What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

16 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I'll never understand the chicken strip crowd. I'm looking at you @Sparky.  Yeah, you.

I mean, to each their own. I'm not gonna completely condemn someone for ordering outside of the burgers. I'm just saying I don't understand. 

There are parts of the menu which will forever remain a mystery to me. Nothing wrong with that; just so long as you aren't heretically ordering a cheeseless burger, I pass no judgment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

There are parts of the menu which will forever remain a mystery to me. Nothing wrong with that; just so long as you aren't heretically ordering a cheeseless burger, I pass no judgment.

there’s nothing wrong with a cheeseless burger every once in a while.  sometimes I just want an old fashioned with lettuce tomato onion pickle.  

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Giggle. Went with some soccer friends in between games yesterday.  Dad next to me has a white wrapper. 

Me: "Wtf? No cheese?"

Him: "The white wrapper is for no onions."

Me: "Who the f do you think you're lying to? And don't use being a bitch as an excuse for having terrible taste."

Yeah, I was a dick. We're tight though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

there’s nothing wrong with a cheeseless burger every once in a while.  sometimes I just want an old fashioned with lettuce tomato onion pickle.  

You can get away with no cheese if you're rolling with mayo. Can't have all that acid between the tomatoes and pickles without throwing in some extra fat. 

7 minutes ago, threesheets said:

You can get away with no cheese if you're rolling with mayo. Can't have all that acid between the tomatoes and pickles without throwing in some extra fat. 

oh I go heavy mayo but I neglected to mention it as it can be a controversial opinion. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, threesheets said:

I'll never understand the chicken strip crowd. I'm looking at you @Sparky.  Yeah, you.

I mean, to each their own. I'm not gonna completely condemn someone for ordering outside of the burgers. I'm just saying I don't understand. 

I was hoping you were going to callback to the What a Lot a Hot deal we used to get back in the day.  It was a perfect thing to pile on you your stomach at the end of an evening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 9:29 PM, threesheets said:

I changed it up some and ordered the No. 13 today to accompany my usual, double meat double cheese with grilled jalapenos. I'd say the chicken strips are OK. They're a lot better when you're drunk as hell and 18 years old. 

My Whataburger story: 

The Tech game in 2017. DKR Concessions ran out of everything except for nachos and popcorn by the third quarter. I believe Chick Fila ran out of sandwiches before the game even started. 

After the crushing defeat, arguably the most inexplicable in Texas Longhorns Football History, I wanted to get back in the car, beat traffic and get back to Houston as soon as possible. I figured we eat something along the way. Surely there's a Denny's or some dinner open in Bastrop open. Nope. 

I drove all the way to La Grange before I saw an open Whataburger. It was a beautiful beacon of light. I crushed a No. 3 with onion rings and a strawberry shake on the hood of my car at 2 in the morning. It remains one of the best meals of my life. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

had my lyft driver stop at whataburger on the way home last weekend and ordered the patty melt. after consuming the fries i had a moment of clarity and realized i would enjoy the patty melt far more the next morning. woke up the next morning and popped the patty melt in the oven while i cooked some bacon and fried a couple eggs. added the bacon and eggs to the sandwich and my god it was amazing...and was followed by an hour long nap. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 4/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, threesheets said:

We know Jesus would not have put bacon on his Whataburger, but beyond that, evidence is scant for what the order would have looked like, had the last supper been in Texas. I strongly suspect Judas would have gone for the chicken strip sandwich and a strawberry shake, however.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...