Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

One could conclude timing of this survey was coincidental and results were simply overlooked. One could also conclude issues of the day weren’t limited to one school, schools including UT tried to get out in front of it, and (sports) media had a certain agenda- kill one story, sensationalize another. Some think media just report stories even-handedly based on the facts with no agenda. But some also give their kids Old Testament names like Jedediah, Mordecai, and such.

https://president.utexas.edu/messages-speeches-2017/results-of-sexual-assault-survey

• Hook 'Em 1

It's a drop in the bucket, but I will never allow my daughter or grandchildren to attend that university. I used to be indifferent to Baylor, but this makes me sad they exist in Texas. It's just completely dirty and shameful. Gross, and fuck the NCAA.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

was just told that this is the reason for BU getting a sternly worded letter as punishment for raping errybody out there:

•the NCAA puts the hammer down on Penn State for the Sandusky stuff

•Penn State says, "you don't have the authority to rule on federal or criminal cases", sues the NCAA and wins 

•the NCAA didn't enjoy taking that licking, so now Baylor gets sternly worded letter

spineless, toothless criminals. i cannot wait for the NCAA to no longer have any standing in major college athletics.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, it wasn't just football players that benefitted from the half-ass reporting structure for sexual assaults at Baylor?  Since non-athletes could get away with rape too, it's all good?

Sounds like the same ruling as UNC… just swap out academic fraud with rape…

The NCAA is toothless and this might be the straw that broke the camels back. Time to split off from the NCAA and develop a structure with real teeth.

a $5,000  fine?

what in the holy fuck is that supposed to do?     jesus christ, a $500,000 fine would still have been a drop in the bucket considering how much money they made in the last 14 years.

also.... since the NCAA is toothless,   other than them paying the whoping $5k fine.... how the fuck is the NCAA going to know if Baylor followed the rest of the super special "cant do recruiting for 2 weeks"  bullshit?

I mean fuck, these NCAA morons are literally making themselves completely irrelevant, VERY quickly

• Rage+1 1

It's a drop in the bucket, but I will never allow my daughter or grandchildren to attend that university. I used to be indifferent to Baylor, but this makes me sad they exist in Texas. It's just completely dirty and shameful. Gross, and fuck the NCAA.

Makes you wonder about the larger community inclusive of Waco… specifically BoR, foundations, law enforcement, legal, and medical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Devil Anse said:

Makes you wonder about the larger community inclusive of Waco… specifically BoR, foundations, law enforcement, legal, and medical.

It really does make me physically ill and feel gross.  Waco sucks too. 

Seriously, how does this not make those women feel completely oppressed and downtrodden? $5k? What a slap in the face. 

Edited by Droopy
feel, and Fuck Baylor

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

So long as you are committing academic fraud and covering up sexual assaults for other students you can just fraud and sexual assault away? So long as boosters just randomly give a bag of cash to a non-athlete from time to time it's all good eh? If only SMU had known that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I know lawyers involved in some of the litigation relating to violations  and assaults completely outside of athletics.  The culture around that entire campus was absolutely toxic and Baylor's strategy of making sure the media focused on football/Art worked (and that was certainly bad enough).  Agree I would absolutely never allow anyone I cared about to attend that institution.  I hope they are relegated to bottom tier of Mountain West Trash sooner rather than later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Jebus said:

So is this unnamed assistant director of football operations Casey Horny?  From what I found with a quick search, that was his job title there. 

Yet another turd Herman laid in the Texas football punchbowl. 

It was none other than former Texas HSF great and major college football bust Odell James.

1 hour ago, Devil Anse said:

This is exactly the problem. There is a massive cultural problem at BU, and it has not been addressed in any way.

Their entire mindset is that BU is a clean little playpen, where virginal little Johnny and Judy will be able to be educated without being polluted by the big bad world.  That BU is cleaner, more righteous, and safer than anywhere else.  That’s the mindset from the Regents, faculty, alumni, students, and community. 

The reality is quite different of course. Bad things happen, perpetrated not just by the football team, but by clean cut Johnny frat boy too. And when something bad happens to a girl there, their reaction isn’t to protect the girl. No, it’s to shun her, shame her, quietly move her out of the way, where she can’t be seen or heard, so they can continue in their delusion that only virtuous, virginal young women go there, and it is safe for them. 

The average coed may well be safer at BU than at any Big State U, including UT. But when she’s not, when the worst happens, it’s the worst place in the world. She not only won’t be supported, she’ll be shamed, shunted aside. 

That runs into the competing part of their culture that wants to be validated. So they quite intentionally look the other way when Bliss, Briles, Queso killers, and others take advantage of their little self-superiority complex. Wolves in sheep‘s clothing do well at BU as long as they’re winning. 

They’ve done nothing to change their culture. They can’t and they won’t. So Bliss will happen again. Briles will happen again. They will have another major scandal tied to athletics. It’s just a matter of time. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

was just told that this is the reason for BU getting a sternly worded letter as punishment for raping errybody out there:

•the NCAA puts the hammer down on Penn State for the Sandusky stuff

•Penn State says, "you don't have the authority to rule on federal or criminal cases", sues the NCAA and wins 

•the NCAA didn't enjoy taking that licking, so now Baylor gets sternly worded letter

spineless, toothless criminals. i cannot wait for the NCAA to no longer have any standing in major college athletics.

Just being a Christian institution should have sufficed as knowing what the right thing to do would be....but...oh no....

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

What does the 4 year probation even mean? Does it come with any reporting requirements or limitations?

I’m guessing it just means the NCAA might try to fine them $10k next time they sweep over 50 cases of alleged sexual assault under the rug. Fuck the NCAA. 

No no no, that's not true! Because it's only a violation if they wouldn't have swept it under the rug for any other student!

It's not an impermissible benefit if ALL rapes get swept under the rug.

image.png.26799c04f44cd865e708ff54ea9fc9ec.png

Unless the commission and coverup of rape is an educational goal of Baylor University then Baylor violated NCAA Bylaw 2.4, so the NCAA is once again cowardly.

Find them in gross violation of this bylaw and make them say to the committee, in writing, that there was no violation because per 2.4-a Baylor University considers rape part of its educational mission.

Again, cowards.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

What does the 4 year probation even mean? Does it come with any reporting requirements or limitations?

I’m guessing it just means the NCAA might try to fine them $10k next time they sweep over 50 cases of alleged sexual assault under the rug. Fuck the NCAA. 

It's one step below double secret probation as mentioned in Animal House.  Obviously, the rapes and sexual assaults were caused by Jezebels paid by Sodom and Gomorrah in Austin to lead their sanctified athletes down to the gates of sheol and bring the wrath of the NCAA down on this God fearing institution.😁 

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

So long as you are committing academic fraud and covering up sexual assaults for other students you can just fraud and sexual assault away? So long as boosters just randomly give a bag of cash to a non-athlete from time to time it's all good eh? If only SMU had known that.

Go big or go home!