their shit on lock without an overwhelming amount of bitching and moaning.  They can be easily distracted with a day trip to pedernales falls or the like. Fuck me if we were dumping a bunch of teenager hormones into this shit. 

• Like 1

The woman at the meeting who said the doctors should be arrested for crimes against humanity? I'm trying to square that with what has happened all across the country in places where the virus has killed so many people.

Seems like so long ago that Karen Kolb Sehlke died. She became sick with the virus on March 14 and died on April 2. Was the virus a hoax, Karen? You thought it was and said so on your Facebook page. Your family is probably still grieving eleven weeks later but rest assured Karen, the legions who believe as you did are still holding the torch of ignorance and denial high.

yeah what brisket said^

one thing for sure. that girl can talk. man that is some rapid firing right there. get a word in i dare you. some dude in 20 years is going be getting tongue lashed by that talent every night of his miserable existence. no no fun lash. the devil's lash. whip it real good

16 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Yes, Trump should be banned from twitter

WRONG!

Many of his own people think he should be banned from twitter.

The best thing about social media is that it makes it so easy to identify the idiots, racists, etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.....we have an entire political party that CATERS to them.  Twitter ain't the problem.  A party making the fucking Q-tards mainstream (go ahead and see how many Q-tards are actually winning GOP nominations)....that's the fucking problem.  "Batshit Crazy" is also "2020 GOP platform."  That's a big fucking problem.

You probably wouldn't even know that the Q thing existed, and Donald Trump would not be President, except for Twitter. Twitter has 145MM daily active users, 300MM+ monthly active users. There are definitely some positive aspects if you heavily curate your feed, but it is also a cesspool of conspiracy nonsense and propaganda.  Look at how the medium has been used on this very board in the past, a tool to propagate and screen the most ridiculous nonsense, planting roots of stubborn brain rot even among a board populated by mostly intelligent and educated posters. If that is what happens here, what the fuck you think is gonna happen when it is deployed against right out idiots. Twitter is at its core a tool of psychological manipulation.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

You probably wouldn't even know that the Q thing existed, and Donald Trump would not be President, except for Twitter. Twitter has 145MM daily active users, 300MM+ monthly active users. There are definitely some positive aspects if you heavily curate your feed, but it is also a cesspool of conspiracy nonsense and propaganda.  Look at how the medium has been used on this very board in the past, a tool to propagate and screen the most ridiculous nonsense, planting roots of stubborn brain rot even among a board populated by mostly intelligent and educated posters. If that is what happens here, what the fuck you think is gonna happen when it is deployed against right out idiots. Twitter is at its core a tool of psychological manipulation.   

Which is exactly why Twitter and all social media should be REGULATED TO ALL FUCK.  We have proven we are not able to handle it.  Human beings are not meant to be connected instantly in this way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, staboner said:

yeah what brisket said^

one thing for sure. that girl can talk. man that is some rapid firing right there. get a word in i dare you. some dude in 20 years is going be getting tongue lashed by that talent every night of his miserable existence. no no fun lash. the devil's lash. whip it real good

manic phase, imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I'm lucky that mine are all 10 and under.  We can put their shit on lock without an overwhelming amount of bitching and moaning.  They can be easily distracted with a day trip to pedernales falls or the like. Fuck me if we were dumping a bunch of teenager hormones into this shit. 

My son's first girlfriend came over for the first time today.  Holy Jesus.  My son is the classic late-blooming, nice guy, "no game" kind of kid.

Kid has game.

Total smoke.  First one out of the gate?  Well done, my boy, well done.

• Like 1

"Publication by press release" A new normal?  

Former Harvard Med School prof discusses why Moderna's vaccine result announcement is akin to a CFO releasing earnings without sustainable data.

He also draws a second similar comparison to Gilead's remdesivir, and separately comments on associated public remarks by close friend Dr. Fauci.  

Edited by triplehorn

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, requiring pants be worn in public "throws God's wonderful sexual reproductive system out the door."

And, requiring shoes be worn into a restaurant "throws God's wonderful system of human locomotion out the door."

And we could do this dumbassery all fucking day long....but then, that would make us evangelicals, and nobody wants that.

Maybe god should have designed a better immune system.  

• Like 1