2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

8 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

My favorite candidate of the cycle and my primary vote (sorry @bad_teammate), but he's going to have to start appealing to minorities. I'm not sure that's in his repertoire, but then again he's a smart politician so maybe he'll find a way. 

Buttigieg is there to keep the consultant class repubs in the Democratic Party camp once Trump is done. I don't think it will work, but who knows. I see the neocons and nevertrumper repubs fleeing back to the Republican party as soon as this election is over. 

3 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I see the neocons and nevertrumper repubs fleeing back to the Republican party as soon as this election is over. 

There's a task for the Dems there.  Demonstrate that in terms of long-term business success and investment, a lot of the things Dems are working for make great fiscal sense, and will actually make us MORE productive (healthcare is a freaking EASY one -- if you can convince employers that 1) they won't have to fuck around with employer-coupled insurance and 2) all of their employees, even the low-level ones, will have basic healthcare so they don't miss that many sick days/have to deal with kids doing the same, it's a boon.  They can dump that administrative task and expense, and more work days means more revenue.

That's just one example.  A functioning society with healthy, educated people is GREAT for business.   If you support business, you should support a political party that will move us towards those things.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rs are definitely ramping up the fear mongering.  They know the numbers are bad.

This is a fun question. If you were a democrat president, what foods would you outlaw with your enormous king powers? I would start with candy corn.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Seriously, Trump does sometimes sound like this is not his first language, and somebody taught him "Tremendous" and "Fantastic" and he can't stop using it.  

My attorney had to accompany me to Spain awhile back.  He hadn't spoken a word of Spanish since college so he listened to some lessons on the plane.  All he could fucking say when he got there was..."Si, Si...Claro que Si."  Thankfully, I speak good Spanish and everybody there spoke excellent English.  But it was like taking Trump around a tour of Europe.  

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

Soooo...

Your crazy wife had a bad dream and you're crazy enough to believe she "has the gift of premonition" so you shared her bad dream with Murka to try to scare some other crazy folks into...  What, exactly?  Ya fucking nut jobs?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

I really am starting to think 3rd party/other turnout in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are going to make a difference on way or the other.  

I don't have my mind around the maths yet and I do not hear any single credible news source discussing their numbers.

Laugh at them all you want, but people not named Clinton nor Trump accounted for well over 7.6mm votes in 2016.  That's a lot.  

I only know Jo Jorgensen because she's atop my old party's ticket.  I literally have no idea who is running on the Green Party, Constitution Party, nor Reform Party.  And I always know the names of those tickets.  Plus there is no true independent with name recognition this time around like Evan McMullin.  And the consensus on what states Kanye West is listed on the ballot of, remains a total fucking mystery.  Ballotpedia (which can be manipulated on a daily basis) says he's on 12 state ballots.  The battleground states being:  Iowa, Louisiana, and Colorado.  the rest of his states are comfortably hard red or named Vermont.  

I am honestly projecting (and this isn't with much research) that candidates not named Biden or Trump in 2020, will account for no more than 3 million votes.  Far less than half of what they did as an aggregate in 2016.  

Polling average for the last few weeks of polls in PA that list the minor party candidates show Biden at 50, trump at 44, Jojo at 1%

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Ain't that America, somethin' to see, baby.

That goes along with the Congressman from Louisiana's wife having "old crazy dreams."

Little pink houses for you and me baby.

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.....you should be impressed that it didn't look like this:

The children of asylum seekers will be sent to the space station on the moon first to make sure the experiment is viable.

FIFY.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This is a fun question. If you were a democrat president, what foods would you outlaw with your enormous king powers? I would start with candy corn.

Oh.....dude....I have a WHOLE platform on this topic.  Among the key items are:

Death penalty for the following food crimes:

Serving red beans and rice WITHOUT sausage/hamhock (meat is part of the dish, as a matter of law)

Serving cobbler not hot, without a scoop of ice cream

Calling hot dogs on the grill "barbecue" (nothing against such comestibles, but nomenclature is misleading)

Charging for refills of iced tea

A restaurant that derives more than 50% of its revenue from the sale of mexican food charging for chips and salsa

Serving CFS with brown gravy

Cincinnati chili

I also have a traffic rudeness/courtesy platform, but it's lengthy, and makes my death penalty standard look too kind.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry for getting everyone off topic.  My only point was that it wasn't something that needed to be said.  As mentioned by others, some insane amount of voting has already happened so it probably won't move the needle too much, especially since 90%+ of voters aren't on the fence.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Sorry for getting everyone off topic.  My only point was that it wasn't something that needed to be said.  As mentioned by others, some insane amount of voting has already happened so it probably won't move the needle too much, especially since 90%+ of voters aren't on the fence.

Dude it's Surly. Thread drift is our raison d'etre.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I work for a oil company and I voted for Biden.  Neither Biden or Trump has much control over the industry, for me it’s more of a choice between having a total shithead grifter or someone that seems like a decent guy as President.  I would give up my job if it meant having a good country to live in.  There are plenty of other ways to make money and plenty of things more important than money.

Neither / nor

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rs are definitely ramping up the fear mongering.  They know the numbers are bad.

A few night ago I dreamt that I could breathe under water and the water was a light pink color. Biden’s America.

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cincinnati chili

You can pry my Skyline from my cold, pre-diabetic hands.

Edited by Mole

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Serving red beans and rice WITHOUT sausage/hamhock (meat is part of the dish, as a matter of law)

Serving cobbler not hot, without a scoop of ice cream

Calling hot dogs on the grill "barbecue" (nothing against such comestibles, but nomenclature is misleading)

Charging for refills of iced tea

A restaurant that derives more than 50% of its revenue from the sale of mexican food charging for chips and salsa

Serving CFS with brown gravy

Cincinnati chili

I also have a traffic rudeness/courtesy platform, but it's lengthy, and makes my death penalty standard look too kind.

In my shaggy,surly experience, you can ask a random jackass on here and the probability they would say "chili with beans' would be the same as the probabilty of randomly picking an irrational number out of the real numbers.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who the hell puts beans in chili?

Single moms raising 4 boys in San Antonio after a recent divorce while also trying to pay the mortgage and for a new Honda in the early 80s.

Our meatloaf also had more crackers in it than most people used.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

because you sure don't speak good English.

I speak bien to buenos ingles.  Some would say fuerte a moderadamente fuerte. 

Are you with the grammar police or the let's round up the half-mexican posters on here police?  Because...have I got a job for you ;) 

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Seriously, Trump does sometimes sound like this is not his first language, and somebody taught him "Tremendous" and "Fantastic" and he can't stop using it.  

I've actually stopped (or tried anyway) to stop using words and phrases like "tremendous", "the best ever", "fantastic", "beautiful". The orange turd has coopted those words. Hopefully one day in the very near future I can reclaim them in a sentence like:

That was "the best ever" trial and the prosecuting lawyer was "fantastic". Trump received a "tremendous" sentence and will spend the rest of his life in a "beautiful" jail. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Jesse the Human Penis weighs in:

1 -- these people are goatfuckingly insane.

2 -- he literally suggests the novel, brilliant strategy of "call Biden a pig-fucker and make him deny it -- either way he answers it damages him!"  

The stupidity.....it's reaching the density of a singularity, when it will absorb all light and life within its gravity well.  They're SO.  FUCKING.  STUPID.