2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

NFM other than I am a dumbass

I assume because they are using a data aggregator that is fucked up or something. 

They still have early votes to count. A couple media outlets have mentioned a server fuckup with a third party showing the 99 percent when it shouldn’t.

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I have a couple of German friends.  They are in disbelief that a country as technologically advanced as the United States can't manage to hold a simple election. They're like "Dude ... WTF?"   What can I say?

say what you will about the shortcomings of the electoral college, but at least it's a process

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If trump is ahead why would he need to get more than half the outstanding votes?

Fixed it.   Biden needs 67% of the outstanding.   It's a tall order.   Looks like holding on in MI, WI, NV and AZ.   PA is a pipe dream.

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is also confusing me. CNN is showing 86% of the vote is in. This website shows like 99.9% in with just a handful of precincts outstanding in bigger counties. How long does it take to report to these counts to the media? Why does the media not use SOS websites as sources?

I would guess that the networks are calling the precincts directly. Between the SOS and the networks, I would expect the networks to be more likely to adjust their "expected vote" percentages based on what they're hearing from the precincts (i.e., the SOS probably had an expected number from the beginning, and they might not be a quick to change it).

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m proud to be an American today and I have not felt that in a LONG ass time.  
Im sure there were recent times I should have been proud, but this orange cloud hanging over us all didn’t allow me to feel even an ounce of pride.  

Trump didn’t allow [you] to feel even an ounce of pride? If that’s true, then you alone are responsible for giving Trump the power to be master of your feelings. Why would you willingly surrendered control of your feelings and emotions to any other person, much less to one that is unstable?

7 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Fixed it.   Biden needs 67% of the outstanding.   It's a tall order.   Looks like holding on in MI, WI, NV and AZ.   PA is a pipe dream.

2/3 of absentee votes seems about right. Probably getting 4/5 in philly metro, close to 1/2 in other areas

25 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Hope is a dangerous thing.

It's also misleading.  478k ballots with a 2:1 Dem advantage makes people think that Dems have a 300k 160k advantage in ballots.  They have a 74k ballot advantage, assuming no party and minor split evenly.  Granted, he posted the party registrations, but the text is kind of bullshit. 

Nevermind.  I'm wrong. 

Edited by Tuco

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

It's also misleading.  478k ballots with a 2:1 Dem advantage makes people think that Dems have a 300k advantage in ballots.  They have a 74k ballot advantage, assuming no party and minor split evenly.  Granted, he posted the party registrations, but the text is kind of bullshit. 

Can you clarify?  If the margin between D and R is 33%, then that's ~ 160K.

1 minute ago, Calihorn said:

And it meant nothing, because 75% of Arizona voted by mail.

Going forward it’s going to be imperative for democrats to show up on Election Day though. Republicans are crushing across the board especially in rural areas. If you want to win in blowout fashion then you have to show up on Election Day.

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It's also misleading.  478k ballots with a 2:1 Dem advantage makes people think that Dems have a 300k advantage in ballots.  They have a 74k ballot advantage, assuming no party and minor split evenly.  Granted, he posted the party registrations, but the text is kind of bullshit. 

The real problem with the tweet is that it isn't a 2:1 advantage. It is closer to 3:1 (assuming the actual counts are accurate in that tweet).

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Going forward it’s going to be imperative for democrats to show up on Election Day though. Republicans are crushing across the board especially in rural areas. If you want to win in blowout fashion then you have to show up on Election Day.

That's not how it works here in AZ, AZ is a majority mail in state, it was 75% in 2018 as well.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Disagree.  Its an easier way to get a vote suppressed if they know what day you're showing up and where.  The only thing that needs to change is when states start counting mail-in and absentee ballots.  

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yes. Sorry. Tired math. Yes, the implication is there is a 160k dem advantage, but that implication is wrong because D+R does not equal 480k. 

-Shit.  Nevermind.  I just need to stop for a while. 

Edited by Tuco

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well, hopefully there isn't a pandemic on in Nov. 2024, but maybe there will be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Georgia SoS says there are about 200k ballots still not counted, from urban areas.  Should overcome the 87k margin Trump is sitting on.  

CNN shows those counties are huge for Biden so far, like 70%. Fingers crossed.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm using ABC's numbers;

PA - 80% of the voted counted.    Trump leads by a little under 475,000 votes.   There are 1.4 mm votes uncounted.    IF Biden gets 67% of those, he wins PA.   Anything less....  Trump gets it.

Edit. switch the names.   Biden needs 67% of the remaining votes outstanding to pull PA.

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

If trump is ahead why would he need to get more than half the outstanding votes?

Calculate Figure It Out GIF

12 minutes ago, LTbear said:

He did the math backwards.

math GIF

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah that’s probably inverted

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

The split of the 478k is:

231k Dem

87k Rep

157k no party

so it’s not just Dem v. Rep, but without some other info about the non-parties, I’m not sure how he gets to only a 74k ballot advantage. Seems like it should be a 144k ballot advantage assuming non-parties are about even.