2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

PredictIt bettors are idiots, full stop. Markets will often shift 3-4 points based on a tweet from something like "Red Eagle Pollster Bot" saying that sources tell them early voting trends in rural Possum Taint county are 10% better than expected for Trump, but then not move based on a Biden +10 poll from a legit pollster.

It sounds like I don’t follow it nearly as close as you. Guess it’s nothing substantial. 

Left it on ANC after the debate. Dude...Jimmy Kimmel, via a video his wife put together, just fucking laid down the thunder.

The video is on preexisting conditions, using their young son as an example (he was born with heart defects). The video discusses how the ACA requires such coverage, and the GOP and Trump are actively trying to take it away, with no replacement. Calls out senators who voted to take it away.

Then says “Moms don’t forget.” And “Americans take care of one another.”

It is brutally powerful. Fuck this evil regime and all who enable it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Left it on ANC after the debate. Dude...Jimmy Kimmel, via a video his wife put together, just fucking laid down the thunder.

The video is on preexisting conditions, using their young son as an example (he was born with heart defects). The video discusses how the ACA requires such coverage, and the GOP and Trump are actively trying to take it away, with no replacement. Calls out senators who voted to take it away.

I need to check that out.

51 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Some movement tonight on predictit just based off the oil comments presumably.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5543

Trump voters have been conditioned by the lotto to give their money to people smarter and richer than they are, so they slot nicely into making dumb bets on PredictIt.

59 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Some movement tonight on predictit just based off the oil comments presumably.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5543

tenor.gif

All Trump gains erased in PA and the national head to head. Prices overall back to almost exactly where they were 4 hours ago.

Reactionary money in the minutes following the debate got quickly matched by vultures buying up depressed share prices.

11 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

tenor.gif

All Trump gains erased in PA and the national head to head. Prices overall back to almost exactly where they were 4 hours ago.

Reactionary money in the minutes following the debate got quickly matched by vultures buying up depressed share prices.

The Trumpkins are trying so hard to flip Florida, Arizona, and North Carolina on there for trump.

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

found it.....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I don’t even know what to think of that. It’s a red county for sure, but 25% new voters?  I’m assuming most of them are from out of state and quite possibly blue states. Could be good or bad tho.

Edited by Voldemort86

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

I don’t even know what to think of that. It’s a red county for sure, but 25% new voters?  I’m assuming most of them are from out of state and quite possibly blue states. Could be good or bad tho.

They did build Toyota HQ here with a lot of transplants coming from Cali. I think much of that new voter 25% will tilt strongly blue. 

Edited by AngryDragon
  • Hook 'Em 1

Here’s my take :

the other reason I’m skeptical that the trajectory of this race can change is the calendar. There’s only 11 days left before Election Day and 4 of those days are weekend days. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I usually don’t follow the news or politics as closely during the weekend. I’ll do something else like watch football or whatever. Congress isn’t in session those days. I only see about 6 good days where trump can try to score political points and he still doesn’t have a comey moment to dampen democratic enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

The words of another respected pundit. Anyone who thinks the oil comment is going to swing millions of voters is either an idiot or a desperate GOP loser.

Definitely respected. He should talk to his employee for this gaslighting tweet. I expect better from Cook.

Melissa is booming and its new residents are very diverse.

While everyone was FreAkINg OuT about oil on the debate thread, Trump got jacked by Biden on pandemic response early in the night.  

What’s more important to this election: O&G workers in Texas,  or terrified seniors in The Villages in FL, where Trump is already underperforming his 2016 numbers?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

While everyone was FreAkINg OuT about oil on the debate thread, Trump got jacked by Biden on pandemic response early in the night.  

What’s more important to this election: O&G workers in Texas,  or terrified seniors in The Villages in FL, where Trump is already underperforming his 2016 numbers?

My issue is that it introduced a ripple of any kind in what should be smooth sailing into the presidency.  Change can only be bad when you’re up by double digits. 

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My issue is that it introduced a ripple of any kind in what should be smooth sailing into the presidency.  Change can only be bad when you’re up by double digits. 

I’m a huge fan of Biden’s Keep it boring, String plan.  And In an ideal world he would have said “I’m not going to ban oil, but we do need to use less and start using more renewable energy”. But it’s noise, not signal.  

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

The oil comment likely removed any chance he had of winning texas, which removes the chance for the kind of message-sending blowout the country needs.  Sad that it was that fragile and sad that Biden wasn’t up to the task, but not unexpected, and at least he didn’t say anything bad enough to materially affect his chances of winning.

20 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The oil comment likely removed any chance he had of winning texas, which removes the chance for the kind of message-sending blowout the country needs.  Sad that it was that fragile and sad that Biden wasn’t up to the task, but not unexpected, and at least he didn’t say anything bad enough to materially affect his chances of winning.

Concern troll is concerned

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Trump is going to claim Biden said he's going to take away your oil & shut down the refineries. Just more of his doom & gloom, "your 401k's will vanish, every city will be a ghost town if Biden is elected" bullshit.

Biden's mistake was being sucked into answering Trump directly as the clock wound down. He said he would "transition" from an oil economy. Get his communication team out front with basic, elementary school level reminders to the populace with something like:

Oil & all fossil fuels are finite resources. They will not last forever. This is why America needs to lead the world in developing new, renewable & sustainable energy sources. We need to maximize O&G efficiency in the meantime, but always be looking to the future for the solutions that will continue to drive our economic growth & national security while maintaining a safe, clean environment.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Trump is going to claim Biden said he's going to take away your oil & shut down the refineries. Just more of his doom & gloom, "your 401k's will vanish, every city will be a ghost town if Biden is elected" bullshit.

Biden's mistake was being sucked into answering Trump directly as the clock wound down. He said he would "transition" from an oil economy. Get his communication team out front with basic, elementary school level reminders to the populace with something like:

Oil & all fossil fuels are finite resources. They will not last forever. This is why America needs to lead the world in developing new, renewable & sustainable energy sources. We need to maximize O&G efficiency in the meantime, but always be looking to the future for the solutions that will continue to drive our economic growth & national security while maintaining a safe, clean environment.

Yes, his answer should have been a strong "no, I would not shut down the industry, but I would help it transition to renewables. That has to happen."  He was right, but the wording wasn't perfect. Not a big deal.